• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Piston Trade Could Help Hawks

phoostal

ESPN is reporting that the Nuggets will buy out McDyess's contract making him a free agent. The Hawks should make a strong effort to sign him to a deal. This would be a tremendous signing for the Hawks.

It makes our bench stronger along with the front court depth.

Anyone's thoughts?

P

• Moderators
ESPN is reporting that the Nuggets will buy out McDyess's contract making him a free agent. The Hawks should make a strong effort to sign him to a deal. This would be a tremendous signing for the Hawks.

Anyone's thoughts?

P

Sign me up.

Anyone's thoughts?

P

He will go back to the Pistons.

• Admin

Anyone's thoughts?

P

He wants to play for a contender for the championship. I would love to have him but he is not going to come here.

Was he on the championship team when Woody was coaching? It seems like he was but I can't remember for sure. Those Detroit players from that team seem to have a lot of love for Woody so maybe Dice would consider signing with us. He could be the player that we need to put us in serious contention in the east too.

I also think that this is a situation that the NBA needs to deal with since it seems unfair that a team can include a player only to "know" that he'll be bought out and will simply re-sign with them. There should be a penalty for the team that buys a player out or maybe the player shouldn't be allowed to play for the remainder of the year if he's bought out or something along those lines.

• Premium Member

Anyone's thoughts?

P

Signing McDyess would be an excellent acquisition. However, I would think that the see saw would be between McDyess minutes and Marvin Minutes.

Was he on the championship team when Woody was coaching?

McDyess first season with the Pistons was 04-05, which was the season following their championship.

There are few contenders that I can think of that would want a back up pf. Maybe the celtics, the pistons themselves, and cleveland, as insurance.

I dont think he would come here. He wouldnt start here and he would fight ZazA for minutes. He will want to go where he will get playing time and maybe start for a contender.

ESPN reported this morning that Rex Chapman (I think he is the Nuggetts new GM or atleast the VP) was quoted as saying McDeysse will play for the Nuggetts.

Maybe his emotions have calmed down and he remembers all the friends he made in Denver in his early NBA years. I would assume the fans would treat him well.

I also think that this is a situation that the NBA needs to deal with since it seems unfair that a team can include a player only to "know" that he'll be bought out and will simply re-sign with them. There should be a penalty for the team that buys a player out or maybe the player shouldn't be allowed to play for the remainder of the year if he's bought out or something along those lines.

If McDyess' contract is bought out he would be free to sign with any team except the Pistons. The so-called "Gary Payton Rule" prohibits a player from re-signing with their original team for 30 days. Maybe it should be more than 30 days, but there is a rule to penalize some of this type of movement.