• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin picked 3rd for Most Improved

TruJerz

I'm not sure about "great," but his hands are certainly not a weakness.

His handle could use some work, but his hands are fine.

LoL your right about the hands!!!!!

Let me speak my peace before Diesel comes in. I agree with the article, and I think Marvin will do his thing this year. I guess it depends on Woodson though. He has to get Marvin some plays, and Marvin must take more shots. Hopefully he will turn into a three point monster. I don't care what anyones says, if he can get to the hole without loosing the ball he's very dangerous, and he will dunk on anyone. I wish JJ would start dunking on people when he goes to the hole. I recorded the speciall on JJ. JJ was a known dunker in high school and college. However, in the playoffs I have to admit I saw and old spark in JJ. Matter of fact, today I'm going to watch the three playoff games that were played in phillips.

Peace

chris duhon of the ny knicks is my pick for the most improved player of the year. I think if the knicks have him as their starting point guard this season that he will flourish under the new team and coach. Harris is my 2nd choice for obvious reasons. and even tho i am a Marvin fan, I dont think he will be one of the NBAs most improved players because his those picks are based on numbers and his numbers are already decent. plus Evans will probably split time with him. and with JJ, Bibby and JSmooth on your team, it doesnt help either. He should improve but not enough to be Most Improved in the league i dont think...hope im wrong tho

When you SUCK as bad as Marvin does there will always be a lot of room for improvement. So he does have as much space as anyone to improve.

Marving with Great Hands? Spoken by somebody who only watches Marvin highlights and doesn't watch him game to game.

Actually when I think about it his hands are "Great" considering what an uncoordinated boob they are attached to.

Hawk88

When you SUCK as bad as Marvin does there will always be a lot of room for improvement. So he does have as much space as anyone to improve.

Marving with Great Hands? Spoken by somebody who only watches Marvin highlights and doesn't watch him game to game.

Actually when I think about it his hands are "Great" considering what an uncoordinated boob they are attached to.

Hawk88

Was this sarcasm?

I am not sure what you guys were expecting from Marvin but IMO his development is right on track. If it were not for Paul/Williams, he would be considered a pretty good pick. :no-no:

I expect him to be at 17-18 ppg, 6rpg, 2 assists this season with a PER around 17.0.

Was this sarcasm?

I am not sure what you guys were expecting from Marvin but IMO his development is right on track. If it were not for Paul/Williams, he would be considered a pretty good pick. :no-no:

I expect him to be at 17-18 ppg, 6rpg, 2 assists this season with a PER around 17.0.

They hate on Marvin because nothing he could do outside of becoming a superstar will make them happy. Marvin will probably get the 3rd or 4th most shots on the team this year and he'll probably get about 17-18 ppg as you said and that still won't be acceptable. I wonder how many guys there are in the league that get the 3rd-4th most shots on the team and still score that many points?

It's fun to make fun of Marvin and clown on him like he's a child when he admits to playing video games but the minute he goes and does some adult things like playing blackjack in vegas they make fun of him for that too.

They hate on Marvin because nothing he could do outside of becoming a superstar will make them happy. Marvin will probably get the 3rd or 4th most shots on the team this year and he'll probably get about 17-18 ppg as you said and that still won't be acceptable. I wonder how many guys there are in the league that get the 3rd-4th most shots on the team and still score that many points?

It's fun to make fun of Marvin and clown on him like he's a child when he admits to playing video games but the minute he goes and does some adult things like playing blackjack in vegas they make fun of him for that too.

I've been hard on Marvin at the same time, you are blind if you have not seen improvement. I just bothers me when I see him loose focus on the court...see him shrink (not play big in big moments), just has not exhibited basic instincts. If you are not fundamentally sound, you better have serious savvy on the court. He lacks in both areas. He can benefit spending some time on the blacktop. Learn how ballers ball. He seems he needs to find his game opposed to strengthen his game.

I've been hard on Marvin at the same time, you are blind if you have not seen improvement. I just bothers me when I see him loose focus on the court...see him shrink (not play big in big moments), just has not exhibited basic instincts. If you are not fundamentally sound, you better have serious savvy on the court. He lacks in both areas. He can benefit spending some time on the blacktop. Learn how ballers ball. He seems he needs to find his game opposed to strengthen his game.

I think he knows exactly what his game is. It's just that our fan base wants him to do more than he's doing right now. Marvin's game is the midrange jumper, while also slashing to the hole. A lot of players in this league are either/or. They either have the jumper, without the ability to get to the rim . . or they can get to the rim, but don't have a jumper. Marvin can do both. He just doesn't have 3 point range on his shot yet. He may not ever have it.

So because of that, he needs to strengthen the 2 elements of his game that he's decent at . . . the midrange shot, and slashing to the hole. He got his shot blocked a lot going to the hole last year. But he also finished at a much higher rate around the rim ( 58% FG . . . in comparison, Smith converted at a 62% rate and Horford 61% ). He was also our #2 guy in getting to the FT line, led this team in FT makes, and shot 82% FT.

He knows what his game is. We just need him to get more efficient at what he does best. If his defense and rebounding improves, that'll make him an even more efficient player.

• Premium Member

Let's see, why do they hate on Marvin. Part of what dol says is true. It's because he is fantastically mediocre and this despite the fact that he has been given every opportunity to be a superstar. It's not just that he's fantastically mediocre, it's that he looks very content being fantastically mediocre. Not only is he content being fantastically mediocre but he even makes excuses for himself. I have heard where Marvin said "well, I'm only 21!" In all truth, Marvin lacks what it takes to be a superstar, yet he gets Barrack Obama treatment by the coaching staff.

So now the prediction is that Marvin will be more improved? My question is by what criteria. When Dolfan got a chance to put a line of success up for Marvin, he put the very same stats that Marvin put up last year as his line. Is that really what Hawks fans want? More of the same? This is an election year. As a Hawk fan, I'm pushing for change. It's time to change these limp, feeble expectation of Marvin and let's hold him accountable for the time he plays on the court. Now, here's what I expect... A stream of excuses from guys who don't even watch how Marvin plays and who only defend Marvin because we drafted him.

If Marvin were on another team, nobody would be saying "wow, we ought to trade for that guy."

Edited by Diesel

• Premium Member
I think he knows exactly what his game is. It's just that our fan base wants him to do more than he's doing right now. Marvin's game is the midrange jumper, while also slashing to the hole. A lot of players in this league are either/or. They either have the jumper, without the ability to get to the rim . . or they can get to the rim, but don't have a jumper. Marvin can do both. He just doesn't have 3 point range on his shot yet. He may not ever have it.

So because of that, he needs to strengthen the 2 elements of his game that he's decent at . . . the midrange shot, and slashing to the hole. He got his shot blocked a lot going to the hole last year. But he also finished at a much higher rate around the rim ( 58% FG . . . in comparison, Smith converted at a 62% rate and Horford 61% ). He was also our #2 guy in getting to the FT line, led this team in FT makes, and shot 82% FT.

He knows what his game is. We just need him to get more efficient at what he does best. If his defense and rebounding improves, that'll make him an even more efficient player.

North, there are some mistruths in your statements.

First...

"Marvin's game is the midrange jumper, while also slashing to the hole. A lot of players in this league are either/or. They either have the jumper, without the ability to get to the rim . . or they can get to the rim, but don't have a jumper. "

I would like you to name 3 of each. The day of Big Dog and Sund has passed. Guys today can certainly do both. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find guys who play Sf that can't. The only one who comes to mind is Bowen.

The other thing is that I don't think that we can count on him being a fixture at the FT line. It's not that Marvin has a move or something like that. Marvin gets bumped a lot because of his awkwardness. Welp, the refs have not changed. They have started to take note that in a lot of cases, Marvin doesn't deserved to go to the line for running over somebody. Just check his FTs down the stretch.

Let's see, why do they hate on Marvin. Part of what dol says is true. It's because he is fantastically mediocre and this despite the fact that he has been given every opportunity to be a superstar. It's not just that he's fantastically mediocre, it's that he looks very content being fantastically mediocre. Not only is he content being fantastically mediocre but he even makes excuses for himself. I have heard where Marvin said "well, I'm only 21!" In all truth, Marvin lacks what it takes to be a superstar, yet he gets Barrack Obama treatment by the coaching staff.

So now the prediction is that Marvin will be more improved? My question is by what criteria. When Dolfan got a chance to put a line of success up for Marvin, he put the very same stats that Marvin put up last year as his line. Is that really what Hawks fans want? More of the same? This is an election year. As a Hawk fan, I'm pushing for change. It's time to change these limp, feeble expectation of Marvin and let's hold him accountable for the time he plays on the court. Now, here's what I expect... A stream of excuses from guys who don't even watch how Marvin plays and who only defend Marvin because we drafted him.

Umm, NO! Dolfan put up Josh Smith's stats because I knew that would prove that you have a double standard and are blindly hating on Marvin and it was proven. The facts are that Marvin had to decrease in a couple of areas (mainly shootings %'s) in order to match Josh Smith's stat lines for this year, which you were all too thrilled with for Josh Smith. You are the grand puba of the blindly hating Marvin fan club.

Also, where do you get that Marvin is content with his current production? Especially considering that everything we have heard from him indicates that he is working on the weaker parts of his game.