“Yes, we were very insulted,”

HawkNJersey

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Drama queens, are insulted by a missed dunk. Notice, he's not insulted by JJ's dunk immediately after that...where the 2pts actually made it on the score board....

They need something to rally around. He's doing what he's supposed to do.

However, it's up to us to go into their house, weather their storm and answer like we did tonight!!!

Is it just me or are people missing the point that it wasn't a dunk attempt that is the problem it's the fact that it was showboating. No one cares if he would have hammered it down, that's what you're supposed to do it's that he tried to do it in a fashion that's disrespectful to the other team. Do you think anyone on this forum wouldn't call Wade out if he did an Antoine shimmy after a three up 20 points in the 4th? So why defend that bonehead play. I rank that play with Deshawn Stevenson doing his "you can't see me" thing after hitting a three in last year's playoffs even though his team was down big. You open your self up to retaliation if not humiliation after you try to show a team up such as Stevenson was by Damon Jones of all people who mocked him after a made three of his own. It's apparent the Hawks are not that good of a team considering half this forum was crying that it was over after Miami won two straight so why be proud of a player giving a team that is already giving us trouble more ammunition heading back to their own court?

Smoove was just trying to give the crowd that was left something nice to see. And he was trying to give us a nice .gif to use. He failed at both, but still...who cares...we were up what...20 points?

As said above, if that's what it takes for Miami to get motivated then they should be insulted at their own pathetic team.

LMAO if they are insulted by that and not the drubbing they took tonight. There is no way something like that can motivate them any more than the possibility of being eliminated. But in the end it doesn't matter because the Heat just aren't a good enough team to win this series.

No one should be getting worked up over this. I'm surprised people were still watching at this point.

Smoove was just trying to give the crowd that was left something nice to see. And he was trying to give us a nice .gif to use. He failed at both, but still...who cares...we were up what...20 points?

As said above, if that's what it takes for Miami to get motivated then they should be insulted at their own pathetic team.

True. They tried to build D-wade up, but he is just another PP.

Is it just me or are people missing the point that it wasn't a dunk attempt that is the problem it's the fact that it was showboating. No one cares if he would have hammered it down, that's what you're supposed to do it's that he tried to do it in a fashion that's disrespectful to the other team. Do you think anyone on this forum wouldn't call Wade out if he did an Antoine shimmy after a three up 20 points in the 4th?

showboating, yes, but i don't see it as being so disrespectful as others do. i guess it could be considered disrespectful in that you wouldn't try that if you weren't already up by 20, but so what? you're up by 20, that is all it's pointing out. is it disrespectful to be up by that much in a game? i don't think so. outragous celebrating after the fact, like the antoine shimmy, is more disrespectful imo, because you're celebrating what you just did and rubbing it in their faces.

if you can't do a windmill, through the legs, 180, 360, or any other dunk other than run of the mill 1 or 2 handed dunks when you're up by 20, when can you do them? never? you don't ever want to see those things in a game ever? i do, and luckily for me it was my guy on my team (trying to) do it. if wade did it, yeah i'd be po'ed a little, but that's the game. i want to see that stuff in games when possible, and when you're up by 20 at the end of the game is the only really acceptable time to do it (there are always exceptions to every rule, though).

All I'm saying is the game is most likely in hand but the series is not, you take the sure points and put the game away, Joe demonstrated this one play after, Flip expressed disatisfaction in a post game interview, practically every news cycle are questioning the decision not to mention the opponent team. So one can't do the "whole the world against the Hawks" or "they just mad cuz they lost" excuse, a veteran on our own team expressed disatisfaction heck if you heard the crowd during the broadcast even they groaned a little and it wasn't just because he missed. These are proffesional athletes, they will come out and do their job regardless but you don't want to give them "bulletin board material" or any extra motivation. My worry is not even with Heat themselves it's with the fact we don't have a great record on the road and we're heading there for a clincher with possibly two starters down. The crowd is going to be into it and now Josh Smith, yes Josh Smith, the emotionally unstable, sporadic playing youngster of ours is going to be the focus of their attention. Last year Mike Bibby took pressure of the young team by making comments about Boston fans and he became their focus, does anyone think Josh can handle that amount of added pressure? Anyway just hoping Josh comes out like gangbusters and doesn't shoot an airball..........go Hawks!

Anyone that doesn't understand that it was imature, classless, show-boating must be as immature as Smoove. Did you ever see Mr. Class Tim Duncan; in all his playoff opportunities, pull a stunt like that? NO.

You can't give one reason that he should have done that, but many why he shouldn't have.

I'm sure that the stunt only reinforced the national perception that Smoove is an immersely gifted athlete, who still behaves like a 14 year old.

Smoove, please grow up and your game will follow.

Is it just me or are people missing the point that it wasn't a dunk attempt that is the problem it's the fact that it was showboating. No one cares if he would have hammered it down, that's what you're supposed to do it's that he tried to do it in a fashion that's disrespectful to the other team. Do you think anyone on this forum wouldn't call Wade out if he did an Antoine shimmy after a three up 20 points in the 4th? So why defend that bonehead play. I rank that play with Deshawn Stevenson doing his "you can't see me" thing after hitting a three in last year's playoffs even though his team was down big. You open your self up to retaliation if not humiliation after you try to show a team up such as Stevenson was by Damon Jones of all people who mocked him after a made three of his own. It's apparent the Hawks are not that good of a team considering half this forum was crying that it was over after Miami won two straight so why be proud of a player giving a team that is already giving us trouble more ammunition heading back to their own court?

LOL . . exactly.

If I would've seen this thread first, it would've saved me a lot of typing in the "Josh Smith" thread, where I pretty much say the same thing.

It took me 5 minutes to go on NBA.com and find another "insulting" dunk in the this years playoffs. Lebron James in game 3, while up 20, late in the 3rd quarter against the Pistons, attempted and completed a 2-handed, windmill jam on fast break, all by himself. Where was the insulted or disrespectful talk then?

Edited by HawkNJersey

• Premium Member

Sure they are going to be upset... However, Smoove would have taken that same shot in a tie game. Hell, he would have taken that shot down by 2 in the NBA finals game 7. It's not a matter of respect, it's a matter of nature. It's his nature.

It took me 5 minutes to go on NBA.com and find another "insulting" dunk in the this years playoffs. Lebron James in game 3, while up 20, late in the 3rd quarter against the Pistons, attempted and completed a 2-handed, windmill jam on fast break, all by himself. Where was the insulted or disrespectful talk then?

Amen