• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks' Law Named To All-revue Squad

mattlanta

Hawks guard Acie Law IV was named all-tournament first team for the 2008 Rocky Mountain Revue summer league.

Law averaged 16.2 points, 3.6 assists and 2.2 rebounds in leading the Hawks to a 4-2 mark. He ranked sixth in scoring and sixth in assists in the tournament.

Jeremy Richardson and Othello Hunter also received votes for the All-Revue squad.

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...evue_squad.html

:Batting Eyelashes:

• Premium Member

Thanks.

41.2 eFG% (terrible)

52.5 TS% (average)

1.2 A/TO (poor)

Honestly, I don't think this bodes so well for Acie. That jump in TS% had much to do with his free throw attempts, many of which he won't get vs. NBA-level players.

I don't mind the lack of assists - he's the best scorer on the court, so he should be keeping the ball. It's the turnovers that trouble me. And the lack of steals...

Acie's got some work to do by November, I think.

• Premium Member
Thanks.

41.2 eFG% (terrible)

52.5 TS% (average)

1.2 A/TO (poor)

Honestly, I don't think this bodes so well for Acie. That jump in TS% had much to do with his free throw attempts, many of which he won't get vs. NBA-level players.

I don't mind the lack of assists - he's the best scorer on the court, so he should be keeping the ball. It's the turnovers that trouble me. And the lack of steals...

That Gardner kid numbers were impressive. This kid can shoot!

Edited by Peoriabird

Thanks.

41.2 eFG% (terrible)

52.5 TS% (average)

1.2 A/TO (poor)

SL is like street ball and and as a result tends to be on the wild side. That doesn't bode well for stats. But I hope the confidence translates to the camp.

don't stress the assist numbers at all. I saw all but one game (which wasn't streamed) and Acie had ALOT of his assists blown.He was setting guys up extemely well. The guys just wouldn't make the shot. I'm talking about him setting a guy up for a dunk and the guy missing it with nobody around him. Guys going for the highlight slam instead of the easy lay in and getting blocked or knocked off balance. It would be games I saw atleast 5-8 assists but he only had 2-3 on the boxscore. He'll be alot better off when he gets back with NBA players. Ima miss Childress but he now has Evans that can knock down an open shot when set up.

Acie certainly got his confidence back up and his jumper has imrpoved. his bad FG% was mostly from hard drives and missed lay ups. ( he needs to improve there)

He looked quicker,faster, and stronger. U can tell he was trying to add pieces to his game. He posted up his guy every chance he got.

Edited by Cwell

what if he can avg 16 in the reg season :Praying:

That will only be possible (note, I didn't say it will happen, but only possible) if he is given the same, or close to it, amount of playing time with Woodson which I highly doubt unless Bibby is injured.

Acie is going to be fine.

Just as long as Acie stays healthy, I think he will be able to slowly develop into a solid starting point guard for us. He should be ready (if he isn't injured) to take over the starter role after the first half of the season is finished.

• Premium Member
Thanks.

41.2 eFG% (terrible)

52.5 TS% (average)

1.2 A/TO (poor)

Let me state this again this year.

It's summer league.

Summer league stats are meaningless.

Law is playing with a bunch of players trying to make somebodies team. That means less team play and less attention to detail... Because when you're trying to get people to notice you, you don't fall into the background.

Law will be fine.

Let me state this again this year.

It's summer league.

Summer league stats are meaningless.

Law is playing with a bunch of players trying to make somebodies team. That means less team play and less attention to detail... Because when you're trying to get people to notice you, you don't fall into the background.

Law will be fine.

Ditto Law will be ok. I watched several games Acie should be starting by December. 80% of the other teams in the league would have BIbby coming off the bench.

don't stress the assist numbers at all. I saw all but one game (which wasn't streamed) and Acie had ALOT of his assists blown.He was setting guys up extemely well. The guys just wouldn't make the shot. I'm talking about him setting a guy up for a dunk and the guy missing it with nobody around him. Guys going for the highlight slam instead of the easy lay in and getting blocked or knocked off balance. It would be games I saw atleast 5-8 assists but he only had 2-3 on the boxscore. He'll be alot better off when he gets back with NBA players. Ima miss Childress but he now has Evans that can knock down an open shot when set up.

Acie certainly got his confidence back up and his jumper has imrpoved. his bad FG% was mostly from hard drives and missed lay ups. ( he needs to improve there)

He looked quicker,faster, and stronger. U can tell he was trying to add pieces to his game. He posted up his guy every chance he got.

Basically what I was going to say, he had tons of assists that weren't registered because of blown layups or fouls. My only complaint is that his jumper still looks awkward, he just doesn't look comfortable shooting the ball.

Law will be fine.

I hope so...but it looks like Law is a typical #11 pick....he'll just "work hard" and get his pay....I doubt he will ever impress at the NBA level. Sure...he hit some big shots at A & M....let's see it here...in the NBA....time to do it is...........NOW

Sh_t or get off the pot. :P

Edited by DJlaysitup