• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Appreciation

benhillboy

One of the youngest teams in the league with the fourth spot right behind 3 great teams. Not the biggest Joe fan, but I applaud his respectable efficiency (19+) while being the league's "Iron Man" at 40 minutes per while being a low-maintenance star. If Raja Bell can make an All Defensive Team at guard, I know Joe can, as he has probably checked every scoring 1-3 in the NBA and had success denying them. At times, like last night, Al and Josh look like no frontcourt you've ever seen. Bib's picked a great time to have a career year from 3, and Marv will be fine (hopefully off the bench), a bench that has filled roles and come together nicely down the stretch if we can stay healthy. Zaza and Mo's hustle won a couple for us. What can you say about Flip? He's basically the difference between scoring under or over 100. Mario is Corey Brewer on stimulants. I would love 8-5-2-1-1 from Solo and Acie if possible in the playoffs (and hard, meaningful fouls, Solo!) Say what you will about coach, but improving win totals considerably yearly is quite impressive. Stale offense without creative cutting, passing, movement? True. But I'd rather them focus on locking down and take my chances with iso-Joe/ Flip, because Woody has a ring from his association with a lock-down squad. He knows that is what it takes in the final 5 minutes of a playoff game. I'm sure we can get stops, but the free-throw shooting back-and-forth, I am not confident in.

The Hawks are a winning team. Feels good to say, but long overdue. The boys are growing into men. Let's go Atlanta.

So a Hawks fan decides to beat his chest that we have a winning team that will host a playoff series and the first thing drizzy wants to do is call him fair weather? Even when he admits to not being the biggest JJ fan? Come on driz. . . . it seems to me that all the real Hawks fans are happy right now and deserve to be proud of their team. You know how you spot real Hawks fans that have the Hawks' spirit?? They are in great moods talking trash about other teams. . . They don't get on Hawks fans websites, find a Hawks fan who is in a good mood because we have a winning season, and start to hate. You need to get your mind right driz. . .support your Hawks nation.

So a Hawks fan decides to beat his chest that we have a winning team that will host a playoff series and the first thing drizzy wants to do is call him fair weather? Even when he admits to not being the biggest JJ fan? Come on driz. . . . it seems to me that all the real Hawks fans are happy right now and deserve to be proud of their team. You know how you spot real Hawks fans that have the Hawks' spirit?? They are in great moods talking trash about other teams. . . They don't get on Hawks fans websites, find a Hawks fan who is in a good mood because we have a winning season, and start to hate. You need to get your mind right driz. . .support your Hawks nation.

You obviously haven't been here long enough to read what this man's been writing. You've only been posting here for what... a couple weeks now and you think you know the whole place inside-out. Sorry, but please read some of his posts before criticizing me for calling him out.

The guy is almost on the same level as Terror Moore when he writes long posts of bull and then tries to justify those posts a couple weeks later with "YAY HAWKS!" types of posts... (Sorry, behnhillboy.)

And don't blame me for hating on a fan that criticizes the best player on this team, Joe Johnson, who night in and night out has carried our team to where it is right now.

(And please don't get used to calling me drizzy because that is not my real username, lol.)

Yes, I've only been here a few weeks and I only have enough time to keep up with the threads that have been posted since my joining. I don't recall ever saying in the past few weeks that I knew the whole place inside out though. Who's being presumptuous?

I saw an objective Hawks post saying "go Hawks" while remaining steadfast being a "no-Joe" fan. The first reply said nothing about "go Hawks", "go Joe", or anything else positive about our boys. It was just hating on fair weather fandom.

I am new and don't know the history of this site's posts, I don't know if you and Ben have beef, and I don't know how die-hard of a Hawks fan you are. I just say that our Hawks wrapping up a home series trumps any of that junk so why hate on it? To be honest, I'm too preoccupied with backing our playoff bound Hawks to deal with ridiculous blog bicker anyway.

GO HAWKS!!

(oh, and I'll call you whatever is listed on your posts, doesn't matter)

Lets go Hawks. Major improvement and i think Woody needs to rest JJ. I would play him about 10 minutes a game tahts about it.

Oh yeah marvin isnt comming off the bench. Mo Evans is. I cant help it imma Marvin fan...lol.

Im so proud of our Hawks..Long way from 13 wins.

Yes, I've only been here a few weeks and I only have enough time to keep up with the threads that have been posted since my joining. I don't recall ever saying in the past few weeks that I knew the whole place inside out though. Who's being presumptuous?

I saw an objective Hawks post saying "go Hawks" while remaining steadfast being a "no-Joe" fan. The first reply said nothing about "go Hawks", "go Joe", or anything else positive about our boys. It was just hating on fair weather fandom.

I am new and don't know the history of this site's posts, I don't know if you and Ben have beef, and I don't know how die-hard of a Hawks fan you are. I just say that our Hawks wrapping up a home series trumps any of that junk so why hate on it? To be honest, I'm too preoccupied with backing our playoff bound Hawks to deal with ridiculous blog bicker anyway.

GO HAWKS!!

Are you really that focused on "backing up" our Hawks? Because last I checked, you were saying how you couldn't wait until Mike Bibby [and Speedy Claxton] were off of our team. Hmm... and excuse me for defending my opinions when someone else questions my state of mind upon my team.

• Premium Member

GO HAWKS!!

Leave it alone HamHawk until you fully understand the dynamics of this message board!

I'm going to have to agree 100% with drizzy.

When benhillboy writes his one paragraph run-on usually he is negative.

It's annoying.

Are you really that focused on "backing up" our Hawks? Because last I checked, you were saying how you couldn't wait until Mike Bibby [and Speedy Claxton] were off of our team. Hmm... and excuse me for defending my opinions when someone else questions my state of mind upon my team.

I like you dizzy, you're funny. I want the Hawks to replace Bibbs and Clax next season because I think it will better the team. . . .the team I'm backing up. Those are the comments I've made. From now until the championship game, I will scream my head off for anyone in a Hawks jersey. . . because I back them up. I apologize that my strong statements in this topic's first reply. I don't think it was read with the inflection intended. Didn't mean to made you cry over other issues I wasn't aware of. hahaha I'm just saying I hope the Hawks nation goes wild for the remainder of the season, regardless if the fan is fair weather, judgmental, fanatic, pompous, or just plain new to the program. As far as my future comments about anything other than player transactions and game posts. . . . well, I hate the verbal diarrhea it brings out of people. I'll leave that to the guys that "understand the dynamics" of the message board. LOL (yeah, P-bird's funny too)

Thanks for the laughs guys!

• Premium Member
I'll leave that to the guys that "understand the dynamics" of the message board. LOL (yeah, P-bird's funny too)

Thanks for the laughs guys!

Go ahead and keep making friends! Poster have been nice to you so far but if you keep your disrespectful sarcasm routine up, you'll find posting a little tougher here. I hope you have thick skin!

Go ahead and keep making friends! Poster have been nice to you so far but if you keep your disrespectful sarcasm routine up, you'll find posting a little tougher here. I hope you have thick skin!

Dang you guys are like a bunch of immature boston fans, just post and move on, don't keep on coming back to check if the guy replies to you or not.

Say what you will about coach, but improving win totals considerably yearly is quite impressive. Stale offense without creative cutting, passing, movement? True. But I'd rather them focus on locking down and take my chances with iso-Joe/ Flip, because Woody has a ring from his association with a lock-down squad.

Actually running ISO's gets guys more winded than any type of offense. Moving the ball quickly and getting easy baskets is much less tiring. We aren't going to be a lockdown squad when we have extend so much energy on offense.