Sasquatch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Marvin did good tonight - as I was hoping for - and I hope he puts up 10+ points at Boston in the 7th game so he will be of some decent trade value. It's not that I "Hate" Marvin...it's just that he was the biggest mistake we have made recently and needs to go.

Should Chillz be our starting SF in front of Marvin? YES....should Chillz be our starting SF? No. The starting SF on a quality team needs to be be a player who can drive to the hole a bit and HAS to have 3-point range. Neither of them qualify.

All of that is so true, DJ. But you're talking as if our front office and ownership has a clue. We all know that's not the case. We'll probably make a bigger mistake down the road. Who knows with these guys, but hey this sure was fun tonight!

Quote:

Quote:

Oh BS...BBIB...without Marvin we would have had another player (if the ASG could afford a starting SF or a center) that would have probably done as good as far as the 6 games go - Marvin sucked tree sap last game and did good tonight.

As far as Marvin being the "key" to winning this game I call bullsh_t. He did good - far better than I expected - I was pleased. Now at least we can get SOMETHING for him in a trade. Guys who show up in a game AFTER the game they should have showed up in don't impress me.

Truly, If you want a team to really compete next year you need PG-Bibby/Acie-SG-JJ/Chillz-SF-Smoove/Chillz-PF-Horfy/Smoove- Center-___________/Horfy and a good coach.

So what player on our current roster leads the team in scoring at the SF position without Marvin?

He flat out played exceptional basketball and it's people who show their true colors when they try to bash a player even after such a performance that was pivotal in keeping us alive.

You are being silly, BBIB. Lay off the true colors crap, huh? Some of us have different visions of the future.

Quote:

....Sounds like you have already made up your mind on this 21 year old even though we are winning with him! Pretty sad

Nope PB...I have made up my mind on a professional basketball player. It doesn't matter to me how old you are if you are taking 1st round draft pick money. I have made my mind up on a season - not a single good game. Actually I'm very happy that MW did good tonight - and I hope he does good in game 7. Then we can hopefully trade him for more than a bag of donuts.

Congrats to Marvin for having a good game. I realize he is young and will make errors yet my opinion of him hasn't changed. No ability to drive to the hole and a inconsistent jump shot. Perhaps Marvin develops more but I wouldn't take a chance on it I would still consider trading him in the right deal while he has some value.

I know everyone is on a high from this game but the future isn't Marvin it is Smoove. I am not sure when Marvin is a free agent perhaps in a few years but the Hawk's still need more pieces to be a consistent contender. Don't let one game decide that Marvin is the future in the right deal anyone is available.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

but the future isn't Marvin it is Smoove

Pretty ignorant of you to assume it has to be one or the other. I'll take them BOTH, thank you very much.

Can't figure out this fan base. The Hawks seem to be putting it together but the fans continue to be dissatisfied and want change. I don't understand!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pretty ignorant of you to assume it has to be one or the other. I'll take them BOTH, thank you very much.

Can't figure out this fan base. The Hawks seem to be putting it together but the fans continue to be dissatisfied and want change. I don't understand!

We sure look more "complete" whe we play hard, play with poise, and play as a team.

Actually, we need Chillz too! All 3 bring something different and valuable to the table. Ideally, the young fellas keep playing well and we are able to sign all 3 to long term deal.

In addition, in the best case scenario, we are able to convince vets of the caliber of Cassell, PJ Brown, Posey, etc to take less to come play with the young guys in order to fill holes on our roster. If we can get a quality defensive veteran big man to come in next year, I think the Bibby/Acie combo is going to be fine at PG.

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you. I'd like to see all of our young guys reaching their potential together. Why does everybody have to play favorites with the Hawks? It's a team game. It's best for everyone on the team to be good, not one guy in spite of all the others. This is simple stuff.

Quote:

Marvin did good tonight - as I was hoping for - and I hope he puts up 10+ points at Boston in the 7th game so he will be of some decent trade value.
It's not that I "Hate" Marvin...it's just that he was the biggest mistake we have made recently and needs to go.

Should Chillz be our starting SF in front of Marvin? YES....should Chillz be our starting SF? No. The starting SF on a quality team needs to be be a player who can drive to the hole a bit and HAS to have 3-point range. Neither of them qualify.

So because Marvin Williams will never be as good as Chris Paul/Deron Williams it means he should be traded?

Makes no freaking sense. YOu let the young guy progress and become a pivotal piece in the team that we have contructed from scratch.

Marvin has improved his jumper and ability to drive this year which is why in nearly 1/4 of his games this season he scored 19+ PPG.

Giving up on the guy in his 2nd season as a starter as the youngest player of the team is ludicrous.

Acting as if he's maxed out as a player is beyond ignorant of how players can progress in this league

Marvin's on the front page of ESPN ...

the byline: "Marvin Williams led No. 8 seed Atlanta back to Boston with 18 points."

This was easily the greatest game Marvin's ever played... he stepped up in a playoff elimination game when we knew JJ would be facing constant double/triple teams. Bibby was supposed to be that guy but struggled for the most part... MW also game back hurt and showed some of the intangibles that were missing before.

His defense has also been solid for the most part and he grabbed a couple of big rebounds -- we may have gotten blown out early in the game and unable to recover if he wasn't getting & making open shots (or if JJ wasn't able to find him).

I am a Marvin hater. He played awesome tonight, but the thing that sucks is that this is the same thing that happened in the regular season. We'd write him off, he'd play one good (but not great) game and everyone starts saying "see hes got all the talent in the world, just give him time" then they are content with his suckiness.

• Premium Member

IMO he should play at this level EVERY SINGLE game... It's not like he is doing that much, making open jumpers, hitting the glass, etc. etc.

Having said that, I give him props for showing up tonight, when we really, really needed him. He showed some heart playing with his injury and hope that he can suit up Sunday...

We are gonna need all the help we can get against a 66 win team on the road facing elimination.

MW had an outstanding game, no doubting that. But 1 out of 6 (possibly 7) great games does not quiet down his critics. He was huge but Chilly was just as important and has been consistent the whole season.

You can't tell me a "second tier" free agent like Maggette or Posey couldn't fill out similar numbers like this more than every once in a while.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280502001

Chilly and MW had nearly identical numbers it's just that MW surprises every so often with a good effort and everyone is all riled up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin's on the front page of ESPN ...

the byline:
"Marvin Williams
led
No. 8 seed Atlanta back to Boston with 18 points."

This was easily the greatest game Marvin's ever played... he stepped up in a playoff elimination game when we knew JJ would be facing constant double/triple teams. Bibby was supposed to be that guy but struggled for the most part... MW also game back hurt and showed some of the intangibles that were missing before.

His defense has also been solid for the most part and he grabbed a couple of big rebounds -- we may have gotten blown out early in the game and unable to recover if he wasn't getting & making open shots (or if JJ wasn't able to find him).

Marvin played very well last night, but ESPN's Byline is totally incorrect. Marvin didn't lead the Hawks. JJ did. JJ's game was statistically ugly.. but he was the guy who was doubled all night. He made the big passes. Without JJ being doubled, Marvin's game would have been probably 5 pts, 3 rebs. Also JJ sealed the game with a three!!!