• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The table is set for us.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I hear everybody talking about how we have to play Wade and the Refs. I hear everybody saying that we can't win this first round nor can we think about winning the 2nd round.

However, optimistically, the table is set for us to make our introduction into the elite.

Follow me.

Think about it... NBC and the NBA wants Wade vs. Lebron, Lebron vs. The Celtics, and Lebron vs. The Lakers.

But you know what... we can ruin all that.

It could be.... the Hawks vs. Lebron. The Hawks vs. The Celts... and The Hawks vs. The Lakers.

I feel it. It's our time. I think we can be in the ECF with Boston (if they can get past Chicago or Orlando). We can make last years series look like a scrimmage. The table is set!!!

Go Hawks!!!

Hawks vs. Lakers = 2009 NBA finals.

I hear everybody talking about how we have to play Wade and the Refs. I hear everybody saying that we can't win this first round nor can we think about winning the 2nd round.

However, optimistically, the table is set for us to make our introduction into the elite.

Follow me.

Think about it... NBC and the NBA wants Wade vs. Lebron, Lebron vs. The Celtics, and Lebron vs. The Lakers.

But you know what... we can ruin all that.

It could be.... the Hawks vs. Lebron. The Hawks vs. The Celts... and The Hawks vs. The Lakers.

I feel it. It's our time. I think we can be in the ECF with Boston (if they can get past Chicago or Orlando). We can make last years series look like a scrimmage. The table is set!!!

Go Hawks!!!

Hawks vs. Lakers = 2009 NBA finals.

You are so full of it that it isn't even funny. Is somebody paying you to post meaningless bs?

Hawk88

You know what? This guy DOES see the glass as half full with only a drop of water in it..

BUT

Everyone has said all year that the hawks have dropped games that they should have won... that they didnt play up to their potential.

well, one thing you know they WON'T lack is INTENSITY come playoff time...

that's one thing you can count on being there- along with a young- yet somewhat playoff experienced- roster.

im not saying 'print up the t-shirts and banners', but if the hawks make noise - even in the SECOND round- i won't be floored.

I have felt all year that the Hawks are better suited to the playoffs than the regular season. In the playoffs the Hawks lack of depth isn't as much of a factor because they aren't playing back to backs. The Hawks have shown over the past year that they can get up for big games but frequently come out flat in less important games.

Earlier in the year i was saying that the Hawks weren't as good as their record because they were playing so many short handed teams. However in comparison with the Heat the reverse is true. The Hawks have had far more injuries than the Heat and still have a better record.

• Moderators

Cleveland is the only team that I feel like we can't beat in a series (in the east) but you never know. I'd love to not have the Lakers, Celtics, or Cavs in the finals. How about a Hawks-Hornets finals. CP3 vs. MW showdown. Maybe next year.

• Premium Member
I have felt all year that the Hawks are better suited to the playoffs than the regular season. In the playoffs the Hawks lack of depth isn't as much of a factor because they aren't playing back to backs. The Hawks have shown over the past year that they can get up for big games but frequently come out flat in less important games.

Earlier in the year i was saying that the Hawks weren't as good as their record because they were playing so many short handed teams. However in comparison with the Heat the reverse is true. The Hawks have had far more injuries than the Heat and still have a better record.

What yousay is true... no back to backs.

The other thing is Woody coaches better in the playoffs. And we get almost half as many home games.

Now, everybody has crowned Cleveland as King of the East.. but have you looked at that team? Outside of Bron, What's so great? Mo Williams is good, but not enough to beat us. Big Z hasn't been good in 5 years. Anderson is OK but he's not a star. Their shooters are streaky.

Miami is the perfect 1st round opponent for a strong run. We should be able to beat Miami. We know this, they know this. IF we hold up and win... we will have momentum going into the second round. At the heart, we're a young vet team that is poised to make an entrance into the elite. We're getting healthy at the right time. All it takes is one win in Cleveland and we take Homecourt advantage. It will take Lebron and every ref to beat us then.

Hawks vs. Lakers 2009 Finals.

You are so full of it that it isn't even funny. Is somebody paying you to post meaningless bs?

Hawk88

Way to get behind your team there Crazy 88. Imagine how inspired our team would play if every Hawks fan out there had your optimism. You truly are an inspiration. . . . . .hater.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!! The table IS set, so hold the faith Hawks nation. Anything is possible in playoffs so why not us?

Way to get behind your team there Crazy 88. Imagine how inspired our team would play if every Hawks fan out there had your optimism. You truly are an inspiration. . . . . .hater.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!! The table IS set, so hold the faith Hawks nation. Anything is possible in playoffs so why not us?

Anything can happen in the playoffs! Remember when the best in the west got beat by the worst in the first round (Mavs-Warriors)... Anything can happen!

What yousay is true... no back to backs.

The other thing is Woody coaches better in the playoffs. And we get almost half as many home games.

Now, everybody has crowned Cleveland as King of the East.. but have you looked at that team? Outside of Bron, What's so great? Mo Williams is good, but not enough to beat us. Big Z hasn't been good in 5 years. Anderson is OK but he's not a star. Their shooters are streaky.

Miami is the perfect 1st round opponent for a strong run. We should be able to beat Miami. We know this, they know this. IF we hold up and win... we will have momentum going into the second round. At the heart, we're a young vet team that is poised to make an entrance into the elite. We're getting healthy at the right time. All it takes is one win in Cleveland and we take Homecourt advantage. It will take Lebron and every ref to beat us then.

Hawks vs. Lakers 2009 Finals.

I thought a playoff run might be slightly possible until the L's to Boston and SA late in the season. That ended that for me.

Yeah, as much as people talk about depth in the playoffs, you really only need 3 good bench players in the playoffs and most hopefully they won't be playing as many minutes.

Anyway, if we're talking about the Hawks, a 48 win team (yeah, I'm giving us a win even if we lose tonight), making it to the playoffs instead of one of three 60+ win teams, why wouldn't we be nice and let Dallas be our presumptive finals opponent instead of LA?

Somehow i find that a little hard to believe.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....=335850&hl=

Orlando still doesn't seem to be well and Boston appears to still be banged up. But the Hawks were unable to take advantage of an injured Boston and SA team just a few weeks ago. Every time I start to get a good feeling about this team they stumble. I've heard some say the Hawks rise against the best teams. But that's not the case. They went 2 months without a real quality win and they really played like crap against Orlando the last two times they played them.

They beat LA likely (I missed the game) because LA mostly played bad. This team just have up like 110 points in 3 straight games and this team does NOT have a defensive strategy. So I don't buy strong Hawks defense. Even in low scoring games, the Hawks count on the other team missing lots of open shots. Much like the Dallas game. The Hawks could beat Orlando if Orlando has a really bad shooting series because there isn't much else Orlando can do to beat you because they don't throw it down to Howard as much as they should.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....=335850&hl=

Orlando still doesn't seem to be well and Boston appears to still be banged up. But the Hawks were unable to take advantage of an injured Boston and SA team just a few weeks ago. Every time I start to get a good feeling about this team they stumble. I've heard some say the Hawks rise against the best teams. But that's not the case. They went 2 months without a real quality win and they really played like crap against Orlando the last two times they played them.

They beat LA likely (I missed the game) because LA mostly played bad. This team just have up like 110 points in 3 straight games and this team does NOT have a defensive strategy. So I don't buy strong Hawks defense. Even in low scoring games, the Hawks count on the other team missing lots of open shots. Much like the Dallas game. The Hawks could beat Orlando if Orlando has a really bad shooting series because there isn't much else Orlando can do to beat you because they don't throw it down to Howard as much as they should.

Fortunately, the playoffs are about matchups.

Like it or not, unless you're Orlando... seeing the Hawks is a bad matchup for you. Throw out back to back games. Throw out injury. Throw out games where we didn't have confidence. Throw out games where Woody left Mo in too long and didn't play Flip enough. Throw out all the times we didn't have the energy to rebound. Throw out all the games we lost because of missed free throws. Right now, all the stars are starting to lineup and the north star is sitting over the city of Atlanta. That guy name Joe Johnson is in the booth and he's putting his cape on. Nique is thinking back to Doc Rivers not passing him the ball and saying..."Finally, it's our turn again." Steve Smith is looking back at when we beat the Pistons in the first round and had to play NY with Mookie, Hendu, and Long all hurt and saying " Finally, it's our turn again." Shareef is looking over and seeing all the times he went 1 on 3 in the post and JT was nowhere to be found and Theo was on the bench in a suit and Big Dog was not playing defense with Babcock giving a playoff guarantee and Shareef is saying... "Finally, Atown gets a shot!!" Billy Knight is looking at the star over Atlanta and saying " Now they will see my genius!"

Hawks vs. Lakers NBA Finals 2009!!!