• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS @ THUNDER, WE ARE BACK ON THE ROAD

tonegully

Im really starting to get cocky. As a contender this is a game we are supposed to win and need to win. Championship teams beat who they are supposed to beat. Even with Smoove out we should still win. The Thunder have been getting dominated in every part of the game. A loss right here we suck big time.

Hopefully Marvin will continue to attack the basket and the bench will continue to be one of the deepest in the league this year...GO HAWKS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really starting to get cocky. As a contender this is a game we are supposed to win and need to win. Championship teams beat who they are supposed to beat. Even with Smoove out we should still win. The Thunder have been getting dominated in every part of the game. A loss right here we suck big time.

Hopefully Marvin will continue to attack the basket and the bench will continue to be one of the deepest in the league this year...GO HAWKS

Should be a good opportunity to get Solo & RandMo extended minutes again. I'm expecting Al to do some damage in this one as well.

This is an important game, because the Hawks have proven that they can get up to play the good teams.

Now the Hawks have to show that they can take out a team that isn't as good. We have to see if Woodson can get these guys to focus on the task at hand, instead of looking ahead. Then again, I really believe that with the way they've been playing on the road so far, that Woody's been trying to emphasize how important it is to come out strong for road games and not to have as many letdowns on the road as they did last year.

So yeah, the record might not indicated, but as far as trying to see exactly where this Hawks team is (are they a GOOD team or just a HOT team), this game is very important.

They SHOULD win...but idk, the artists formerly known as the Sonics have given the Hawks problems before.

Boston and Chicago will be tough games. Both possibly L's. Should beat Oak City.....But they did beat the Hawks last year... Well, the Seattle Sonics did.

i still remember that game, the way durant beated us. yea it was a great shot but, ugggh! i still remember! revenge! i want revenge!!!

• Premium Member
They SHOULD win...but idk, the artists formerly known as the Sonics have given the Hawks problems before.

There must be so type of incentive to introduce doubt in every positive post on this message board. I swear that the word hopefully has been use over 500 times over the last 2 weeks. Hopefully they can keep winning. Hopefully they can beat OKC. If you think that heat check is getting old, then to me hopefully is definitely getting older.

It's kind of a precautionary thing.

I mean, it's good to have the 4-0 start and all...but it's still the Hawks. Recent history dictates that things are about to go off the rails very soon. I'm sure there are a lot of people that want to get real excited for this team, but don't want to have the let down if the team comes out flat against, of all teams, the Thunder. :P

But it probably won't happen. We've finally reached the productive part of the rebuilding plan, and this team looks pretty damn good. I definitely expect a win Sunday night.

• Premium Member

I mean, it's good to have the 4-0 start and all...but it's still the Hawks. Recent history dictates that things are about to go off the rails very soon. I'm sure there are a lot of people that want to get real excited for this team, but don't want to have the let down if the team comes out flat against, of all teams, the Thunder. :P

But it probably won't happen. We've finally reached the productive part of the rebuilding plan, and this team looks pretty damn good. I definitely expect a win Sunday night.

The team is providing everything we asked for in the past. Better post defense, moving the ball on offense, Improved outside shooting, stronger bench, better defensive rebounding, better substitution patterns but yet some think that somehow things will revert back to Iso Joe. Oh well, keep on running scared. I know that I'm not because things look totally different this year !

• Premium Member
This game should be easier, but I won't let my guard down.

Listen, the minute they stop defending and moving the ball, I'll be the 1st to criticize. And if it continues for several game, even i will start to doubt them. But since it hasn't happened yet, there is no reason to assume that it will in the future.

While I certainly don't want any of our players out, least of all Josh. At least offensively, he's the one that easiest to work without. We don't really run any plays for him except the occasional post-up (and we all know that we can do without the long 2's and 3's for the next couple of weeks.)

But I do wish him a speedy recovery because we will miss him on the defensive end. The work he did on Lewis, West, and Dalembert was amazing!

I fall into the same boat. It's games like these that make me nervous the most. I've been a Hawks fan for well over a decade so in the back of my head I'm patiently waiting for the stumbling block, reality check or regression. It just feels like it's part of the natural order of things as a Hawks fan.

That said, I think I have seen enough this year to say we are clearly the better basketball team and should win this game.

This is an important game, because the Hawks have proven that they can get up to play the good teams.

Now the Hawks have to show that they can take out a team that isn't as good. We have to see if Woodson can get these guys to focus on the task at hand, instead of looking ahead. Then again, I really believe that with the way they've been playing on the road so far, that Woody's been trying to emphasize how important it is to come out strong for road games and not to have as many letdowns on the road as they did last year.

So yeah, the record might not indicated, but as far as trying to see exactly where this Hawks team is (are they a GOOD team or just a HOT team), this game is very important.

I agree 100%

Let's hope Damien Wilkins doesn't go off on us again. And Im not cocky going into any game without Smoove and with a team that has to prove it can beat a team it's supposed to beat

we need to dominate the Thunder without Smoove. No excuses we want to be taken seriously, then we need to beat the losers.

Now against Boston im worried..lol