• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Josh Smith earn some $ or what?

mrhonline

Between the last game and tonight he absolutely earned that max deal and there's no doubt that he will still have bad games but they will become fewer and farther between as these great games become routine. I'm literally shaking right now having just finished the game on about a 40 minute delay. This is unbelievable!! Thank you HAWKS!!! Yo Joeeeee!

Quote:

Best thing about this is the fans of Atlanta are really getting to know Josh Smith. Many fans are looking for the next Michael Vick(in terms of excitement). They just may have found him in Smoove.

Great observation! I've had at least 3 or 4 friends who are casual fans call me tonight and tell me how much they love Smoove now. That next year they'll be season ticket holders.

• Premium Member

We should've re-signed him earlier in the season for 50ish million. Oh well, the "cat's" out of the bag now. But we've got to lock this guy up. He's "our" guy. We developed him, we deserve to see him flourish.

Quote:

The funny thing is that as great as he played he was 0-6 from 3. Pleasepleaseplease stop shooting 3s.

Someone said he only missed two shots that WERENT 3 pts. That is a huige reason why we won the 4th quarter (and ultimately the game). He wasnt in rhythm on half those 3s and the shot clock wasnt down to less than 5 or 6 in most of them. Take that away, and he was damn near perfect tonight. But yeah, he certainly raised his value with these last two games...

Quote:

We should've re-signed him earlier in the season for 50ish million. Oh well, the "cat's" out of the bag now. But we've got to lock this guy up. He's "our" guy. We developed him, we deserve to see him flourish.

Yep, the only question now is what position will he play next season (and thus Horford too)...

Yeah I'm with you guys he just pushed himself into "max lock" territory with these last two games... especially since the owners/GM/whoever's running the Hawks will see his ability to put fans in the stands.

If we can play like this during the year and, who knows, maybe on the road then certainly he'll be worth it. That jumpshot is starting to come along slowly...

• Premium Member

Quote:

He has earned it---Will he keep the fire burning as a max-ish player? That's the issue with taking kids that young---you have to make a call on their makeup before they really fully grow up in the NBA.

But, no doubt, he has earned it.

Listening to him talk on the radio this evening, he sounded SO MUCH more mature than a couple of seasons ago. Just words, but a good sign.

I really think this franchise is going to live or die with Josh Smith. If Josh continues to improve and play like he has the past two games then the sky is the limit for the franchise. If he plays like he did the first two games then the team will be a perennial also-ran.

I also think Childress is earning some money too and is definitely showing he can start and play a nice complementary role. If the Hawks don't pony up the cash for him then their bench will take an enormous hit.

Let's hope the owners step up to the plate in the off-season.

No doubt both Chills and JJ are coming back.

Ownership is bank rolling right now !

I bet they have sold more merchandise in Phillips and online in the last 5 days then they did the last 5 years !

The season ticket orders are probable up 1000% too !

Cha-Ching ! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't know what the final number will be (it may be slightly less than the max) but the Hawks MUST resign Smoove. Can you imagine letting him get away after all the excitement he has generated over the last 2 games? I would cancel my tickets immediately unless we had one HECK of a player coming back in his place. I think he has made more like $15-20M over the life of his deal in these last two games. I'd say he went from the 5 yr/$50-60M range to the 5 yr/$65-$75M range and he might get more than that.

If anyone recalls, one of the main reasons I wanted to make the post-season was to give Josh Smith more motivation to want to come back here.

But what has helped more than anything is given the ASG more of a reason to re-sign the guy.

Surely they can't be stupid enough to not give him his money now

I mean maybe if he hald a total meltdown in games 5 and 6, but even still.

Kid's potential is through the freaking roof.

The sky is the freaking limit for him as he improves his mid range jumper, handles, and most importantly BBIQ

Quote:

He has earned it---Will he keep the fire burning as a max-ish player? That's the issue with taking kids that young---you have to make a call on their makeup before they really fully grow up in the NBA.

But, no doubt, he has earned it.

I think betting on Josh is a pretty good bet. It really impressed me when he took it on himself last summer to go work with Hakeem and Calvin Murphy. He could've made a ton of money just on potential alone, but the approach he took makes me think his motivation to succeed comes from within.