• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the additions...

Swish

Who do we lose?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both play roles. We have a 15 man roster and I like both these guys more then Hunter and Gardner so honestly there is no reason to cut either of these guys.

There is a reason why Hunter and Gardner outplayed both Mario and Richardson on Summer league. I say cut both of them, they don´t deserve a spot on the current roster. Now let´s try to add someone to help on the post.

• Premium Member

Jeremy was injured during the summer league.

I expect that all three guys (Richardson, West, and Gardner) will be coming to camp, and they'll be a battle for that coveted 5th wing spot. I expect Gardner to win because he's already got a partially guaranteed deal.

West's only real asset was replaced by Evans. I think he's done.

• Premium Member
Both play roles. We have a 15 man roster and I like both these guys more then Hunter and Gardner so honestly there is no reason to cut either of these guys.

Really! Both Gardner and Hunter played light years better than West and Richardson in the summer league! Gardner looks like he may become the reliable 3 point threat Salim never was in a 6'5" frame. Hunter has more skill than both combined!

Ok, I did some figuring. I took a look at who the Hawks have signed (alot of bit players) and tried to come up with how I felt the roster had to shake out when trying to answer this poll question...here is what I think it'll look like.

G Mike Bibby

G Speedy Claxton (assuming he's healthy)

G Acie Law

G Ronald Murray

G/F Joe Johnson

F Josh Smith

F Marvin Williams

F Solomon Jones

F Maurice Evans

F/C Al Horford

F/C Randolph Morris

C Zaza Pachulia

Lined up like this:

PG Bibby / Law / Claxton

SG Johnson / Murray

SF M Williams / Evans

PF JSmith / Morris / Jones

C Horford / Pachulia

With no roster spot for

Thomas Gardner

Othello Hunter

Jeremy Richardson

Salim Stoudamire (FA)

Mario West (FA)

So it looks like both are left out in the cold. I don't see anyone out of that 12 not making the roster if everyone is healthy out of camp.

Ok, I did some figuring. I took a look at who the Hawks have signed (alot of bit players) and tried to come up with how I felt the roster had to shake out when trying to answer this poll question...here is what I think it'll look like.

G Mike Bibby

G Acie Law

G Ronald Murray

G/F Joe Johnson

F Josh Smith

F Marvin Williams

F Solomon Jones

F Maurice Evans

F/C Al Horford

F/C Randolph Morris

C Zaza Pachulia

Lined up like this:

PG Bibby / Law / Claxton

SG Johnson / Murray

SF M Williams / Evans

C Horford / Pachulia

With no roster spot for

Thomas Gardner

Othello Hunter

Jeremy Richardson

Salim Stoudamire (FA)

Mario West (FA)

So it looks like both are left out in the cold. I don't see anyone out of that 12 not making the roster if everyone is healthy out of camp.

That's a pretty good list but since we can keep 15 players I can easily see Gardner, Hunter, and JRich being the final 3 or maybe West as the final guy. I think that Salim is done here and West probably is as well, but with the way he was shooting the 3 a little bit in the summer league he might have a shot since he is such a good defender and energy guy.

Also, don't forget about Luke Jackson. I wouldn't be shocked to see him make it.

• Premium Member
I say both. Mario hasn't ever shown me any reason why he deserves a roster spot, and while Richardson might actually deserve a spot (I have no idea), I don't think Woody will ever play him, so what's the point?

Point well made. They are both NDBA players. Throw Solo in that mix too

G Mike Bibby

G Acie Law

G Ronald Murray

G/F Joe Johnson

F Josh Smith

F Marvin Williams

F Solomon Jones

F Maurice Evans

F/C Al Horford

F/C Randolph Morris

C Zaza Pachulia

Lined up like this:

PG Bibby / Law / Claxton

SG Johnson / Murray

SF M Williams / Evans

C Horford / Pachulia

With no roster spot for

Thomas Gardner

Othello Hunter

Jeremy Richardson

Salim Stoudamire (FA)

Mario West (FA)

This list really shows how thin the Hawks are at Center and PF. Sund will make a move to get at least one more big if not two. The Hawks need a C/PF type to be able to come in and play starter minutes if one of Smith or Horford are injured for any length of time.

Yeah, sorry guys. I realize up to 15 roster but I was going with the 12 that can be active game day. And I pulled that list of players directly from www.nba.com/hawks so Luke Jackson isn't an option since he isn't roster labeled yet.

But the point about being thin at Center is exactly why I think at least one more body needs to be added.

Tid bit from another board:

i heard Solomon Jones put on 35lbs, got an 18ft jump shot and surprisingly grew 1 inch........

Don't know about the one inch. Anybody heard anything. If gain half that weight it would be a major thing.

Edited by DrReality