• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This Team Should Be Much Better Than Our Record

AtLaS

Since starting 4-0 on the road this season, we are now 5-13 away from home since. Whoever made the thread about our assists on the road compared to home was ridiculous. We better get our act together because 14 of our next 19 games are on the road. We also haven't beaten a winning team in over 3 weeks.

This team has too much talent to be 26-18 right now. I'm not just looking at our "progressive improvement" from last year, we are just not playing nearly as well offensively as we could be. We have a very capable PG who is a DOMINANT P&R player, yet we don't run the play nearly enough. We have a star SG and all we do is constantly iso him.

Tonight was just unbearable to watch. Woodson has absolutely zero plays to get us an easy basket when we are struggling to score. We just kept going iso, or drive and kick to a 3pt shooter. At one point we were posting Zaza for a few straight possessions which is just never a good idea.

Surprisingly, in the 2nd half we ran the P&R twice, and Solo ended up with a dunk once, and Flip got a dunk the next time. Yet, we again stopped running it. I just can't stand to watch our offense run iso's constantly when we have plenty of offensive talent. It's terrible. We should DEFINITELY be better than 26-18 IMO.

Edited by AtLaS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since starting 4-0 on the road this season, we are now 5-13 away from home since. Whoever made the thread about our assists on the road compared to home was ridiculous. We better get our act together because 14 of our next 19 games are on the road. We also haven't beaten a winning team in over 3 weeks.

This team has too much talent to be 26-18 right now. I'm not just looking at our "progressive improvement" from last year, we are just not playing nearly as well offensively as we could be. We have a very capable PG who is a DOMINANT P&R player, yet we don't run the play nearly enough. We have a star SG and all we do is constantly iso him.

Tonight was just unbearable to watch. Woodson has absolutely zero plays to get us an easy basket when we are struggling to score. We just kept going iso, or drive and kick to a 3pt shooter. At one point we were posting Zaza for a few straight possessions which is just never a good idea.

Surprisingly, in the 2nd half we ran the P&R twice, and Solo ended up with a dunk once, and Flip got a dunk the next time. Yet, we again stopped running it. I just can't stand to watch our offense run iso's constantly when we have plenty of offensive talent. It's terrible. We should DEFINITELY be better than 26-18 IMO.

I don't agree. They don't do anything well night in and night out. Some nights they push the ball, some nights they don't. Some nights they give effort, some nights they don't. Some nights they shoot well, some nights they don't. This team is worse than it's increasingly unimpressive record. The team is a mess. It will be a mess until Woodson is fired and trades are made.

They don't do anything well night in and night out. Some nights they push the ball, some nights they don't. Some nights they give effort, some nights they don't.

This sounds like a coaching problem to me, as I was saying.

We just don't play to our strengths, if we did we'd be a lot more consistent and be a much better scoring team.

It's also funny that Woodson constantly gets credit for being a defensive coach yet we suck at defense and have never been in the top half of the NBA.

I can understand dropping 2 in a row, it happens. What I have a hard time understanding is how the hawks have continous streaks where you lose by the SAME MISTAKES.

there for a while- it was coming out and getting murdered in the first quarter- thus forcing big comebacks each time.

now-- there has been the 7 minute streak at the end of the suns game with no baskets- then --what was it -- a 12 minute streak last night?

i can see getting beat differently- but you shouldnt drop games back-to-back for the same reasons- thats coaching.

When I pointed out the Hawks problems at the end of their winning homestand people didn't want to hear it. Nobody wanted to hear that the Hawks were beating short handed teams at home, that they weren't executing well on offense or taking care of the defensive glass. After all they were winning so any problems were irrelevant.

Since that time the Hawks are 5-8.

• Premium Member
When I pointed out the Hawks problems at the end of their winning homestand people didn't want to hear it. Nobody wanted to hear that the Hawks were beating short handed teams at home, that they weren't executing well on offense or taking care of the defensive glass. After all they were winning so any problems were irrelevant.

Now you know that you're only allowed to speak positive thoughts around here.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

The question is really are we not playing to our potential. The roster is not very deep especially at the 4 and 5. We have one real scorer in the starting lineup (JJ) and one off the bench (Flip). Bibby is great but he's a shooter and subject to streaks. I agree we've been playing like crap in some of these games but talent wise I'm not sure we're a 50 win team.

umm let's see 5-8 with 2 starters missing significant time. Sorry if I can't be too alarmed. We need another scorer. Plain and simple.

So if we have two starters who miss a few games it is a big deal but if the teams we are playing are missing starters it isn't a big deal. OK

So if we have two starters who miss a few games it is a big deal but if the teams we are playing are missing starters it isn't a big deal. OK

You're arguing the same point. If we beat teams without their best lineup, its a win and nothing to make a big deal out of because we should beat them. If we lose to a good team without our best lineup, then guess what it's a tough loss, but nothing to be alarmed about. And I hat the way people use numbers. Yall 5-8, I saw we are 3-2 in the last 5 games. Who cares as long as we stay around 10 games over .500

You're arguing the same point. If we beat teams without their best lineup, its a win and nothing to make a big deal out of because we should beat them. If we lose to a good team without our best lineup, then guess what it's a tough loss, but nothing to be alarmed about. And I hat the way people use numbers. Yall 5-8, I saw we are 3-2 in the last 5 games. Who cares as long as we stay around 10 games over .500

The Hawks didn't lose one game when Marvin and Horford were both out.

But we've lost 2 to a couple of good teams. Miami and Pheonix without Horford. What's your point?

My point is you using revisionist history. Marvin missed only 2 games which isn't significant time. Many of the teams we played were missing one or more starters that were far more important to their teams than Horford is to us. It isn't like we were missing JJ or Smith during the last 13 games.

Okay, so I still don't see the point. Are you arguing I should feel worse because the Hawks have injuries and went 3-2 against some teams that also had injuries? Sorry I don't. And as for the losses they did occur when we had a starter out. Every writer in the sports world told me before the season if one or more starters go down this team would struggle. Well, guess they were right and wrong. 3-2 is still a winning record. 26 is wins is still good enough for 4th in division and we have had considerable time missed by the starting 5.

• Premium Member

Why dis a brother Ex? I remember supporting you on this issue!