• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe & Smoove = Better without Marvin?

Diesel

The truth is that Kobe, Lebron, and Wade are going to always get the call. No good head coach would play his best player on them. It just doesn't make sense to play your best guy on those guys knowing that they will draw foul after foul.

Wade = 9.4 FT/Game

James = 9.3 FT/Game

Kobe = 7.2 FT/Game

Joe = 4.6 FT/Game

That's the difference. It tells us that these guys drive to the rack. You don't put your best player in their way.

I'll go out on a limb here and say when we play Cleveland a week from tomorrow, JJ will be guarding LeBron the bulk of the time. One because he's the best match up available and our best option there, an two, Marvin won't be playing. We will be putting our best player in the way.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Nice job not including Milsap in your forward's FG%.

Hell, Milsap came in and played Center more than Forward, but if you like... It doesn't make that much difference.

Game 1 Milsap = 16 points 4/12 shooting.

Last Night Milsap= 16 Point 6/10 shooting.

That means:

Game 1 Utah Fowards = 66 points on 24/52 shooting = 46% Shooting.

Game 2 Utah Forwards = 41 points on 17/42 shooting = 40% Shooting.

• Premium Member
I'll go out on a limb here and say when we play Cleveland a week from tomorrow, JJ will be guarding LeBron the bulk of the time. One because he's the best match up available and our best option there, an two, Marvin won't be playing. We will be putting our best player in the way.

I'll go out on the opposite end and say, you will see Mo and Rio playing Lebron more than Joe. Why because Joe is our best player and Lebron goes to the line 9 times a game.

• Premium Member
If you understood anything, you'd know Mo is not the show. The show is flip. Mo Evans plays the same Woody Minutes that Royal Ivey played. Woody believes that Flip is better off the bench? I don't know why, but that's his belief. So nobody is clamouring for more Mo. If you see that in this thread (as you have said) point it out.

Flip averages 23 minutes per game on the season. He play 25 minutes last! So I don't see your point!

I'll go out on the opposite end and say, you will see Mo and Rio playing Lebron more than Joe. Why because Joe is our best player and Lebron goes to the line 9 times a game.

I hope you're right. If Woody feels comfortable playing Mo and Rio significant minutes vs. the Cavs on LeBron, I hope it works.

Hell, Milsap came in and played Center more than Forward, but if you like... It doesn't make that much difference.

Game 1 Milsap = 16 points 4/12 shooting.

Last Night Milsap= 16 Point 6/10 shooting.

That means:

Game 1 Utah Fowards = 66 points on 24/52 shooting = 46% Shooting.

Game 2 Utah Forwards = 41 points on 17/42 shooting = 40% Shooting.

That's actually a big difference from your original post. As I stated before, look at Utah's home versus away record, then look at the Hawks home versus away record. Both teams are excellent at home and suck on the road. A 6% disparity certainly can account for that, and the fact that Utah was on a back to back and we weren't.

• Premium Member
That's actually a big difference from your original post. As I stated before, look at Utah's home versus away record, then look at the Hawks home versus away record. Both teams are excellent at home and suck on the road. A 6% disparity certainly can account for that, and the fact that Utah was on a back to back and we weren't.

But doesn't Milsap usually come in at Center? Wasn't he matched up with AL? That's the only difference and the reason I left him off. Next, you'd want Okur added in too right?

• Premium Member
Flip averages 23 minutes per game on the season. He play 25 minutes last! So I don't see your point!

By that same token, Mo averages 21 Mpg and now he's played 18 mpg with MW out, so what was your point?

But doesn't Milsap usually come in at Center? Wasn't he matched up with AL? That's the only difference and the reason I left him off. Next, you'd want Okur added in too right?

LOL at Milsap playing center. Find one Utah fan that says he "usually comes in at center". You just left him off to fit your agenda.

I saw Bibby guarding Okur last night, doesn't mean Bibby was the center.

• Premium Member
By that same token, Mo averages 21 Mpg and now he's played 18 mpg with MW out, so what was your point?

You were the one that stated that flip was the difference and played better with Joe and Smith when the the reality is that his role on the team has not changed!

• Premium Member

I can't believe we're having this stupid conversation after the Hawks gritted out a victory (albeit, at home) vs. two playoff teams.

I am so sick of the "I like this player, therefore I must hate this player" mentality. I am so sick of the "ho hum, what else can the Hawks screw up" attitude around here. And I am so sick of the "well, the Hawks will never win another game" and the "Woodson is the spawn of Satan" threads.

Can't we just enjoy the ride even a little bit? Even a smidge?

I can't believe we're having this stupid conversation after the Hawks gritted out a victory (albeit, at home) vs. two playoff teams.

I am so sick of the "I like this player, therefore I must hate this player" mentality. I am so sick of the "ho hum, what else can the Hawks screw up" attitude around here. And I am so sick of the "well, the Hawks will never win another game" and the "Woodson is the spawn of Satan" threads.

What, now that Chillz is gone? hehehe

Edited by Dsinner

No

You sure do ask some dumb questions.

• Premium Member

We try to but we have so many Chris Paul/Deron Williams worshipers around here that when there favorite players get beat by the Hawks, they can't take it! So they have to find reasons why this happened! This is why there are so many stupid thread being created now!

• Premium Member

Wow, that high road you're on.. does it stretch to Chillzville? I would call you a hypocrite, but there's no need.

I agree... I, personally, like every player on this team... They're all HAWKS... Every team loses occasionally and wins occasionally... This is one of the few places Hawk fans can go and voice their opinions... It's too bad most of it is negative... Some have their own agenda...

And to answer the topic question... This team has players that are ready to play... It doesn't matter if one of our "soldiers" falls... We have more that are more than willing to step up... Personally, I'm thankful for injuries... Injuries give players time off and make the coach USE HIS BENCH (which is what most of us have been "pining" for, pun intended)...

• Premium Member

We try to but we have so many Chris Paul/Deron Williams worshipers around here that when there favorite players get beat by the Hawks, they can't take it! So they have to find reasons why this happened! This is why there are so many stupid thread being created now!

Both guy's game elevate when Marvin is not there.

I think a big part is Joe at the Sf.

He has a great advantage over Sfs and if he's switched to the pF, he grinds them up like meat. Boozer looked like Bozo the clown when he was switched on Joe on the perimeter. Joe sized him up and drove him inside. As quick as Boozer is for a PF, he's slow to Joe.

Defensively, you got to applaud Woody. He put Joe on Deron and Bibby didn't guard Deron or we played Zone.

The other thing is that Smoove's game also improves in the abs of Marvin. That is harder to understand. But in the small sample, Smoove has more complete games when Marv's not out there.

I agree with you about the JJ at SF point. At SF, he can really use his quickness, especially if a PF switches onto him.

As for Smoove, his play has elevated since Woody lit into that azz. Woody had to do that with Zaza too, and he's been OK since he did that. The absence of Marvin does kind of force Smoove to really crash the boards, instead of hang out on the perimeter like he's prone to do.

But JJ hasn't had back to back 50% shooting games in a while. I think it has more to do with JJ just making his jumpers, than Marvin being out. Smoove just needs to play hard all the time, even when he doesn't touch the ball.

Gotta love what Mario did last night. If Acie would play like Mario plays, and try to make an impact in the limited minutes he sees on the court, he'd be OK too.