• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Blame Shame

Swatguy

I read the ASG made Chillz an offer on July3rd which was pulled soon after because Chillz did not accept it. The source says ASG offered then, a lower contract. Thus the 5 year 33mil.

Chillz said in his interview "I wanted to sign early so I can relax, it didn't get done". The Greece scenario was not present during the Two ASG offers (2nd was lower).

So instead of negotiating higher they negotiated lower forcing Chillz to "get a better deal".

So all of the talk of Sund(ASG) offering a good, fair offer is and was BS.

If Sund made these decisions without ownership direction, He should be relieved of his services Immediately.

Quote:

Sorry but that's simply not true. Our offer was more than anyone else could offer and would have averaged about 7 million per season. There is no way in hell he is worth more than that and some would debate that he is even worth that. I hate that Childress won't be here next year, but if he wanted to be a Hawk and get his deal done early then he should have accepted the offer, which was above market value.

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry but that's simply not true. Our offer was more than anyone else could offer and would have averaged about 7 million per season. There is no way in hell he is worth more than that and some would debate that he is even worth that. I hate that Childress won't be here next year, but if he wanted to be a Hawk and get his deal done early then he should have accepted the offer, which was above market value.

The reported 2nd offer averages 6.8 mil. It was the 2nd offer, so the 1st was better. They erred negotiating down instead of up. Obviously the 2nd offer was not "more than anyone else could offer" because it was bested.

So at a time when Chillz could have been signed for probably 5 years and 38-40mil. and JSmith at 5 years for 60-62 mil. But the thought it better to play "Hardball".

In essence the Chillz deal in Greece is better than the reported offer on the table for JSmith.

Timing is everything. You snooze you lose. So what I say is the truth and Sund has made a very mistake and is also with JSmith. It may cost any hope of having a decent team anytime soon.

What he (Sund/ASG) have done in 23 days has undone all the gains of the last 4 years.

Quote:

Quote:

If it is true that the Hawks extended an initial offer and then withdrew it, only to extend a second, lesser deal, then they have no one but themselves to blame for Chill walking.

I don't know if it is true though so we are all speculating at this point.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The reported 2nd offer averages 6.8 mil. It was the 2nd offer, so the 1st was better. They erred negotiating down instead of up. Obviously the 2nd offer was not "more than anyone else could offer" because it was bested.

So at a time when Chillz could have been signed for probably 5 years and 38-40mil. and JSmith at 5 years for 60-62 mil. But the thought it better to play "Hardball".

In essence the Chillz deal in Greece is better than the reported offer on the table for JSmith.

Timing is everything. You snooze you lose. So what I say is the truth and Sund has made a very mistake and is also with JSmith. It may cost any hope of having a decent team anytime soon.

What he (Sund/ASG) have done in 23 days has undone all the gains of the last 4 years.

I don't get it. All Childress did was crash the offensive boards and occasionally dribble the ball up the court. He might have affected the outcome of 2-3 regular season games out of 82. He's not an impact player, but a good bench player.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't get it. All Childress did was crash the offensive boards and occasionally dribble the ball up the court. He might have affected the outcome of 2-3 regular season games out of 82. He's not an impact player, but a good bench player.

Yes.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

When? Where did you see this? I have read about the 33 Million offer... I have heard from Sund's own words that they were not going to offer more than the market. So tell me.. where did you see this 7 million dollar per season deal?

• Premium Member

Quote:

second. it was a fair offer. and Sund didnt do anything w/o ASG knowing about it - in terms of dollars and sense.

How are you defining Fair?

5 year 33 Million = Fair?

That's not even the MLE?

They offered Chillz a couple of 100,000 more than his QO. Where's fair?

Chillz would have still been making less than Marvin. Who he's better than.

• Moderators

Quote:

Obviously the 2nd offer was not "more than anyone else could offer" because it was bested.

This isn't true unless you are arguing that it is all about money which the player camp insists it isn't. The Hawks offered what they offered for salary with all the benefits of playing in the NBA. The Greek team did not/could not include that in their offer.

Quote:

Quote:

Obviously the 2nd offer was not "more than anyone else could offer" because it was bested.

This isn't true unless you are arguing that it is all about money which the player camp insists it isn't. The Hawks offered what they offered for salary with all the benefits of playing in the NBA. The Greek team did not/could not include that in their offer.

Really? Would you rather been in San Antonio making 5 mil. or in Athens making 10?

He probably would have settled for 8 in Atlanta.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Really? Would you rather been in San Antonio making 5 mil. or in Athens making 10?

He probably would have settled for 8 in Atlanta.

He wasn't worth 8 million.

I have read anywhere from 5 years and 33 (average 6.6) to 35 (average 7) million for him. Even if it's the former that's still very close to a 7 million dollar average salary.

I can't believe that you honestly think Childress is worth more than that.

I think it was the Broussard article, although I'm not sure, that said we gave him the initial offer of just over the MLE and then we increased the offer, only to withdraw that offer later on and go back to the initial offer. I don't think we ever decreased from the initial offer.

I have a feeling that once Childress rejected that offer Sund started looking around the league for alternatives that would cost less and I think at that point they didn't want Childress to come back.

So you're suggesting that we we spend roughly 18 million this year on Childress and Smith? That would give us 10 players under contract and put us right at the luxury tax. Do you think that is smart business sense when you can replace a lot of what Childress brought us for half the cost and considering that you still need to sign 2-3 more decent players?

Quote:

Where's fair?

Chillz would have still been making less than Marvin. Who he's better than.

Chill isn't even close to being better than Marvin, who also happens to be 3 years younger, and is much more likely to improve dramatically.

The concern now becomes signing Marvin to an extension ASAP b/c his price will only rise throughout the season.

Quote:

Chill isn't even close to being better than Marvin, who also happens to be 3 years younger, and is much more likely to improve dramatically.

The concern now becomes signing Marvin to an extension ASAP b/c his price will only rise throughout the season.

If 5 Chillz scrimmaged 5 Marvins. Chillz would win 75 of 100. Or more.

Quote:

I have read anywhere from 5 years and 33 (average 6.6) to 35 (average 7) million for him. Even if it's the former that's still very close to a 7 million dollar average salary.

Yeah but the point a lot of you are missing is that if the ASG didn't think he was worth that THEY SHOULD HAVE TRADED HIM. It is completly their fault that we didn't get anything for him. It might not be their fault he wanted more money than we wanted to give him, but it is their fault he just walked.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah but the point a lot of you are missing is that if the ASG didn't think he was worth that THEY SHOULD HAVE TRADED HIM. It is completly their fault that we didn't get anything for him. It might not be their fault he wanted more money than we wanted to give him, but it is their fault he just walked.

There was a rumor from a pretty legit source that the ASG blocked a trade that BK tried to make that would've sent Calderon here for Childress. I believe it, just another burnt page in their disastrous history.