• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Hornets

gsuteke

According to my AM newspaper this is a Pick 'Em game. Why? I have no idea.

The Hornets are surging and the Hawks are struggling right now. Keeping Chris Paul out of the lane will be almost impossible because someone has to constantly have a body on Chandler.

For the Hawks to be successful tonight Josh Smith is going to have to patrol the paint like he's known to do from the weakside.

The one problem with that is nobody is boxing out save Marvin for the defensive board.

This game is part of a long Hawks homestand. It's time to put show whether they can compete with top level teams from the West like New Orleans and Portland.

I think we get drilled, honestly. Bibby can't guard Paul and neither can Joe, and Horf/Josh really can't deal with Chandler and West. I'm tired of this inconsistency, lets just get to the friggin playoffs :P

Hey, gsuteke, what happened to your souped up awesome game threads from last year? Are you saving all your mojo for the playoffs?

I have faith in us and I think we'll handle the Hornets tonight and win by 6-10 points. We rarely fail to show up at home against a good team and I suspect that trend will continue tonight ... at least we aren't on national TV so that we won't lose by a point!

I think we get drilled, honestly. Bibby can't guard Paul and neither can Joe, and Horf/Josh really can't deal with Chandler and West. I'm tired of this inconsistency, lets just get to the friggin playoffs :P

Hey, gsuteke, what happened to your souped up awesome game threads from last year? Are you saving all your mojo for the playoffs?

The site was running over on it's monthly bandwidth allotment and the game threads sucked up alot of that.

I did a few on RealGM and linked them here but I'm not really all that into RealGM's site. I was just putting them up to save HS the bandwidth.

I may put something together for the playoffs if the Hawks give me something to be excited about!

• Premium Member
I may put something together for the playoffs if the Hawks give me something to be excited about!

GSU throwing down the gauntlet!

I think the playoffs absolutely merit your artistry. We'd expect nothing less.

All good points. I'm not sure why we're a pick em' games, speakling of gambling...anyone want to wager on how many times we're going to read how stupid we were for passing on Chris Paul in the next 24 hours on this board? :beathorse:

Ugh.

All good points. I'm not sure why we're a pick em' games, speakling of gambling...anyone want to wager on how many times we're going to read how stupid we were for passing on Chris Paul in the next 24 hours on this board? :beathorse:

Ugh.

Well........

we're up to 1 thus far!

LOL

Speaking of CP3:

Tonight - 15 steals = 15 assists + 15-16 = 30 + 10-10 Free Throws.

And, he has an off night against the Atlanta Hawks.

How's that!

Naw, he wouldn't have an off night, would he?

:beathorse:

We win if we do what we did to them in the first game and more. Which basically means that Smoove has to be all over the place, and our guys have to be on their P's & Q's on their jumpshooting.

Plus we gotta figure out how to stop Paul, who has hit his stride, compared to the first game where he and the team basically stumbled out of the gate. I see us winning, only because it's at home.

Awesome win.

Joe had one of his best nights of the season (and finally got on the 30 pt. board), and the defense absolutely clamped down on Paul and the rest of the Hornets. Holding the Hornets to 79 points is fantastic.

This is DEFINITELY a good omen for the rest of this huge homestand.

Great win tonight. Good team effort tonight. Joe's best game since the game against Chicago. ZaZa gave a good effort. Law had a good few minutes also, but he was starting to play abit reckless right before he got yanked. The team is now 9-1 when Mo starts instead of Marvin Williams. That doesn't look good on Marvin.

Great win tonight. Good team effort tonight. Joe's best game since the game against Chicago. ZaZa gave a good effort. Law had a good few minutes also, but he was starting to play abit reckless right before he got yanked. The team is now 9-1 when Mo starts instead of Marvin Williams. That doesn't look good on Marvin.

Yeah i am sure marvin being out caused JJ to find his shot.