• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One of the best moments of last nights game was...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Another great moment.

We exploited their defense early that lead to slams.

I actually watch us make the extra pass to the open man...

Somebody on Woody's bench has figure out Boston's rotations and found an open spot.

Quote:

When Smith Blocked Rondo's shot into the stands and Horf went over got the ball and dusted it off before he gave it back to the ref!!!!

LOL!

I don't get it? Was he "dusting it off" because it went into the crowd to a Boston fan?

Quote:

You gotta love Horford. He ain't gettin' punked by those cry-baby Celtics.

Horf is averaging 15 and 12 against the best defensive team in the game. His Field Goal and FT % are all up over his season averages. I must say, he has really stepped his game up!

and probably the biggest reason that we won last night was when they slowed down our full court game we started going inside out with Horford and JJ playing that 2 man game. If they didn't double Horford went strong to the basket. If they doubled then Horford kicked it out. If we do that again Monday night I really like our chance to win again.

Boy, did we ever miss an opportunity to make that arena explode in the 4th quarter though. Atlanta had just forced a turnover and Josh Smith was pushing the ball up the floor. Al Horford was racing down the other side looking for an alley oop. Josh tried to pass it to Al before he got to the goal and ended up turning the ball over. Al pointed up like he was going for the oop there, and Josh took the blame for the play. Had they been on the same page there and connected on that oop, that arena would have erupted!

Quote:

and probably the biggest reason that we won last night
was when they slowed down our full court game we started going inside out with Horford and JJ playing that 2 man game. If they didn't double Horford went strong to the basket. If they doubled then Horford kicked it out.
If we do that again Monday night I really like our chance to win again.

I was just about to start a thread on that very subject. People can talk all they want about this team and Woody, but they made some SERIOUS adjustments last night.

- They gave a dose of the Celtics their medicine back to them, by picking them up full court, forcing the C's to immeadiately call timeout to adjust. We didn't do it all the time, but we played more full court defense, which forced Rondo to work a little more.

- The inside-out game by tossing the ball down to Horford in the post, was a thing of beauty. It not only forced Perkins to work and play Al straight up, it also opened things up for JJ on the outside. JJ attempted 8 threes last night, making 5 of them. I don't think he had attempted 5 threes total in the first 2 games. That tactic also opened things up for Smoove to do his thing.

- For the most part, they stayed at home with the outside shooters and played KG straight up without a double team. It's not in KG's nature to completely take over the game with his scoring. Zaza's man defense on KG was pretty good last night.

- He took Bibby off of Rondo and put him on Posey or some other weaker perimeter player when he was in the game. Chill guarded Rondo or Cassell on occasion, keeping them in check for most of the game.

Of course, Woody won't get any credit for it, but it was obvious that the Hawks made adjustments.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Of course, Woody won't get any credit for it, but it was obvious that the Hawks made adjustments.

He is doing better northcyde! Whatever he said to get the hawks to finally use their athleticism to play pressure defense worked. His in game rotations were better. He is starting to use Law. Has convinced the team to move the ball! The question is, is it Woody or has the team decided to do these things on their own? We'll find out sooner or later.

• Premium Member

Quote:

and probably the biggest reason that we won last night was when they slowed down our full court game we started going inside out with Horford and JJ playing that 2 man game. If they didn't double Horford went strong to the basket. If they doubled then Horford kicked it out. If we do that again Monday night I really like our chance to win again.

Once Horf becomes more consistent on that shot, that will be our bread and butter. Horf inside.. JJ outside.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

He is doing better northcyde! Whatever he said to get the hawks to finally use their athleticism to play pressure defense worked. His in game rotations were better. He is starting to use Law. Has convinced the team to move the ball! The question is, is it Woody or has the team decided to do these things on their own? We'll find out sooner or later.

It was the ring... That big ring.