• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

C-Webb rips Josh Smith for shooting jumpers

bumpyphish1

so on TNT's 'Inside the NBA' last night they were showing highlights of the Hawks-Heat game and talking about the upcoming series. Kenny said something to the effect of "The X-factor for the Hawks is Marvin Williams" to which C-Webb interrupted and said "The X-factor for the Hawks is Josh Smith not taking outside shots".

I smiled 'cuz at this point, I think the more public criticism Josh gets, the better....

Just wonderin' if any else caught this. Barkley and Co. are the best.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see it. I really have stopped watching since Webber has been on. He brings nothing to the table. He's not funny but thinks he is. Any statement made by him regarding basketball and "how it's done" or something like that, should be disregarded. His set shot, what do you call it... brick heave, was one of the ugliest things I've seen on a court. And he threw it up with regularity. The fact that he thinks he can criticize Smith is comical.

Kenny, Chuck and Ernie are the best. Webber and Payton just bring the i.q. down so far that it hurts to watch.

I didn't see it. I really have stopped watching since Webber has been on. He brings nothing to the table. He's not funny but thinks he is. Any statement made by him regarding basketball and "how it's done" or something like that, should be disregarded. His set shot, what do you call it... brick heave, was one of the ugliest things I've seen on a court. And he threw it up with regularity. The fact that he thinks he can criticize Smith is comical.

Kenny, Chuck and Ernie are the best. Webber and Payton just bring the i.q. down so far that it hurts to watch.

I agree with Mr McClure..

Edited by Popeye

so on TNT's 'Inside the NBA' last night they were showing highlights of the Hawks-Heat game and talking about the upcoming series. Kenny said something to the effect of "The X-factor for the Hawks is Marvin Williams" to which C-Webb interrupted and said "The X-factor for the Hawks is Josh Smith not taking outside shots".

I smiled 'cuz at this point, I think the more public criticism Josh gets, the better....

Just wonderin' if any else caught this. Barkley and Co. are the best.

yea i heard it. I dont care if Smith shoots the mid range shot but when he starts shooting up 3's thats when its hard to watch. He can make 3's but he should only take them if the shot clock is winding down or if he is wiiiidddeeee open. Webber is right, no need to get mad..Smith has hurt us in the past when he takes too much outside shots instead of taking it hard to the rim

LOL . . . you gotta love this board. Chris Webber is a borderline hall of famer, for what he did in college and in the pros. He pretty much resurrected a dead franchise in Sacramento, and almost instantly made them NBA championship contenders for about a 5 year stretch.

Ish . . if Smith was 70% of the offensive and rebounding force that Webber was, we'd be an NBA title contender.

okay, you are all definitely right about C-Webb being a bum as a player and commentator. Point is, everyone at the table (Charles, Ernie, Kenny) knew exactly what C-Webb was talking about, like it was an inside joke between them. I think Kenny def chimed in an commented on it, too.

I just hope Josh plays within himself vs. Miami. That's all we need from him....and some blocks.

You have to imagine he would at least take it to heart if he heard his 'elders' make comments like this though. I'm sure he respects Charles and Kenny if not Webber.

I know this thread is about Josh and the jumpshot, but this hate on Webber is just dumb. For five straight years he was "All-NBA". For 7-8 years he was there with Malone, Duncan and Barkley. And you guys call him "a bum".

So when someone says, "Hawksquawk doesn't know about ball", there it is.

Webber knows basketball.

I know this thread is about Josh and the jumpshot, but this hate on Webber is just dumb. For five straight years he was "All-NBA". For 7-8 years he was there with Malone, Duncan and Barkley. And you guys call him "a bum".

So when someone says, "Hawksquawk doesn't know about ball", there it is.

Webber knows basketball.

He was right there with them... on a video game. If you had ever actually played competitive basketball for a coach, you would have a different opinion. I've already spelled out in other threads why Webber was useless and how the Kings success had a whole lot more to do with guys like Turk and Bibby and Vlade than it did with Webber. Besides, it wasn't much success. They got beat in the 1st round like 4 times. Real quick though, he was allergic to post play and rebounding with real men. He was also in love with his ability to brick open 17 ftrs all day. And as your video games don't tell you, he was completely worthless as a defender. And let's not even get into what kind of a man he is and what leadership abilities he did not have.

Webber doesn't know basketball. He knows being almost 7 ft tall and he had good hands. There is a lot more to understanding basketball than that. Like knowing if you are the biggest guy on the court and you have no j, it might help your team more if you play in the post and rebound. But soft, selfish, ignorant guys with "talent" never seem to get that. But that's because they think of themselves before the team.

Josh Smith is twice the player Webber was. Bothi n heart and mind.