Marvin Williams

Frenzy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HE'S A BEAST SON!!!

One of his best defensive efforts of his career last night, one of his best offensive nights tonight. Coming into his own...about time, I mean, he's so old at 22.

Marvin is looking like a beast, but still too inconsistent with his patented disappearing spells.

Marvin's contract is only coming closer to being up. With sometimes dominant performances, how many and which teams may be interested in him? I can't help but wonder how many squads would love to have him under a "better" coach, for a sweet deal nonetheless, knowing that our ownership group probably doesn't even know who Marvin Williams is.

Edited by benhillboy

He was the present today.

best way to say it.

i love marvin. but i am worried the aggressiveness i have looked to see for two years is really the whisper of the agent before every game of a contract year.

that being said. when he is hitting and trying to hit his shot, he now has the skills to take over.

I don't think it has anything to do with his contract or agent or anything like that. I think for the first time in his career Marvin realizes that he can and should be the #1 or #2 option on a team, obviously #2 with us. He has deferred to Josh Smith and other players with seniority his entire career thus far but his mindset seems to have changed. I'd honestly be upset if we lost him this offseason and I wouldn't have said that before this year.

I don't think it has anything to do with his contract or agent or anything like that. I think for the first time in his career Marvin realizes that he can and should be the #1 or #2 option on a team, obviously #2 with us. He has deferred to Josh Smith and other players with seniority his entire career thus far but his mindset seems to have changed. I'd honestly be upset if we lost him this offseason and I wouldn't have said that before this year.

agree to disagree.

not to say that he can't make it a pattern on his own. but nothing over three years has shown that he is a dominate personality. i don't think it took josh's struggles to make him realize he was better or worse, should shoot more or less.

i don't want to lose him either.

i just don't think you can say, randomly in feb/march the light came on.

his skills have been a slow, good development, it would be surprising if his personality changed at a rapid pace.