• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

1st Round Playoffs Game 5: Atlanta VS Boston

gsuteke

watch?v=6_RicayN7X8&hl=en

Hawks knock off Angry Celtics

Quote:

How's that for a menacing gesture?

The Hawks barely made the playoff field, sporting the fewest wins of any team in the 16-team field.

And now they don't want to go away quietly.

Hawks captain and All-Star Joe Johnson won't allow it.

He and Josh Smith willed the Hawks to a stunning 97-92 Game 4 win over top-seeded Boston in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference playoff series before a rowdy sellout crowd of 20,016 Monday night at Philips Arena. The two combined to score all 32 points in the fourth quarter as the Hawks pulled even in the series at 2-2 with Game 5 Wednesday in Boston.

Johnson scored 20 of his career playoff-high 35 points in the fourth quarter as the Hawks overcame a 10-point deficit to win for the second straight night before a home crowd that went without playoff basketball for nine years.

"People were acting like we were supposed to be some charity case but we felt all along that we belonged," said Smith, who finished with 28 points, 12 in the fourth quarter, besting his previous career playoff high of 27 points from Saturday's Game 3 win over the Celtics. "They bested us in [Games 1 and 2 in] Boston. We can't erase that. But this is a series now, a real series."

They hit us in the mouth early," Johnson said of the Hawks' 16-3 first quarter deficit. "And they did it again later. But we hit back at the end."

Hawks Fans Welcome Back to Boston

DSC03707.jpg

Home of Bronzed Bodies

001.jpg

Dudes Not Smart Enough to Keep their Shirts on

P1010324.jpg

And Over-Sexed Women

1GoBoston.jpg

That is What Boston Fans Call a "Woman" isn't it?

According to Boston Fans

boston-2.jpg

Oh, Really?

Let me Guess..... You're Guy on the Left....

Quote:

"s1ickd" wrote:

Give the Hawks fans a break, they don't know what a championship team is supposed to look and play like. The Braves and Falcons dont really win many either, so you cant blame them for thinking they can win.

It's sort of like fist fighting a ten yr old. he might get one decent punch in on you, but you're going to win the fight.

And You're the Guy on the Right

Quote:

nasbahceltic wrote:

Can you imagine if they were actually good? What a waste of a series lets hurry up and get it over with so we can avoid any unnecessary injuries.

irishpm4.jpg

Now this one is Perplexing

Quote:

"16andRising" wrote:

Well goooohhhllllyyy!!!

You sure did get us purty good y'all!

Can't wait ta see hoo acshulee wins da serees!

Huh, Huh

A Poor Attempt at Comedy or is his Typing Mimicking his Talking? You be the Judge

CelticFan.jpg

Boston

36f87c22-1.jpg

And While on the Subject of Big Mouths and Small Brains

link

Quote:

Just after learning he made his sixth All-Star team, Celtics forward
Paul Pierce's first reaction was: "Joe Johnson?"

Pierce was surprised that his ex-Celtics teammate, now with the Hawks, made the Eastern Conference team at guard over his current teammate, Ray Allen. Pierce was one of seven players voted in as an East reserve by the conference's coaches. Celtic Kevin Garnett already was voted in as a starting forward by the fans, while coach Doc Rivers and his staff earned the right to coach the East.

Johnson is averaging 21.2 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 5.3 assists for the 18-23 Hawks. Allen is averaging 18.2 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists for a Celtics team that is an NBA-best 36-8 after last night's 96-90 win over Dallas.

"I felt like [Allen] probably should have been over Joe Johnson," Pierce said. "That's just me opinion, though. They don't have a good record. They are not a .500 team. If that's the case, I think you should be on a .500 team or better.

"No knock on Joe Johnson. He's definitely an All-Star. He's definitely put up numbers and he is definitely a great talent in the NBA. But I think it also should do a lot with what you do as a team."

according.jpg

capt_a1a4e7bf02534405bfe09836810413.jpg

Princess Pierce

PrincessPierce-1.jpg

shut_up.gif

gayasthis.jpg

Boston you got Used

e6e698d79c6d345ae34cea67680bcc03-ge.jpg

You got Abused

capt_b031df845ade4321ae72f1514d6fd5.jpg

And Boston... You got Punked!

028e1e0242735c0e156ba17233293ca6-ge.jpg

It's like Elementary School all over Again

celticbus.jpg

You Overrated Bums

kendrick.jpg

So tell me Ray Allen....

Kevin Garnett......

Paul Pierce.....

How does it feel......

To be Staring down the Barrel of a Gun?

bibbyhorfordyo9.jpg

It's a Best of 3 Series

db23.jpg

So Ring the Bell

bell.jpg

And Let's Get it on!

b71f.jpg

Hawks fans....

MarvinWilliams8.jpg

aliav1.jpg

Viva la Hawks!

celtic_toilet_small.gif

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Classic. All I can think about is Game 5 right now. I got two finals tomorrow and I have no idea how the hell I will be able to study for them with Hawks basketball on my mind. This series has been so much fun. All of my non-hawks fans are on the bandwagon now! Everybody in ATL is excited. Most don't really know how great this is for the fans that have been around to see this team pile up 13 wins in a season. LETS GO HAWKS!

Yeah, that Bibby-as-Travolta pic is friggin awesome. The female boxer at the end is kinda sexy. Heh.

Anyway, I feel you on the exams. I have exams starting next week (so I am trying to get a lot of studying done this week), but with the Hawks on and playing extremely well, I cant get anything done. Hell, I am graduating from Emory on the 12th, but hey, them Hawks sure can play some basketball now.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Despite their 66 wins I believe the Hawks have the Celtics at a breaking point. They can come out and crush their spirits if the Hawks are on fire out of the gates.

I know the Boston fans are on the brink. Look @ their RealGM board. They're jumping out of windows.

Quote:

THIS GAME IS CRUCIAL

i just saw the philly game, and when they lost it feels like they cant even go home and win.

With such a young team like the hawks we need game 5. It determines if we come out gunning in game 6 or come out like people who dont care.

Yeah but the difference is Detroit has already won a game on Philly's floor and has taken back momentum by winning two in a row to get out of a hole and take control. I think we'll be ready to play tonight, but if we dont win it's a different vibe because they havent beaten us at home yet.

I'm sure our guys will give maximum effort even if they lose tonight in Game 6

Great work Teke

Huge game for us.

Don't be surprised to see this game unfold somewhat like game 4. The C's will come out on fire, the Hawks just need to weather the early storm, run when they can, and then hope the "Big 3-tards" run out of gas in the 4th.

We have a puncher's chance now, so keep hitting them Hawks. Even the gang looses tonight we still have another game in Phillips, so no head hanging!