• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I blame Woodson for this team's downward plight

HawksBalla

I can sort of understand benching Smith if whatever happens warranted it. But why not play Zaza when it was obvious we were getting abused on the boards? And why not play Solo...oh wait, its because Woodson hasnt commited to developing our bench past an eight-man rotation (most nights its down to six-man rotation with a couple token appearances). And I think its too little too late to be tough with Josh Smith...its like trying to discipline a 10 y/o when he's been allowed to do whatever he wants his whole life.

Its obvious Woodson has lost his team. Listen to the quotes from our "leader" JJ, had to say"We're not on the same page," Johnson said. "It's kind of tough to play when the chemistry is not there. We're just not working as one." Funny that he would say the team isnt working as one when he's constantly forcing up jumpers and driving to drive against two and three-man fronts.

Its obvious Woodson has lost his team. Listen to the quotes from our "leader" JJ, had to say"We're not on the same page," Johnson said. "It's kind of tough to play when the chemistry is not there. We're just not working as one." Funny that he would say the team isnt working as one when he's constantly forcing up jumpers and driving to drive against two and three-man fronts.

Woody just isn't very good at what he does...that's about it. I don't hate the man - nor do I want anybody to lose their jobs in this faultering economy. But the truth is - Woody is about the worst coach I have ever seen. He is so far behind of the current game - trying to be Bobby Knight.

Woody should be fired as soon as possible.

I wouldn't put 100% of the problem on Woody. You have like what, 8 more coaches. You would think that one of them would pull Joe to the side and say " Joe if you pass out of that double team a lot faster we'd have a open shot" or " Josh, if you focus on just getting rebound for the next 5 minutes, we can win this game" or "Woody, let stop this insane switching defense, it's killing us." The players break ranks with the head coach, why should the other coaches. Do we have the problem that the entire coaching staff is clueless? If so, removing Woody, won't help long term. Someone, has to have the player's ear because Woody obviously doesn't.

I wouldn't put 100% of the problem on Woody. You have like what, 8 more coaches. You would think that one of them would pull Joe to the side and say " Joe if you pass out of that double team a lot faster we'd have a open shot" or " Josh, if you focus on just getting rebound for the next 5 minutes, we can win this game" or "Woody, let stop this insane switching defense, it's killing us." The players break ranks with the head coach, why should the other coaches. Do we have the problem that the entire coaching staff is clueless? If so, removing Woody, won't help long term. Someone, has to have the player's ear because Woody obviously doesn't.

I don't know the players tuned out Terry Porter but have plenty of respect for Alvin Gentry you can see in their play now. We really won't know until Woody gets fired.

bs. Woody don't listen to his assistants and really wouldn't give a damn about what the say. Last year his assistandt told him not to run that supid short rotation and he did it anyway and he's doing it now. Only playing 8 guys every night. Running them into the ground.

I don't know the players tuned out Terry Porter but have plenty of respect for Alvin Gentry you can see in their play now. We really won't know until Woody gets fired.

and just like the 07 Falcons.. they hated Petrino and didn't even want to come to work but couldn't wait to play for Emmitt Thomas who was there the whole time.

• Premium Member
Woody just isn't very good at what he does...that's about it. I don't hate the man - nor do I want anybody to lose their jobs in this faultering economy. But the truth is - Woody is about the worst coach I have ever seen. He is so far behind of the current game - trying to be Bobby Knight.

Woody should be fired as soon as possible.

I would fire him tonight and replace him with Ryan Camron

I don't think we have anyone on the coaching staff that has any head coaching experience though. That might be a problem in itself.

they'd still be better than Woodson. I'd pick a random fan out of Phillips and put him on the bench and I truely believe we have a better shot at winning than with woody.

• Premium Member
they'd still be better than Woodson. I'd pick a random fan out of Phillips and put him on the bench and I truely believe we have a better shot at winning than with woody.

Still 6 games above .500 though

Still 6 games above .500 though

and? They haven't been doing much winning lately. In 2009 they're 5-5 at ho,e and 7-13 on the road. This is no 4 seed. The early success (luck) from making an insane amount of jumpers clouds the real issues. They've just come back down to earth. A horrible coach can't take us that far off of talent.

and? They haven't been doing much winning lately. In 2009 they're 5-5 at ho,e and 7-13 on the road. This is no 4 seed. The early success (luck) from making an insane amount of jumpers clouds the real issues. They've just come back down to earth. A horrible coach can't take us that far off of talent.

We had an insane amount of luck with the 3-ball early in the season. But that luck has dried up. The N.Y. game showed that if we arent hitting 3's we probably arent winning.

• Premium Member

This loss is all coaching.

IN the second half, we're down by 4 and playing well. We decide that we must shoot threes.

I mean, we have 3 freakin plays.. Iso Joe Left. Iso Joe Right and everybody stand on the three point line and lets play horse.

I know that Charlotte is on a 5 game win streak. I know that LB is a master coach. But our problem is that we have no offense.

• Premium Member

IN the second half, we're down by 4 and playing well. We decide that we must shoot threes.

I mean, we have 3 freakin plays.. Iso Joe Left. Iso Joe Right and everybody stand on the three point line and lets play horse.

I know that Charlotte is on a 5 game win streak. I know that LB is a master coach. But our problem is that we have no offense.

Woody is a HOF level coach with D-League players.

Your forgot iso joe at top of key and iso flip at top of key ;)

So what's the excuse for Josh Smith averaging 4.3 rebs since the beginning of February?

Woody is definitely not a "mastermind" coach by any stretch of the imagination. But when your "energy player" plays lifeless, when he's not able to have free reign offensively, you have to blame a little more than the coach.

Matter of fact, the two guys that seem to be killing this team lately, on a nightly basis, are Smith and Bibby, especially on the defensive end.