• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Flip Murray

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Why is it that the Hawks offense boggs down when one Mr. Ronald "Flip" Murray appears...Coincidence?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Why is it that the Hawks offense boggs down when one Mr. Ronald "Flip" Murray appears...Coincidence?

it's probably more the fact that a real PG is rarely on the court with him, so we depend on either JJ or him to break down the defense one on five. as long as he isn't playing point, the offense runs fine when he's out there

Ha ha you gotta love how Flip plays... he's so energetic and if the Hawks need some big shots to shorten the lead down if were down by 10+ he's our guy off the bench... He uses his quickness and moves to get inside and if that's not working.. BAM! J in your face... The guy is an awesome circus shooter... He's 2 half court shots coming off the bench this season.

it's probably more the fact that a real PG is rarely on the court with him, so we depend on either JJ or him to break down the defense one on five. as long as he isn't playing point, the offense runs fine when he's out there

um a PG IS usually on the court with him but Woody won't let him be the PG and run the offense.He always has flip the ball hog bring it up posing as a PG and flip's usually the only guy to touch the ball on the possession.

um a PG IS usually on the court with him but Woody won't let him be the PG and run the offense.He always has flip the ball hog bring it up posing as a PG and flip's usually the only guy to touch the ball on the possession.

for anyone who has seen flip before this season, you should know that this is what he does. he holds the ball. he's a pennyless man's allen iverson. flip also tends to start seasons off very well, then fall far of his pace. i think teams sort of figure him out as the season goes on. or since he plays like iverson the beating he takes eventually wears him down. acie will begin to get even more playing time as flip slows down.

• Moderators

I have complaints with Flip or more accurately the way Woody has used him in some games, but i don't think anyone on the team can get their shot off as quickly has he can. You take the good with the bad and I like him coming off the bench. He just needs some better shot selection, but in his defense a lot of our guys still don't move without the ball on offense.

I was called out during the preseason when I said he wouldn't keep this up. This is merely expected with Flip. I'm not ready to write him off yet because he'll have a good game every once in a while, but he doesn't need to play too many minutes unless he's playing well.

I have complaints with Flip or more accurately the way Woody has used him in some games, but i don't think anyone on the team can get their shot off as quickly has he can. You take the good with the bad and I like him coming off the bench. He just needs some better shot selection, but in his defense a lot of our guys still don't move without the ball on offense.

woodson is the reason guys don't move without the ball. It's all by design.

i like Flip. I think he doesnt need to handle the ball. Give it to acie. I like flip cause he attacks the basket. Shoots just a little too much for my taste but when he is on,he is on.

You must not have seen that Toronto game! 0-5 from the field 0 assist 2 turnovers

He didn't lose that game. If you're going to put that game on someone, put it on Woodson. We could have (and should have) won that game even with Flip being terrible, but a game like OKC we would have had no chance at winning if he didn't come in a save us. Woodson just needs to become a coach and control Flip when he's having one of those bad days.

actually, no... flip plays the point when he comes in buddy. he always subs for bibby who seem to be dog tired after 6 or 7 minutes. acie doesn't come in usually until mid to late 2 quarter. therefore, flip IS the point on the court with usually JJ, Mo and whoever else they rotate at PF and C. watch the next game and just see.

Now that Flip is done with his typical early season surge, he will have a hard time to mesh with Smoove, because, a playoff bound team can't have more than one out of control player in the court at the same time. Thus, I think, Flip will only get minutes when both JJ & Smoove sits. Those ball hogging minutes behind Bibby should come to an end immediately.

actually, no... flip plays the point when he comes in buddy. he always subs for bibby who seem to be dog tired after 6 or 7 minutes. acie doesn't come in usually until mid to late 2 quarter. therefore, flip IS the point on the court with usually JJ, Mo and whoever else they rotate at PF and C. watch the next game and just see.

um you're wrong. when flip came in for Bibby,Acie would come in for Joe a few minutes later at the end of the first and now Acie is the first off the bench again. maybe u need to watch the game

Edited by Cwell