• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope you guys are happy with being the 4th best

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Please tell me how signing Bibby to a 4 year contract makes this team better.

five reasons why the hawks better let him walk:

Jameer Nelson

Mo Williams

Harris

Rondo

D.J. Augustin

Hawks are getting killed by athletic point guards and until they find a more athletic guard to slow them down then their just chasing their tails. I don't know if Acie is the answer but I do know the Hawks have NO shot of ever being better than a 4th place team with Bibby.

If Acie is not the guy then Sund better think about trading him or Josh for the guy.

cough (Rondo) cough

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
I am happy, for now. I am more worried about offensive execution than Bibby's defense. If the Hawks ever run anything that even resembles a high school offense, I believe they will become a much better team.

Some of that goes on the PG too. Bibby's assist number are awful. In fact I think Joe leads the team in assist. I still say the Hawks are a coach and a PG away from being a threat to win the whole damn thing. I would give Avery a shot and bring in Rondo or a Rondo clone (so so shooter but good defender) to give the Hawks a realistic shot at being great.

Why I say Avery

He was a PG so offense should be natural to him and he always put emphasis on his player's defense and that's a huge plus to me.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Some of that goes on the PG too. Bibby's assist number are awful. In fact I think Joe leads the team in assist. I still say the Hawks are a coach and a PG away from being a threat to win the whole damn thing. I would give Avery a shot and bring in Rondo or a Rondo clone (so so shooter but good defender) to give the Hawks a realistic shot at being great.

Why I say Avery

He was a PG so offense should be natural to him and he always put emphasis on his player's defense and that's a huge plus to me.

Is it a shock that Joe leads the team in assists? He handles the ball more than any other player on the court, besides maybe flip who is more of an instant offense type of guy than point guard. Joe has always had the ability to share the rock, which is why some thought he could be a pg for this team.

Avery Johnson is maybe an upgrade over Mike Woodson, but he did inherit a pretty good Dallas Maverick team, so it remains to be seen how good of a coach he really is. Defensively, the Hawks rank in the top 10 in points allowed, and opponent field goal percentage, which is why I am not sure that he is the answer. The Mavericks were a good offensive team before Johnson, so I don't know how much he would help the Hawks on that side of the court. Parker wasn't just abusing Bibby last night, so I can't put all of the blame on him.

• Premium Member
Please tell me how signing Bibby to a 4 year contract makes this team better.

five reasons why the hawks better let him walk:

Jameer Nelson

Mo Williams

Harris

Rondo

D.J. Augustin

Hawks are getting killed by athletic point guards and until they find a more athletic guard to slow them down then their just chasing their tails. I don't know if Acie is the answer but I do know the Hawks have NO shot of ever being better than a 4th place team with Bibby.

If Acie is not the guy then Sund better think about trading him or Josh for the guy.

cough (Rondo) cough

Well, the first thing is that this team is not going to be stagnant in it's dealings. i.e. just because we sign Bibby doesn't mean that we won't draft a PG or develop Acie. At one point this season, Bibby and Joe were the best PG/SG tandem in the game. I think there's still room for growth from both players, but there's a synergy that happens when they are on the court together. Joe doesn't have to be the primary offensive player. Joe trusts Bibby. I recall when we had Lue here.. and some may say that Lue shot the ball as well or better than Bibs.. the problem is that our offense didn't work as well.

Defensively, you're right, we get scorched with Bibby out there against athletic PGs.. but honestly... what could we have done to stop Parker last night? Could Acie stop him?? NO. Could Speedy Stop him? Probably not. Our GM needs to go out and put together a team that can compete better than we compete now... That's not going to happen with some green PG... and that's not going to happen with some has been PG who wants lots of dollars.

So here's it to you...

J Kidd

S Nash

R Felton

J Jack

These are the PGs (starter quality) that are coming up in the FAcy pool this summer. Which of these could have stopped Parker last night and helped be an offensive force from outside in Woody's system.

If you can come up with an answer, email it to Sund.

• Premium Member
Well, the first thing is that this team is not going to be stagnant in it's dealings. i.e. just because we sign Bibby doesn't mean that we won't draft a PG or develop Acie. At one point this season, Bibby and Joe were the best PG/SG tandem in the game. I think there's still room for growth from both players, but there's a synergy that happens when they are on the court together. Joe doesn't have to be the primary offensive player. Joe trusts Bibby. I recall when we had Lue here.. and some may say that Lue shot the ball as well or better than Bibs.. the problem is that our offense didn't work as well.

Defensively, you're right, we get scorched with Bibby out there against athletic PGs.. but honestly... what could we have done to stop Parker last night? Could Acie stop him?? NO. Could Speedy Stop him? Probably not. Our GM needs to go out and put together a team that can compete better than we compete now... That's not going to happen with some green PG... and that's not going to happen with some has been PG who wants lots of dollars.

So here's it to you...

J Kidd

S Nash

R Felton

J Jack

These are the PGs (starter quality) that are coming up in the FAcy pool this summer. Which of these could have stopped Parker last night and helped be an offensive force from outside in Woody's system.

If you can come up with an answer, email it to Sund.

I don't think FA is the answer. Hawks will have pull to a trade. Only 4 players on the team untouchable IMO. That's Marvin, Joe and Horford. I like Rondo. Rondo is not a shooter but he can penetrate and he's always been good on D. You have enough scoring with the core guys to let Bibby and another piece walk in a sign-n-trade deal.

• Premium Member
I don't think FA is the answer. Hawks will have pull to a trade. Only 4 players on the team untouchable IMO. That's Marvin, Joe and Horford. I like Rondo. Rondo is not a shooter but he can penetrate and he's always been good on D. You have enough scoring with the core guys to let Bibby and another piece walk in a sign-n-trade deal.

If you like Rondo, then you ought to become a Boston fan. Other than trading Joe, there's nothing we can do to get Rondo here.

• Premium Member

If Bibby walks, get J Jack ASAP. Heck, grab Jack if Bibby re-signs. But for this season, Bibs is THE guy at the pg spot so I'm riding with him. I don't forsee any changes coming at this point in the season, so why the heck should anyone keep making threads that bash Bibby? Why don't you try cheering the guy on instead? At the end of the day, he's a Hawk and our starting PG. How we play this season and on into the postseason depends on his performance. So far, we've improved from #8 to #4 in the Playoff race. We have a winning record for the first time in about 10 years. Give the guy a chance, sheesh.

• Premium Member
If Bibby walks, get J Jack ASAP. Heck, grab Jack if Bibby re-signs. But for this season, Bibs is THE guy at the pg spot so I'm riding with him. I don't forsee any changes coming at this point in the season, so why the heck should anyone keep making threads that bash Bibby? Why don't you try cheering the guy on instead? At the end of the day, he's a Hawk and our starting PG. How we play this season and on into the postseason depends on his performance. So far, we've improved from #8 to #4 in the Playoff race. We have a winning record for the first time in about 10 years. Give the guy a chance, sheesh.

I'm going to give the whole cheering thing 1 last try but Bibbs better show me something or I'll go back to my complaining ways.

I am no fan of Acie, but hell we spent a #11 pick on him, let's just go with it. Hell it took Harris time to develop maybe the light switch will come on with Acie Law as well. Our team is veteran enough now to run with an inexperience pg. We should spend Bibby and Zaza's money on some non stiff big men. I would also draft Tyler Hansboro who should still be around at our pick.

I am no fan of Acie, but hell we spent a #11 pick on him, let's just go with it. Hell it took Harris time to develop maybe the light switch will come on with Acie Law as well. Our team is veteran enough now to run with an inexperience pg. We should spend Bibby and Zaza's money on some non stiff big men. I would also draft Tyler Hansboro who should still be around at our pick.

I am starting to sour on Acie. The guy doesn't play much, but is hurt a lot. I have a hard time handing the club over to him due to his injury syndrome. Its too bad really, as I really wanted Acie to become a Billups-like PG.

As for Bibby, he is a sieve on defense, but when his shot is falling, he makes a very dangerous team.

More on defense. I have come to hate Woodson's defensive scheme. It gives teams wide open 3s. When teams can't hit the 3 (like Dallas a couple of games ago), then the defense looks good. But, when a team can hit them, it really exposes the weakness of the system.

I am starting to sour on Acie. The guy doesn't play much, but is hurt a lot. I have a hard time handing the club over to him due to his injury syndrome. Its too bad really, as I really wanted Acie to become a Billups-like PG.

As for Bibby, he is a sieve on defense, but when his shot is falling, he makes a very dangerous team.

More on defense. I have come to hate Woodson's defensive scheme. It gives teams wide open 3s. When teams can't hit the 3 (like Dallas a couple of games ago), then the defense looks good. But, when a team can hit them, it really exposes the weakness of the system.

Hoping Acie is going to develop into a player like Devan Harris or Chauncey Billups is a pipe dream. He's not getting the playing time, either by coaching decision or injury, to develop his game near to those heights. Also, Woody's offense runs through Joe. Acie will never run the show here in Atlanta like Devan and Chauncey have with their respected teams.

Hoping Acie is going to develop into a player like Devan Harris or Chauncey Billups is a pipe dream. He's not getting the playing time, either by coaching decision or injury, to develop his game near to those heights. Also, Woody's offense runs through Joe. Acie will never run the show here in Atlanta like Devan and Chauncey have with their respected teams.

Did you even read what I posted? I said I hoped (as in desire or future expectation) that it would happen, not that it has. Second, just because Woodson is the HC right now doesn't mean that he will always be Acie's HC. Third, that statement was based on when he was drafted. Lastly, did I not say that I had soured on Acie due to injury?

Did you even read what I posted? I said I hoped (as in desire or future expectation) that it would happen, not that it has. Second, just because Woodson is the HC right now doesn't mean that he will always be Acie's HC. Third, that statement was based on when he was drafted. Lastly, did I not say that I had soured on Acie due to injury?

I understand. But even "hoping" Acie will evolve into that type of player given his situation isn't going to happen. With Woody being the HC, and the system currently in place, doesn't allow for a PG to blossom like we "hope". I also don't believe that where and when a person is drafted is going to dictate what type of player he will be. Those roles will be defined by the coach and the system implemented.