• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He made 7 of 8 three's in one half! The ASG really needs to get this guy.

I don't know why some posters are hating on this guy!

Yes, you do You're just choosing to ignore us.

J.R. Smith, according to fans of both the Hornets and the Nuggets, is terribly inconsistent, plays little to no defense, isn't a team player, gets lost on the court frequently, plays with little to no basketball IQ, and has a poor work ethic.

Yay! Sounds exciting!

All those reasons are why I'm thinking ASG will sign him

I like his athleticsim and he would allow us to play uptempo. At this point our choices are limited.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Good enough for USA Select Team

Luther Head is on that team, too.

Seriously, Smith has amazing range on his shot. Unfortunately, he seems to think that gives him the right to take 10 shots from there every game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Seriously, Smith has amazing range on his shot. Unfortunately, he seems to think that gives him the right to take 10 shots from there every game.

Guys we're signing him as a back up player not as Joe's replacement!

Luther Head is the least talented player on that squad. Every one on the team, including our own Al Horford, should be honored to be on that squad. They still haven't called Marvin yet for some reason.

J.R Smith is more immature than he is a thug. Just because he has tattoos doesn't make him a bad guy.

As for his defense, he played Kobe very well and played hard every playoff game I watched. Even when they were about to be eliminated. I gained alot of respect for him after that. Just as I did for Smoove when he was running down Rasual Butler on a fast break in a 13 win season.

Smith is a very talented young player who may be ready to take the next step in his career. Why not do it in a Hawks uniform.

• Premium Member

Smith is a terrible defensive player. And he could just as easily implode in Atlanta.

I'm serious, go ask Hornets' fans about his work ethic and maturity. They'll tell you the story of Smith chucking up mid-court shots when he was supposed to be focusing in practice.

Or better yet, find the article where Byron Scott talks about J.R. Smith coming in late to practices. Or about his "uncoachability." Or his "me-first" attitude.

Or ask George Karl why he wouldn't play his best perimeter shooter on one of the poorest perimeter teams in the NBA for more than 20 minutes a game.

Hey, if it's a one-year deal, I'd understand. But a three to five-year deal for Smith could be a total disaster.

Quote:

If he's so great, why has he never played more than 24 minutes a game during a season?

Maybe it's because he plays on a 50 win team rather than a 37 win team. How many minutes do you think Childress would get in Denver this past season?

FYI players that can possibly be had for the MLE aren't great by definition.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe it's because he plays on a 50 win team rather than a 37 win team.

He played fairly well after the All-Star break.

But what bothers me is the fact that the two Smith's could both be trainwrecks for several games at a time.

The Hawks would be the most athletic team in the NBA, that's for sure.

Yes I know he is very immature. I saw a special on him when he was drafted. He had some family living with him and I could tell this was a kid steppting into a man's world. The guy was eating candy bars and playing video games. He is more immature than he is a head case like I said. Its seems some Nuggets fans seen what I did at the end of last season.

Quote:

This should be great experience for him. He'll actually get some of the coaching he needs. Good to see him get some recognition for his play. At the end of the year he was looking like he could end up being a big star in this league.

Quote:

Hope no greek teams see film of him a the end of last year. He could get a huge contract over there with his potential.

Quote:

thats good news for jr. dont jinx us with that greek talk. i sure that j.r realizes that the nba is the biggest stage.

Quote:

We should try to sign him before he draws too much attention. Guys got crazy amounts of talent.

link

J.R needed time to grow up and I believe he is doing just that. I will take the opinion of the Nuggets fans over those of the Hornets. He was only 18 or 19 when he came in the league and played for Byron Scott.

George Karl, the Nuggets and defense don't go together. If Karl is blaming a single player for there defensive trouble then he is not taking the blame nor is he giving it out equally to all players.

Well he's an RFA who's apparently drawing little to no interest from anyone and has only been offered the QO by the Nuggets for next season- so realistically, what would it take to get him here? I'm curious to hear everyones opinion, because I have absolutely no idea.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Apparently you don't remember JR Rider!

It's obvious that they don't. Rider was always the choir boy for the camera. He was always mister innocent in the public eye. He was great at Smoozing the fans. However, he was a lockerroom Cancer.