• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is one loss I won't be complaining about.

mrhonline

JJ made every play he had to for us to win the game. He didn't play great overall, but he was as clutch as he's ever been.

We did everything at the end to win, we just didn't. Simple as that, we forced PP to a tough shot with a 6'11 guy covering him, but s... happens.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Only thing I have to complain about is the refs calling a foul on the Hawks every 15 seconds it seems.

Now that's something I think we all can agree on. Yet we still came within .5 seconds of 7-0. We are going to destroy these guys at home.... on national television. I'm going to love EVERY minute of that too.

If anything this should give our guys even more confidence. Knowing they had all that against them and they only lost on a buzzer beater. Knowing that if they have to play IN Boston in the playoffs again that htey can play with them instead of getting smoked by 20 every game.

• Premium Member
Although he made a few plays... He again showed why he is not at a superstar level. Yet, another subpar shooting performance. They're starting to pile up.

He made BOTH of the plays that had us leading with 7 seconds to go. That crazy shot against two defenders and the assist to Marv that put us up. Say what you will Hots, but that's pretty clutch for a guy having a tough shooting night.

• Premium Member
Could have been a win had he made a few more shots.

Could have been a win had the Celts not goten so many calls. Could have been a win had Horford not gotten in to early foul trouble. Could have been a win had Zaza not strained his shoulder. Could have been a win had...... the list goes on and on. Hots, at least admit that we are the better team. We would have lost by 30 this time last season. We played them to the wire without key players in the game, on the road. We are going to destroy these guys at Phillips.

If possible I would have doubled Pierce and left Rondo wide open and make him hit the last shot. It seemed like Al gave Pierce a little too much space with the little time that was left. Its all just useless second guessing though. We played them tough and it could have gone either way. Just didnt work our way tonight.

I knew after Marv hit that last 3 there was still too much time left. I assumed one of their big 3 would get to the line.

With .5 secs left on the clock why are we inbounding it 30 feet from the hoop? Not the reason we lost but throw it near the hoop if nobody is open...ya never know what might happen.

If possible I would have doubled Pierce and left Rondo wide open and make him hit the last shot. It seemed like Al gave Pierce a little too much space with the little time that was left. Its all just useless second guessing though. We played them tough and it could have gone either way. Just didnt work our way tonight.

With the line-up that the respective teams had on the floor, I just don't know if you can double.

We seriously were playing four guards the entire fourth quarter, it was a little bit crazy. Just didn't have any bigs left we have confidence in, I suppose. The point is, you can't give Rondo the dribble penetration because he's too quick. And the only man on the floor who had any chance of guarding KG is Horford, so if he helps off of him, you're toast.

That four-guard look really hurt us when they had Perkins and KG in there. The Hawks almost always switch on a screen, so the C's had to run just one screen to get Mo Evans matched up with Perkins while JJ was guarding KG. All Joe could do was foul Garnett and hope he'd miss a FT.

On that last possession, I personally wanted an immediate foul on Rondo. Just sub in Mario have him give one away. He'd gone 1-4 on free throws, has never been a good FT shooter, and even if he'd made them, the Hawks would have had the ball back with more than 0.5 seconds. Then you can sub out West to get your offensive team on the floor, and if he misses the second one, you have the option of trying to get a fast break basket or using the last time out.

I'll co-sign that this was not a bad loss in any shape or form.

To realize that if JJ had just waited about another second before starting that final drive and kick to MW, we would probably had won that game. Seriously, just wait another second. Nonetheless, the Hawks did all the could and almost won a game they really had no business winning.

If Smith plays, that game is a 10 point Hawk win. Ah-MAZ-zing.

With the line-up that the respective teams had on the floor, I just don't know if you can double.

We seriously were playing four guards the entire fourth quarter, it was a little bit crazy. Just didn't have any bigs left we have confidence in, I suppose. The point is, you can't give Rondo the dribble penetration because he's too quick. And the only man on the floor who had any chance of guarding KG is Horford, so if he helps off of him, you're toast.

That four-guard look really hurt us when they had Perkins and KG in there. The Hawks almost always switch on a screen, so the C's had to run just one screen to get Mo Evans matched up with Perkins while JJ was guarding KG. All Joe could do was foul Garnett and hope he'd miss a FT.

On that last possession, I personally wanted an immediate foul on Rondo. Just sub in Mario have him give one away. He'd gone 1-4 on free throws, has never been a good FT shooter, and even if he'd made them, the Hawks would have had the ball back with more than 0.5 seconds. Then you can sub out West to get your offensive team on the floor, and if he misses the second one, you have the option of trying to get a fast break basket or using the last time out.

I dont think there was a chance of fouling Rondo with the ball because Boston wasnt about to give it to him. Maybe double Pierce off Rondo to force them to give him the ball and if Rondo takes a jumper then let him. If somehow he has time to get all the way to the basket then foul him before he gets the shot off.

Im not complaining because its easy from the living room to say what could have been done. In truth Pierce made a tough fall away from close to 3 point range. I can live with giving up that shot. Im sure Al was on his heals thinking Pierce would drive.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member
Couldn't you have immediately just hacked Perkins or Rondo? That would have sent them to the line for a foul away from the play.

If they make them, you've got about 5 seconds instead of .5 seconds. Chances are they probably would have missed at least 1 giving you at least overtime.

But our defense was actually pretty good last night. Pierce just made a bigtime play with the game on the line. I can see why Woody trusted our D to seal the game. We stopped them several times even when they got the ball into the hands of the big three, but their free throws(thanks refs!) kinda offset our defensive efforts. Al stayed with Pierce and got a hand in his face. That's all you could ask of him. Pierce just made the shot.

Agreed that the refs were out to get us tonight. We had 33 personal fouls to their 23. Pierce shot 16 FTs. Joe didn't get any calls hardly, going to the line only 9 times. Our 3 point shooting was the biggest reason we hung around in this game I think. 59% on 3s as a team.