• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DJ signs with the grizz, 3+mil not sure on years

chillzatl

Well Dermarr did what he thought was best for him. Heck, we still have a Dermarr clone in Boris Diaw who could turn out to be better than Dermarr. Diaw has ballhandling skills which DJ didn't have, all he has to do is gain confidence and work on his shooting which the coaching staff can teach him.Good luck Dermarr. Looks like another wasted draft pick. I say we should look to sign DIon back with the team since DJ is gone.

• Admin

my "source" expected that DJ wouldn't get an offer of more than 1.5mil per year, IF THAT. And that's coming from someone who deals with NBA contracts on a daily basis.

I can't blame him for jumping on that offer. I hope he succeeds on every level there.

I sure hope your source is wrong but I doubt it. Jerry West has always liked DJ and I'm sure he wanted to make the offer high enough that the Hawks would be unlikely to match it.

We need to get the ownership situation resolved immediately. If we end up not resigning JT on top of losing DJ, I am going to be disgusted.

mutherf*cking sh*t! what the [censored]... i tell you, we will regret this... dj is going to be nasty...

this is what happens when no one knows who owns your team...

f*ckit, let's just let them all leave, sign isiah rider and ryan leaf and i'll pay to go the games and throw rotten fruit..

ok, so i'm a little upset... but comeon, this is f*cking ridiculous that it's taking this long for a sale to go thru...

If the Hawks were the Lakers ,Celtics I guarantee that things would get passed through quickly for league approval so the team can get things done to rebuild quickly.Because they are the Hawks the NBA cares less about them which pissses me off. I am so tired of the rest of the NBA not caring aobut the hawks that when this change of ownership gets done then I hope he is like Arthur Blank geting the best for the Hawks.right the Hawks are one of the dormats of the league.

I really don't get why you guys are so upset about this. He never really showed that much, and he is coming off a major neck injury. I more upset that a lottery pick was used to draft him in the first place. I think Memphis will be disappointed.

well the reason he never really showed alot because he only played 2 years! it's not like he went 4 years to college and was supposed to be more polished.. he was there one year so basically it's like a high school kid coming out..

i think he would have blown up this past year

Reef went to college one year then turned pro. Reef averaged 18+ ppg in his rookie season. I don't buy that stuff about not expecting him to produce right off the bat.

Do expectations drop that much from the 3rd pick to the 6th pick?

about potential because few of the guys drafted high had ever proven anything. Compare the #3 pick in that draft (Miles) to Reef. Miles has yet to average double figures in a season. In fact, DJ's 8.4 ppg his 2nd season are right in line with the 9.2 ppg that Miles averaged last year, his THIRD season.

I still think both Miles and DJ have a chance to become high level NBA players, but they are both going to take a while to develop.

That's true.

Reef went from a college true freshman that averaged 22 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 apg, 2 spg, and 1.5 bpg to a rookie in the NBA that averaged 18 ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg, 1 bpg, and around 1.5 spg. Reef is the only true freshman to ever win the Pac Ten Player of the Year award.

I think that really should show people how exceptional he really is.

I am in awe of the fact that the deal has not gone through yet. Whoever is at the core of all this really does not give a [censored] about the Hawks. And although this indecisiveness is a direct effect to the Hawks, it is terrible in the aspect of business, finance and economics. Someone(whoever it is) is really messing up big time.