• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A random stat

pimp

link

The number of dunks each player had, and their rank in the nba.Dwight Howard was #1 with 267 dunks.

14. Josh Smith 106

34 Maurice Evans 73

39. Marvin Williams 71

41. Al Horford 68

178. Joe Johnson 12

191. Zaza Pachulia 10

223. Ronald Murray 7

232. Mario West 6

257. Solomon Jones 4

302. Acie Law 2

338. Randolph Morris 1

32. Josh Childress 77

Smith should be dunking way more often. He actually scored more ppg on dunks as a rookie (3.1) then last season (2.7) with far fewer touches. Too often he goes up soft or looks to pass when he should be going up with bad intentions.

he finishes dunks at such a high percent, gets and1s, and ignites/quiets the crowd but it seems like he doesn't want to take them.

Part of that is him being an idiot and trying to prove he's "more than a dunker" and part of that is our offensive strategy not getting him the ball in space or in motion.

Suprised to see Mo with so many and Joe with so few. I would have thought he would have had around 30 or so. But I guess he usually lays it up rather then dunk it.

Even if it just looks like he's gonna dunk , most guys will get out of the way...

I don't know why he attempts those akward layups ,when he could just dunk.

Everytime he does that, i think to myself " Iggy or Lebron would have dunked that!"

link

The number of dunks each player had, and their rank in the nba.Dwight Howard was #1 with 267 dunks.

14. Josh Smith 106

34 Maurice Evans 73

39. Marvin Williams 71

41. Al Horford 68

178. Joe Johnson 12

191. Zaza Pachulia 10

223. Ronald Murray 7

232. Mario West 6

257. Solomon Jones 4

302. Acie Law 2

338. Randolph Morris 1

32. Josh Childress 77

Interesting..i cant even recall JJ dunking that much lol I think Josh Smith will be top 10 next year in dunks. not that it matters that much but he can do it. And all Dwight Howard can do on offense is dunk so no one will take his crown lol

it's always been in the scouting report that zaza plays "below the rim" he doesn't have the jumping speed to get that ball up over the rim before someone tries to swipe it. that said though, he is good at putbacks. he can shoot the ball faster than he can dunk it.

i think that marvin and horford are going to have plenty more dunks this season. joe might have the same though.

• Moderators

Is there any truth to the tale that Smoove has relatively small hands for a cat his size? I recall that being mentioned in the past as part of the reason he has some of the most spectacular MISSED dunks ever seen, in that he has to grip the ball a certain way when he's in motion to get the ball up-and-in.

~lw3

Is there any truth to the tale that Smoove has relatively small hands for a cat his size? I recall that being mentioned in the past as part of the reason he has some of the most spectacular MISSED dunks ever seen, in that he has to grip the ball a certain way when he's in motion to get the ball up-and-in.

~lw3

He can't consistently palm the ball but he doesn't have small hands for his size. Just doesn't have big ones - I think Ewing was another guy like that. It will limit Smith's development as an elite offensive player, guys like Tim Duncan and Webber have massive paws, but he isn't a Kwame-esque clutz who can't catch the ball.

As far as missed dunks, Josh finishes a little over 97% of his dunks which is a few percent better than Al and 7-8% better than Marv and Chil. Technically, there are very few players in the game less likely to miss a dunk.

... sooooooooo, he really needs to dunk more because few players are better at it.