• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woodson believes he deserves to return

Cwell

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

The team has earned more wins each year he has been coach, and made the playoffs for the first time in nearly a decade under him...........

Maybe he does deserve one more year.

lol with a bunch of top 10 picks getting older it's so hard to imporove on 13,26 and 30 wins.RRRRRRIGHT,the guy is trash and needs to be raplaced.

There is at least one link between the new boss and Woodson's staff. Top assistant Larry Drew worked in Detroit for a year when Sund was the Pistons' general manager

That's an interesting connection. You would think that Sund would seek out his opinion. maybe he will give Drew more responsibility if Woody stays.

For the first time in the Woody era he finally got a PG to run the team and even with Bibby injured we were still a .500 team with Bibby and that's counting the losses our west when we first got him.

As I said before it's damn difficult to captain a ship without a rudder. Woody deserves one year with a healthy Bibby running the team and a full offseason of everyone working together. Hopefully Sund makes some solid moves and fills out the roster. If he does that I guarantee at least 45 wins next year WITH WOODY.

Quote:

For the first time in the Woody era he finally got a PG to run the team and even with Bibby injured we were still a .500 team with Bibby and that's counting the losses our west when we first got him.

As I said before it's damn difficult to captain a ship without a rudder. Woody deserves one year with a healthy Bibby running the team and a full offseason of everyone working together. Hopefully Sund makes some solid moves and fills out the roster. If he does that I guarantee at least 45 wins next year WITH WOODY.

^

... woody deserves to stay

Quote:

If the Bulls/Heat didn't suck so bad we would have won

we didnt make it past the first round and now we have bandwagon jumpers lol

seasons ago we literally had no direction at all, we drafted guys like sheldon, marvin, chilldress , DerMarr in high picks.. traded Gasol as well.. no offence to them but there were better choices, not coaches fault, now we have direction, we know how to run things, woodys knows how to run things, let him do it. i understand how its hard after years of losing but you cant expect a coach to turn things around in our situation.

• Moderators

Even with Bibby we failed on several chances to really lock up the playoff spot against . We continued to play as inconsistently as ever and please don't overlook that despite going to 7 games we were basically embarrassed in 4 losses in Boston including a game seven we couldn't even make competitive. You can blame the players and youth etc. but at some point the coach has to be able to put them in a position to win.

Does anyone remember our march to the playoffs? Here is a refresher:

Apr 2 vs Toronto W 127-120 Johnson 28/Horford 12/Bibby 12

Apr 4 vs Philadelphia L 104-109 Johnson 32/Smith 8/Bibby 11

Apr 5 at Philadelphia W 92-85 Johnson 22/Horford 12/Johnson 6

Apr 8 at Indiana L 98-112 Johnson 30/Smith 13/Johnson 4

Apr 11 at New York W 116-104 Johnson 34/Horford 11/Johnson 6

Apr 12 vs Boston L 89-99 Johnson 21/Horford 11/Johnson 8

Apr 15 vs Orlando L 105-121 Williams 16/Horford 11/Horford 6

Apr 16 at Miami L 99-113

Just as I said, we were a .500 team with Bibby and .500 teams aren't going to win every game, even when they need to. We definitely struggled at times at the end of the season, but you cannot argue that we weren't better with him than before. The biggest key will be filling out the bench with quality players that Woody can trust. Replacing guys like Salim, Richardson, etc with veterans who have been around a while will make a world of difference.

• Premium Member

Quote:

This has been debated so much . . . . . but what's he supposed to say. No I don't deserve another chance.

First choice is send him packing.

Second choice is to keep him and build a staff around him to address his weaknesses.

I like the second choice with the understanding that we bring in somebody who could just as easily take over and be a respectable HC.

That's why my short list is Porter, Harris, and Gentry... I also like the Hill's.

The Hawks were still losing to almost all the good teams and Bibby was still struggling against those teams. Don't forget that the Hawks were giving up 105PPG. Bibby is not a real PG. His passing skills aren't that good and neither is his shot. He barely shots 41% these days. 41% doesn't even qualify as being a decent shooter.

You have to do more than beat Miami, NY, LAC to become a good team.

One more two decent bench players can make abit of a difference... But new coaching is also needed.

I'm not advocating keeping Bibby, what I'm saying is that with Bibby we were a .500 team coached by Woodson and we all see the flaws of Bibby. If you upgrade Bibby then we should at least be a few games better than .500 and that puts us around 45 wins.

The next big step will require a coaching change I do believe. What is the Hawks style? Woody has been here for years and sometimes the team plays uptempo and sometimes they try to play halfcourt. The defense isn't getting better and Woody is supposed to be a defensive coach. 45 wins isn't going to a sure thing. Chicago can easily be better next year, NY will have better coaching... I think the Nets will be better with Devin Harris. Miami will likely not be tanking at the end of next year. Things are likely to get tougher instead of easier.

The Hawks might be ok with Bibby IF they get a couple of bench players and a REAL DEFENSIVE coach that can get a team to buy into his gameplan.