• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Updates from Sekou's "sources."

mrhonline

Quote:

We can use Marvin to address some needs next offseason in a sign and trade. Regardless this is his last year in Atlanta unless he takes a MLE type of contract.

LOL @ MLE contract. I guess Marvin is going to go into decline next year huh? Marvin may be ther very reason why we don't match either Smith or Chill.

This board is amazing. The kid averages 15 ppg, 6 boards and shot 46% FG and 80+% FTs . . yet . . people feel he's a dime a dozen player that has the worth of Royal Ivey.

Ish, Lebron would love to have a Marvin on his squad. So would Kobe, Wade, and T-Mac.

If Marvin improves ANY next year, he's getting a hefty pay raise as well. If not from us, from somebody.

Quote:

Quote:

We can use Marvin to address some needs next offseason in a sign and trade. Regardless this is his last year in Atlanta unless he takes a MLE type of contract.

LOL @ MLE contract. I guess Marvin is going to go into decline next year huh? Marvin may be ther very reason why we don't match either Smith or Chill.

This board is amazing. The kid averages 15 ppg, 6 boards and shot 46% FG and 80+% FTs . . yet . . people feel he's a dime a dozen player that has the worth of Royal Ivey.

Ish, Lebron would love to have a Marvin on his squad. So would Kobe, Wade, and T-Mac.

If Marvin improves ANY next year, he's getting a hefty pay raise as well. If not from us, from somebody.

I think many people expected him to be a superstar player. Regardless, he's still productive and a very important part of our team. He's a big reason that our playoff series went 7 games, and a big reason we made the playoffs.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think many people expected him to be a superstar player. Regardless, he's still productive and a very important part of our team. He's a big reason that our playoff series went 7 games, and a big reason we made the playoffs.

Without Marvin's game 6 we wouldn't have made it to play Boston in a game 7.

I like how you twisted my comment to make it look like I was bashing Marvin. Read it more carefully and you will see what I am saying is we won't be able to keep him at the price he will likely command. Which is to say will be around $8 mil per to start off. If Marvin want to remain with the team he will need to accept a MLE type of contract. We know that isn't going to happen. This is his last year with the team. If we can address a need or two and improve the depth by sign and trading him. That is the best option for the Hawks. Otherwise we lose the #2 pick for nothing. Hawks cannot afford to pay him,JJ,Horford,Chill and Smoove.

• Premium Member

Unless we get something REALLY good in return, we will regret it for the remainder of his career. I've made quite a few quiet points over the years and this will be another one to bookmark.

I can't believe how much people undervalue Childress...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Unless we get something REALLY good in return, we will regret it for the remainder of his career. I've made quite a few quiet points over the years and this will be another one to bookmark.

People who don't watch the Hawks play and don't know basketball can't understand what he brings. Nor can they understand his potential.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Which is to say will be around $8 mil per to start off.

With Bibby, Zaza, and Jones all free agents next year, the Hawks would be able to match a contract of $8M per. (In fact, the MLE is about $7M per).

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

People who don't watch the Hawks play and don't know basketball can't understand what he brings. Nor can they understand his potential.

So true. Sometimes I wonder why we undervalue our own players but always overrate other team's role players or benchwarmers. People talk about trading integral players on our team for guys with "potential" or marginal NBA players everyday here. I know it's all hypothetical and speculation, but sometimes I get the feeling that some fans are just trade happy. Childress is a very heady player with deceptive athleticism. His versatility made up for any holes in our roster. There were times where he played SF, SG, and PG for us, and did so without a lot of boneheaded mistakes and turnovers. That takes a profound knowledge of the game to pull that off. Chillz is a good all around basketball player whose skillset fits in well with any NBA team. There's a reason why so many of the more reputable teams who have an eye for talent are inquiring about him.

Quote:

We need size and perimeter shooting and Childress brings neither. Resigning him would cripple the Hawks ability to address their problem areas. That is all there is too it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That is all there is too it.

Oh, no. There's more to it.

You forgot the part where you admitted that you are not really a fan of the Hawks, and that you've actually never watched an NBA game in your life. mischievous.gif

Quote:

Quote:

You forgot the part where you admitted that you are not really a fan of the Hawks, and that you've actually never watched an NBA game in your life. mischievous.gif

Diesel is the lone person on this board who understands the game (and especially the CBA). We are all just Diesel wannabees.....

and i am George Clooney.

Quote:

Quote:

I'd love to pry away Hilton Armstrong from New Orleans.

I also wonder if any team would be willing to take Claxton along with Childress...

Hilton Armstrong and a future 1st would be great.

A future first . . . . . that's crazy. He went number 12 in the draft.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diesel is the lone person on this board who understands the game (and especially the CBA). We are all just Diesel wannabees.....

and i am George Clooney.

More like Rosemary Clooney