• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Vick to play football in '09?

Swish

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

The problem with Vick wasn't that he didn't have anybody willing to teach him, but that he became unwilling to learn.

The first thing that went out of the window the minute Vick got his contract was his humility. What happened to the soft spoken humble kid that threw for almost 3000 yards and was in top three for MVP voting his first year starting???

Not only did Vick not improve upon his 2002, but he very visibly regressed. (he never gained as many total yards, touchdowns, or recorded a better passer rating than that year) A lot of it was Mora's fault because he could not remove his lips from Vick's ass long enough to actually stand up to his QB when he played like garbage (and yes, he played like absolute garbage several times)... Vick was QB, HC, and President of the Falcons while he was here and the team clearly took on his egotistic, complacent attitude.

Matt Ryan is the anti-Vick... Every press conference he gives credit to everyone on the team and brushes off any words of praise from the Media, teammates or coach. He has only one thing on his mind: to become as good as he can be... Parties, fame, recognition, dog fighting... these are things that Ryan is TOO mature to get caught up in.

If Vick had maybe 1/10th of Ryan's Maturity we probably would have been contending for Championships instead of missing the playoffs for three straight years.

I don't feel sorry for Vick, and I certainly wouldn't want him back now for anything in the world. He single-handedly almost destroyed our entire franchise. If the team hadn't lucked out and gotten Ryan who knows how long it would be until we had a playoff-caliber team... Having said that, I believe everyone deserves a second chance, and I'm sure that with his massive ego having been humbled the way it has, that Vick will be in a position where he could possibly become a relevant NFL player once more... I just don't want that to happen with the Falcons. Ever.

Edited by Atlantaholic

the bengals (mike brown) did bring henry back and picked up benson, but i don't see vick there. the place i most see him in is with the ravens. for some reason it just seems a perfect fit. i'd bet vick and ray lewis would become instant bff's, share a limo and hit the superbowl party scene together.

Miami WILL NEVER want Vick as QB. We have our franchise QB of the future in Chad Henne.

If Vick comes back to the NFL he needs to be on a team that is very talented around him. Personally I'd rather never see him back in the NFL but that's just me.

yall have got to let the dog fighting thing go. seriously, let the 5hit go. he did wrong but damn let it go. but i for some reason believe there is a second reason why yall dont want him in the nfl again but i wont say.

yall have got to let the dog fighting thing go. seriously, let the 5hit go. he did wrong but damn let it go. but i for some reason believe there is a second reason why yall dont want him in the nfl again but i wont say.

I'm sorry that a year or however long in a white collar minimum security prison isn't enough to erase the horrible things that he did or was apart of. It has absolutely everything to do with him being trash in my book and nothing to do with anything else.

You have got to be kidding me about there being another reason, right?

I'm sorry that a year or however long in a white collar minimum security prison isn't enough to erase the horrible things that he did or was apart of. It has absolutely everything to do with him being trash in my book and nothing to do with anything else.

You have got to be kidding me about there being another reason, right?

damn you reply fast.

ITS JUST DOG FIGHTING!!!! i really didnt want to say that because i didn't want to sound like i dont like animals but thats why he is in a white collar jail. i cant see vick in any other jail

Tyron: What you in for?

Skillet: I raped 5 girls and im in here for 25 years

Tyron: damn, yo John what you in for?

John: my boss payed my 50 cents short on my check so i murdered every body at my job and im in here for life

Tyron: wow you crazy, mike what you in for? i know you dd something crazy

Mike: i electricuted lots of dogs and buried them.

Tyron: you killed dogs? um...i think thats gangsta too.

im not condoning vicks action but lots of..... folks is taking this too seriously.

• Premium Member
damn you reply fast.

ITS JUST DOG FIGHTING!!!! i really didnt want to say that because i didn't want to sound like i dont like animals but thats why he is in a white collar jail. i cant see vick in any other jail

Tyron: What you in for?

Skillet: I raped 5 girls and im in here for 25 years

Tyron: damn, yo John what you in for?

John: my boss payed my 50 cents short on my check so i murdered every body at my job and im in here for life

Tyron: wow you crazy, mike what you in for? i know you dd something crazy

Mike: i electricuted lots of dogs and buried them.

Tyron: you killed dogs? um...i think thats gangsta too.

im not condoning vicks action but lots of..... folks is taking this too seriously.

So because other people have done worse things than dogfighting, than it means we are taking dogfighting too seriously?

Last time I checked convicted murderers and rapists aren't allowed to play football... So your point about dogfighting not being as bad as rape serves no purpose... Convicted Rapists can't play football, convicted drug dealers can't play football, convicted racketeers and animal killers can't play football... Are all these crimes equal? No. But they all merit long suspensions and/or permanent banning from a professional sports league.OF COURSE.

If you actually made a comparison between someone who had been convicted by something worse than what Vick did AND was playing in the NFL, than you would actually be starting to make some sense... The argument you would be making, however, would be one that criticizes the inconsistency of the league in the way it handles it's players.

Considering that Adam Jones gets suspended every week for causing social disturbances, I can't say it is likely the the league will let Vick play after he murdered hundred of animals, and ran a NATIONWIDE (!) gambling rink

Edited by Atlantaholic

didnt a dude who with the broncos kill somebody while drinking and driving? but i guess since his was a accident then its acceptable.

yall can say he shouldnt be allowed to play but he will be back. Goodel is so inconsistant with his suspensions and fining that its really hard to tell. its just dog fighting. it aint right but it is what it is. yall might not like it but its life.

But whats gonna happen is a lot of dog lovers are gonna complain, write letters, protest and all that BS. Listen i like dogs but im not gonna call for vicks head.

either you can bitch, be about it or go on with our every day lives.

Edited by hoodstar

• Premium Member
didnt a dude who with the broncos kill somebody while drinking and driving? but i guess since his was a accident then its acceptable.

yall can say he shouldnt be allowed to play but he will be back. Goodel is so inconsistant with his suspensions and fining that its really hard to tell. its just dog fighting. it aint right but it is what it is. yall might not like it but its life.

But whats gonna happen is a lot of dog lovers are gonna complain, write letters, protest and all that BS. Listen i like dogs but im not gonna call for vicks head.

either you can bitch, be about it or go on with our every day lives.

You mean Leonard Little of the Rams... Yes, that was screwed up. He, just like Vick, should have faced severe consequences. The way that the law and the league dealt with Little was a shame. Thankfully everyone involved did the right thing in convicting Vick. Luckily it is a sign that NFL players can and will be held accountable for their ridiculous actions in the future.

You mean Leonard Little of the Rams... Yes, that was screwed up. He, just like Vick, should have faced severe consequences. The way that the law and the league dealt with Little was a shame. Thankfully everyone involved did the right thing in convicting Vick. Luckily it is a sign that NFL players can and will be held accountable for their ridiculous actions in the future.

thats what this is about? you wanted vick to be punished harder? i know your hoping and praying that the state charges get him.

listen, its obvious that me and you have different views(you want fvick to get a harder punishment, i think he has been punished enough). but its not up to us. its up to what goodell thnx. i hope you wont be one of the folks protesting and writing letters.

a manager/owner will pick up his balls and say "phuck peta, i want vick".

but who has the balls to do it? the story continues

Edited by hoodstar

Some people need to get over the dogfighting thing. I mean it's really starting to get annoying. I know it was wrong, but it's like people don't think Vick should have his life anymore because of it. He's done two years and basically lost his status and reputation, not to mention a hell of a lot of money, and his career may also be over. Now if thats not a good punishment for dogfighting i dont know what is. He's lost everything except for his life, and his ability to gain redemption, give the dude a break.

Some people need to get over the dogfighting thing. I mean it's really starting to get annoying. I know it was wrong, but it's like people don't think Vick should have his life anymore because of it. He's done two years and basically lost his status and reputation, not to mention a hell of a lot of money, and his career may also be over. Now if thats not a good punishment for dogfighting i dont know what is. He's lost everything except for his life, and his ability to gain redemption, give the dude a break.

You're absolutly right. He will have served his debt to society and deserves a second chance. Still doesn't change the fact that Mike Vick is a POS. You can call me racists all you want but Vick used to be my favorite Falcon and it wasn't even close. Too bad for him the Falcons > Mike Vick.

Forget the position he put my favorite team in, Forget the fact it's "just dogfighting." It takes one seriously f'd up individual to put your hands around a dog and hold it under water until it stops breathing. That is about an 1/8 of a step away from being able to torture a human. So you keep on thinking all he did was "just kill some dogs" the rest of us realize what a complete POS he truly is.

You're absolutly right. He will have served his debt to society and deserves a second chance. Still doesn't change the fact that Mike Vick is a POS. You can call me racists all you want but Vick used to be my favorite Falcon and it wasn't even close. Too bad for him the Falcons > Mike Vick.

Forget the position he put my favorite team in, Forget the fact it's "just dogfighting." It takes one seriously f'd up individual to put your hands around a dog and hold it under water until it stops breathing. That is about an 1/8 of a step away from being able to torture a human. So you keep on thinking all he did was "just kill some dogs" the rest of us realize what a complete POS he truly is.

nobody is gonna call you racist or whatever because what you believe is your opinion. Your just another person that is gonna hate vick until he or you die. im on other message boards so im use to the vick bashers/dog lovers. Listen all i am saying is that vick deserves a 2nd chance. you can hate him, make picket signs, make youtube videos saying how vick should have been given 30 years in prison and do everything you and the complainers do(and that they probably gonna do). I am against dog fighting, i am against everything vick did to them dogs. but i look at thing beyond just the he did this and that. he is not a repeat offender even though dog fighting is a big offense(to some, which means most). so he SHOULD be allowed to make a comeback to the nfl.

No matter what goodell does he is gonna have lots of people hate him no matter what decision he makes.

Edited by hoodstar

nobody is gonna call you racist or whatever because what you believe is your opinion. Your just another person that is gonna hate vick until he or you die. im on other message boards so im use to the vick bashers/dog lovers. Listen all i am saying is that vick deserves a 2nd chance. you can hate him, make picket signs, make youtube videos saying how vick should have been given 30 years in prison and do everything you and the complainers do(and that they probably gonna do). I am against dog fighting, i am against everything vick did to them dogs. but i look at thing beyond just the he did this and that. he is not a repeat offender even though dog fighting is a big offense(to some, which means most). so he SHOULD be allowed to make a comeback to the nfl.

No matter what goodell does he is gonna have lots of people hate him no matter what decision he makes.

I agree, according to the laws of our land, he deserves another chance. While I don't agree with dogfighting, that's not even the real issue. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I judge others based on it. Just like with hunting, I don't agree with it, but I know a lot of decent people who do it. I understand it's a culture thing (both hunting and dog-fighting). However, if those hunters had the mental disability to be able to walk up to a deer and choke it to death or hold it under water till it died, then I would think they were extremely disturbed as well.

While Vick deserves a 2nd chance in society, it's extremely naive to think that someone's mental make-up can ever change that drastically, much less in after serving less than a year locked in a Hilton prison. Every single thing M. Vick has agreed to thus far is simply to benifit M. Vick's broke *ss. He'll have a long, long road to haul to make a believer out of me.

I agree, according to the laws of our land, he deserves another chance. While I don't agree with dogfighting, that's not even the real issue. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I judge others based on it. Just like with hunting, I don't agree with it, but I know a lot of decent people who do it. I understand it's a culture thing (both hunting and dog-fighting). However, if those hunters had the mental disability to be able to walk up to a deer and choke it to death or hold it under water till it died, then I would think they were extremely disturbed as well.

There's also the VAST difference between hunting (for the most part) and what Vick did and that is that most hunters actually eat what they kill and most that I know also try for the quickest/cleanest kill so that the animal doesn't suffer.

I despise dog fighting, but it's the inhumane way in which they were killed by people that really got to me in this case.

• Moderators

The sad part is that there is not a ton of difference between the way Vick treated his animals and what some industrial meat producers do. Everyone has heard some about the way animals are abused in that process but it isn't something that I think about very much. If I visited a farm where it was happening, though, it couldn't fail to make an impression.

For Vick himself, he has no one but himself to blame and should pay his price. When the legal system is done with him, he should be able to return to the NFL with some qualifiers in place (given the other items he was involved with, including lying directly to Arthur Blank). I am sure some team will happily take a shot with him given how bad some of the rosters are around the league. Teams like Minnesota would be much more dangerous with Vick on the roster.

There's also the VAST difference between hunting (for the most part) and what Vick did and that is that most hunters actually eat what they kill and most that I know also try for the quickest/cleanest kill so that the animal doesn't suffer.

I despise dog fighting, but it's the inhumane way in which they were killed by people that really got to me in this case.

Sure they go for the "quick" kill but it has more to do with their own self satisfaction that they made a good shot more-so than for the animals sake. There's a reason most have "tracking" dogs. 75% of the time there is no quick kill and a dog has to track the animal several miles away until the animal eventually bleeds to death. Nothing humane about it.

Sure they go for the "quick" kill but it has more to do with their own self satisfaction that they made a good shot more-so than for the animals sake. There's a reason most have "tracking" dogs. 75% of the time there is no quick kill and a dog has to track the animal several miles away until the animal eventually bleeds to death. Nothing humane about it.

I suppose that it depends on what you hunt. My family and friends mainly hunt deer and we don't take dogs with us to track the deer down. It's about killing the deer with 1 shot so that it doesn't suffer and so that we don't have to track it down while it bleeds to death because that's awful.