• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

5 best players to enter NBA in last 5 years

Packfill

Quote:

Who are the five best players to enter the NBA in the past 5 years (so 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 drafts):

Pretty easy for me. I've got to pick Lebron, Dwight, CP3, Wade, and Bosh.

Quote:

Quote:

Who are the five best players to enter the NBA in the past 5 years (so 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 drafts):

Pretty easy for me. I've got to pick Lebron, Dwight, CP3, Wade, and Bosh. I picked the same 5

at some point, a player's ability to lead their team to wins has to matter more than individual stats.

i agree with you 100% on Wade. my other four from the list are: LeBron, Paul, Howard, and D Williams.

i struggled with Anthony and Bosh, but ultimately believe that Howard is more dominant than either and Deron led his team to a conference finals.

Quote:

at some point, a player's ability to lead their team to wins has to matter more than individual stats.

i agree with you 100% on Wade. my other four from the list are: LeBron, Paul, Howard, and D Williams.

i struggled with Anthony and Bosh, but ultimately believe that Howard is more dominant than either and Deron led his team to a conference finals.

Deron has help, a lot more than Chris Bosh. Boozer, AK-47, and Okur make Deron's job a whole lot easier. Chris Bosh basically carries his team that doesn't have a legitimate scoring option outside of him. He makes everyone around him much better, and that's saying a lot considering he doesn't have much around him.

I just like to know who the two hopeless homers are who voted for Al Horford. I mean, great rookie season, sure, and should have won rookie of the year. But no way he's keeping the company of Lebron, CP3, Wade, Howard, etc.

I'm betting they were being slightly sarcastic.

LeBron, CP3, Deron Williams, Melo, and Al Jefferson are my picks. I know what you all are thinking but I think Al Jefferson will be an all star in this league some day and I also think he is already better than Dwight Howard(who is strictly all athleticism..he needs to work on his game more). Melo is a knucklehead but he is better than Wade even though DWade has a championship and Final MVP award. And all the other picks are obvious

i choose LJ, DWade, Dwight, CP3 and AL. To pick Al is being a homer? Naw, not really. He is one of the better big men to come in recently and I would personally take his bruising style as opposed to Chris Bosh's finesse. Arguments could be made for almost any of these players outside of the top 3.

• Premium Member

It gets fuzzy in my mind when you mention

Mello, Bosh, D Williams, Durant, Horf and Aldridge.

These players all have the ability to make a huge impact on the game. Not to mention Oden. The young guys are at a disadvantage. However, I think it's somewhat bad against Mello.

Mello has definitely seperated himself from the pack but now, the question is is he elite?

[ To pick Al is being a homer? Naw, not really. He is one of the better big men to come in recently and I would personally take his bruising style as opposed to Chris Bosh's finesse. Arguments could be made for almost any of these players outside of the top 3.

To pick Al is being a homer. There's no way he would be in the top 5 . Al Jefferson plays the same style and does it better imo, And they are the same age.

James, Wade, Paul and Howard are the top 4 without a doubt. After that, it is really close between Bosh, Anthony and Williams. If I had to pick one of the three as being the most talented, I'd go with Carmelo but it really just depends on what you need. Because great big men and great PGs are more difficult to find, I would probably take Bosh or Williams ahead of Carmelo if I were starting a team but I would be happy with any one of them.

I take the player's mental abilities in with his stats. Mello is a knucklehead and that knocks him off my list. Mello has not risen to the occasion during his career. He had that great/awsome run for the Orangemen, but he hasn't shown enough of that in the NBA for me. Add in that he creates distractions for his team, and that drops him down and out of the list.

Re: Horford- dude put up numbers that put him in the top of rookie big man seasons in the last 25 years. I don't know how that makes him a homer pick. Put on top of that he was playing out of position with no PG for the ~60% of the season. In terms of offense, Horford gets limited touches due to the guard-centric Hawks offense. Horford's presence is also credited as one of the main factors in the Hawks making the playoffs.

Overall, it is nearly impossible to rate 1st year players against 4 year players, yet Horford's numbers are right up there with these players.

So my five: LBJ, Wade, Paul, Howard, and Horford

Close- Deron and Bosh, these guys could be moved in for Horford, but for the above reasons, I went with Horford.

One other note, there are no Bulls players on that list- talk about blowing draft capital...

Quote:

Quote:

One other note, there are no Bulls players on that list- talk about blowing draft capital...

What player other than TT over Aldridge could be considered a bad pick since 2003, when they took Hinrich? I don't think u can say they took Thomas over Aldridge because they did take Aldridge they were just stupid for trading him for Tyrus .To be more precise but still a mistake lol

Al is going to be a terrific player but he is not a good as Melo right now. Melo's numbers speak for themselves.

As for Al's rookie numbers, they were good but they certainly don't comapre to the rookie numbers of big men like Shaq, Duncan, Robinson, Olajuwon, Ewing, Webber, Sampson, Coleman, Gasol, Mourning, Mutombo, Laettner or Brand and those names are just off the top of my head. He had a great season but certainly not a season that put him:

Quote:

in the top of rookie big man seasons in the last 25 years.