• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams

Frenzy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine either, and I get tired of this 'zero sum' argument when it comes to Hawks' players. It is perfectly reasonable to like them all.

Except Speedy, of course. That's not reasonable.

+1

I'll never understand the mentality of Hawks fans who actively root against their own players.

You're comparing Marvin to the best player of his generation. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Let's compare him with players in his "bracket". I'm positive their respective fanbase has said similar things to what MW is getting now. Even the hated Boris Diaw is averging 50% from the field and 43% from three point land. I'm sure if MW had those percentages the board would be ape crazed.

Travis Outlaw

Trevor Ariza

Andre Iguodala

Luol Deng

Linas Kleiza

Charlie Villanueva

Danny Granger

Rudy Gay

Al Thornton

Thad Young

Jeff Green

Kevin Durant

Wilson Chandler

Michael Beasley

Just saying...

• Moderators
You're comparing Marvin to the best player of his generation. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

You may be right but if we're comparing 22 year olds with four years of nba experience I'd say most were already stars if they were going to be. I love Marvin and I think he's going to be a great player for years in this league. I'm not sure he's going to be the star or franchise player that is being mentioned here. I hope he is though.

Hey, I'm tired of all this crazy Marvin talk though. He's playing great and I'm happy. Horford is playing great too (with only 1.5 years in the league and 22 years old :wink: ). And Smoove will come around. This i'm 100% sure of. Go Hawks.

contract year? come on. let say if marvin got hurt two months ago, or before he started playing good, and wouldn't be able to play for the rest of the year, would he still get a good contract? i bet he would. maybe not as good but it wouldn't be bad. a contract year for marvin is totally different than let say bibby.

i again don't get it, two years ago, or probably last year, marvin was the biggest bust of all time and this year he's our future?

i again don't get it, two years ago, or probably last year, marvin was the biggest bust of all time and this year he's our future?

Actually he's always been our future, this board just tends to slip headlong into a what-have-you-done-for-me-yesterday malaise.

P.S. Haven't flashed the badge in a while. Bam! Respect the badge.