• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Mike Bibby is in the 3 point shootout?

JJFAN4LF

Add Mike Bibby to the list of Hawks that will be on display during All-Star Weekend Feb. 13-15 in Phoenix.

The Hawks veteran point guard will compete in the 3-point shooting contest in his hometown, the second time in his career that he’s been included in the field. The official announcement will come later this afternoon.

Source: http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports...=7&cxcat=21

How do you think he'll fare? I honestly think he might win it.

how do you think he'll win it if you don't know who he is going against

I bet he'll win if he is going against Smooth

I actually do know who he is going against, I just forgot to mention them.

The other contestants are:

Jason Kapono

Rashard Lewis

Daequan Cook

Roger Mason

Danny Granger

His release isn't that fast. For him to reload and shoot, it may be tough for him to get to the end of the racks. Just my opinion.

um Bibby has one of the quicker releases out of all those guys and he doesn't lift much on his shot either. Only problem he'd have to worry about is how many go in.

• Premium Member
I think Bibby could do very well. I will be looking forward to this more than any time in at least the last decade.

Agreed. I'm just glad we have three Hawks representing during All Star Weekend. I'm not sure people are getting how huge this is for us. Enjoy it while you can because you never know...

Agreed. I'm just glad we have three Hawks representing during All Star Weekend. I'm not sure people are getting how huge this is for us. Enjoy it while you can because you never know...

Never know......what? lol

Also, does anybody know if Atlanta is participating in the Shooting Stars Competition. It's the city one. Where one legend, one current player from that team in the NBA, and one current player from that team in the WNBA. I think it would be nice to see Nique, Marvin, and maybe Ivory Lotta represent us.

• Premium Member

Also, does anybody know if Atlanta is participating in the Shooting Stars Competition. It's the city one. Where one legend, one current player from that team in the NBA, and one current player from that team in the WNBA. I think it would be nice to see Nique, Marvin, and maybe Ivory Lotta represent us.

You never know when these types of things come around. Back when Mook and Smitty played for us I took those teams for granted. I didn't realize how fast those guys would be gone and that we would be lottery bound for the next ten years. I'm just saying that this is a GREAT time to be a Hawks fan. The season is still far from over though.

When I saw your post, I thought of Smoove being in the shooting stars competition with Nique and Latta. Needless to say, I am still laughing. :lol6:

I'm guessing he'd fare poorly. Mark Price makes you a much better 3 point shooter. He can't make you into a true three-point shooter.

What about the other contestants? Are you kidding? Jason Kapono isn't well-rounded enough to even attend All-Star weekend, let alone participate. I'm sure Ray Allen is still laughing at the line-up. Three-point percentage is so overrated in the league.

• Moderators
I'm guessing he'd fare poorly. Mark Price makes you a much better 3 point shooter. He can't make you into a true three-point shooter.

What about the other contestants? Are you kidding? Jason Kapono isn't well-rounded enough to even attend All-Star weekend, let alone participate. I'm sure Ray Allen is still laughing at the line-up. Three-point percentage is so overrated in the league.

I totally get the argument that Kapono isn't a good enough player overall to participate in the All-Star game or the surrounding events. If you want to keep scrubs and role players away from this, Kapono should stay home.

However, if you are arguing that Allen would destroy Kapono in the 3pt contest I think you are off-base. Allen has competed in this event before and his actual results show that Kapono would be very competitive with him.