• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons cut Horn

Swish

What did Vick do wrong except fight dogs? You people value freaking dogs more than humans.

1) Giving herpes to a woman

2) His posse stealing a watch at the airport(Ron Mexico incident)

3) Saying fuuck you by giving the bird to his hometown fans

4) Ridiculous shady water bottle incident at airport

5) Dissing Congress when he was expected to address them

6) Failing to appear for endorsement deals he was being paid millions for

7) Lying to everybody about his legal issues until he had no choice but to confess

8) Being a pothead

9) Abusing animals and killing them by sickening means(don't tell me he didn't do it first hand, it doesn't matter, he let it happen knowingly)

10) Allowing people like you to enable him by continuing to stand by his side when a real fan or friend for that matter would have held him accountable for his actions a long time ago

Horn would be proud for his kids to be like this? Again, I pity his children IF he really feels that way.

7) Lying to everybody about his legal issues until he had no choice but to confess

8) Being a pothead

9) Abusing animals and killing them by sickening means(don't tell me he didn't do it first hand, it doesn't matter, he let it happen knowingly)

10) Allowing people like you to enable him by continuing to stand by his side when a real fan or friend for that matter would have held him accountable for his actions a long time ago

Horn would be proud for his kids to be like this? Again, I pity his children IF he really feels that way.

I feel sorry for zmajod or whatever his handle is. He clearly doesn't have any idea of what it takes to be a respectful, responsible member of society. Or he is just completely ignorant about the facts involving Mike Vick's bad judgement. But if that's the case, he really shouldn't be commenting on it.

• Premium Member
I feel sorry for zmajod or whatever his handle is. He clearly doesn't have any idea of what it takes to be a respectful, responsible member of society. Or he is just completely ignorant about the facts involving Mike Vick's bad judgement. But if that's the case, he really shouldn't be commenting on it.

It's over. He's suspended from the NFL. He's bankrupt. He's in prison. I'm pretty sure he's got the point by now. Let it go. The big, bad Vick can't hurt any of you anymore. Getting back to Horn, we hardly knew the guy. I don't really think of him as a "cancer" as he was a mentor of sorts to Roddy White during his breakout season. He didn't contribute much on the field, but at least he was good for something. He knew he was on his way out anyway so he asked for his release. That's all there was to it. Man, you guys are waaaaaaaay too negative in Hawk and Falconland. Lighten up.

It's over. He's suspended from the NFL. He's bankrupt. He's in prison. I'm pretty sure he's got the point by now. Let it go. The big, bad Vick can't hurt any of you anymore. Getting back to Horn, we hardly knew the guy. I don't really think of him as a "cancer" as he was a mentor of sorts to Roddy White during his breakout season. He didn't contribute much on the field, but at least he was good for something. He knew he was on his way out anyway so he asked for his release. That's all there was to it. Man, you guys are waaaaaaaay too negative in Hawk and Falconland. Lighten up.

I'd say he has paid the debt to society when he get out. Hopefully he'll be a better man now that he's not rich.

Edited by SignJoshOrGetOUT

Joe Horn was more of a burden to this team than anything else. He's done his job already (mentoring the young wide receivers - especially Roddy White. White says that most of his development is thanks to Joe Horn's mentoring, so it's not like Horn's stay in Atlanta was completely useless). Also keep in mind that at the time, we needed not only a mentor, but another receiver option for Vick to throw to. He was the best option we had at that time.

As for Vick... in a country where dogs' lives are held almost, if not, as high as human lives, it'd be stupid to get into dogfighting. Especially when you've killed dozens of dogs in the state of Virginia... which happens to be the same state that PETA holds their headquarters. It was very stupid on Vick's part to even get into that kind of activity.

Back to Horn . . . . . he was the antithesis of what we are doing under the new GM. And the minute he opened his mouth about wanting to be somewhere else, he was a cancer in our locker room. Given we have half of our roster new, the team identity is fragile and does not need his negative energy.

Creating a positive energy, which it seems Smith has done, may be one of the greatest assets to our young team.

I just can't figure out why they kept him this long. Horn had nothing left when McKay signed him, and Horn certainly didn't have anything this summer either.

I guess TD was trying to trade him and get something for litterally nothing.

I just can't figure out why they kept him this long. Horn had nothing left when McKay signed him, and Horn certainly didn't have anything this summer either.

I guess TD was trying to trade him and get something for litterally nothing.

Because we would of had to pay me $7.5 Million. Well... we still ended up doing so, but Dimitroff and Smith are two people who would of rather given players the chance that they deserved to show what they got. And it would of been nonsense to release Horn this offseason without giving him a chance because, not only the money we would be 'throwing away', we'd be letting go of an important mentor last year. But when it was clear that Horn did not want to play for Atlanta and hated it here, we just had to let him go and pay him his money. It's going to be worth it anyways.

Because we would of had to pay me $7.5 Million. Well... we still ended up doing so, but Dimitroff and Smith are two people who would of rather given players the chance that they deserved to show what they got. And it would of been nonsense to release Horn this offseason without giving him a chance because, not only the money we would be 'throwing away', we'd be letting go of an important mentor last year. But when it was clear that Horn did not want to play for Atlanta and hated it here, we just had to let him go and pay him his money. It's going to be worth it anyways.

To a point, but Horn was kept around for all of camp even though he mentioned in June that he didn't want to be with the Falcons. I just thought it strange that they kept him for so long. I go back to the idea that TD hoped that he could trade him.

What did Vick do wrong except fight dogs? You people value freaking dogs more than humans.

It's not about "fighting dogs"....if you had a couple dogs and let them fight and one got the best of the other and you broke em up and administered 1st aid for a bloody ear it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But when you breed dogs to fight to the death for your enjoyment and gambling - and breed many dogs to get the best - then torture the lesser ones to death because they aren't good enough - you suck.

8) Being a pothead

well i'm sure if you point out all the NEGATIVE attributes of any person, no one is acceptable for your kids to be like. had you mentioned that Vick was a high school sports star and graduate, 1st pick of the NFL, successful (while it lasted) small business owner and SUPER entreprenuer... would that be so bad?

and we, as human beings, wonder why their is such "BS" and negativity being feed to us daily on the news channels... look in the mirror

well i'm sure if you point out all the NEGATIVE attributes of any person, no one is acceptable for your kids to be like. had you mentioned that Vick was a high school sports star and graduate, 1st pick of the NFL, successful (while it lasted) small business owner and SUPER entreprenuer... would that be so bad?

and we, as human beings, wonder why their is such "BS" and negativity being feed to us daily on the news channels... look in the mirror

That is just stupid. I'm sure MV has many, many more negative attributes. Let's see your attributes:

1. High school star - Who cares? What was he doing for the community then? Keep in mind there are thousands of high school kids that do tangible, positive services for their communities.

2. Successful business owner? Are you serious? Sadly, I think you are. MV has a mountain of debt. Are you seriously trying to say that he had a successful dog kennel? You are, right?

3. Super entreprenuer? How exactly? Especially considering he is in foreclosure on many things and has no ability to pay his own bills.

I think you need to look in the mirror.

Actually ,we knew Horn pretty well. He's a first class jerk. He was most definitely a cancer. Just look at how he "mentored" Roddy White last year. The "free mike vick" shirt under his pads was beyond stupid. Joe Horn should know better. He should also come to camp.

We are not waaaay to negative. Where do you live anyway, Jersey or something? The Falcons have never had two winning seasons in a row. Chew on that positivity pal. And the Hawks, well the ASG owns them, so...

It is a dead issue, but when some moron says "Vick didn't do anything bad except fight dogs" it has to be addressed. And again, if he didn't know the facts, he shouldn't be talking about them. Same goes for Joe Horn. I guess you are not a Falcon "fan" though, so it doesn't really matter.