• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jj Turned The Hawks Season Around

exodus

against the Heat in early march. The Hawks had just lost their first 4 games in march, including a blowout loss to the Bobcats in their last game. They came out lethargic against Miami and JJ decided he had seen enough.

JJ started shooting, and shooting, and shooting. He was just lighting up the Heat but still the Hawks were losing at the half. Then JJ pulled a stunt that i have never seen before which just seemed to stun the Miami crowd and their players.

He was bringing the ball upcourt casually after a defensive rebound, took maybe one dribble past halfcourt and launched a 3 with at least 16 seconds left on the shot clock and made it. Then he jogged back down court like nothing had happened as if to say that's right, i got it like that. I was like W T F.

The game was over when he hit that shot. The rest of the game was just a formality. JJ finished with 39 points

Seeing High 5 talk about JJ's shot which we both have in our avatars is what got me to thinking about it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was against the Clippers. I'm pretty sure. Because he kept launching threes and for a heat check he took a dribble or too past half court and let it rip and nothing but net

Edited by Cwell

against the Heat in early march. The Hawks had just lost their first 4 games in march, including a blowout loss to the Bobcats in their last game. They came out lethargic against Miami and JJ decided he had seen enough.

JJ started shooting, and shooting, and shooting. He was just lighting up the Heat but still the Hawks were losing at the half. Then JJ pulled a stunt that i have never seen before which just seemed to stun the Miami crowd and their players.

He was bringing the ball upcourt casually after a defensive rebound, took maybe one dribble past halfcourt and launched a 3 with at least 16 seconds left on the shot clock and made it. Then he jogged back down court like nothing had happened as if to say that's right, i got it like that. I was like W T F.

The game was over when he hit that shot. The rest of the game was just a formality. JJ finished with 39 points

Seeing High 5 talk about JJ's shot which we both have in our avatars is what got me to thinking about it.

Cwell is correct, it was against the clippers, it was siiiick......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD-o7h9xgs8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD-o7h9xgs8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD-o7h9xgs8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object

what the hell.....no more embedded videos, dolphan? :O

Edited by Supporter

Yeah after checking the play by play it was the Clippers. My mind must be going south on me.

JJ scored 18 in the 3rd quarter and was 7/8 from 3 on the game. This is from the play by play.

3:55 Johnson Rebound (Off:1 Def:4)

3:49 Johnson 3pt Shot: Made (25 PTS)

So six seconds after he got the rebound he jacked up that 3. Man i fell out when he did that.

• Premium Member

JJ REALLY turned it on after the Bibby trade too. The guy is one of the smoothest, skill players I've seen. He won't blow you away with athleticism, but he has crazy moves and hitches to his game that makes defensive players struggle to get a read on him. He has nice hesitation moves and his pull up jumper is lethal. I know a lot of people feel that he is not a "super" star, but he does a heck of a lot more than the superstars in this league could do with less athleticism. He's a nice player the majority of the time, but when he turns it on (see Playoffs Game 4) he can be a friggin' BEAST and not even look like he's trying. I like that.

• Premium Member

Just go under quick access and click youtube.

Then JJ pulled a stunt that i have never seen before which just seemed to stun the Miami crowd and their players.

THANK YOU MIAMI... WE LOVE YOU!!!!

:lol:

I went crazy when he hit that shot. However, I went NUTS when he hit like a full court shot I think at the end of the 3rd, but I forgot who he was playing. It was one of the best shots I've ever seen, man. Does anybody know what game that was ? I would love to see a clip of that.

I went crazy when he hit that shot. However, I went NUTS when he hit like a full court shot I think at the end of the 3rd, but I forgot who he was playing. It was one of the best shots I've ever seen, man. Does anybody know what game that was ? I would love to see a clip of that.

That full court shot was against NJ.