• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove's bitching

DrReality

Go figure, I would've thought Smoove or Woody would be the first guy during these playoffs to get tossed for arguing calls. Surprisingly, it was Zaza.

that s*** was b.s. total fix. f**k david stern, f**k the nba. i'm sick of this s***.

Like I said last game. It is King James' league at this point. He is getting ready to reigh supreme. And Stern will have a major erection.

I agree, after watching lakers vs houston i realized not even kobe is getting the type of touch fouls that james is getting. I don't think james is as great as some think. for instance put wade on the cavilers and lebron on miami and you get same results.

Like I said last game. It is King James' league at this point. He is getting ready to reigh supreme. And Stern will have a major erection.

At this point I'm hoping for an Orlando vs Denver series. Even though its not the Glamour match, I'd watch it out of spite.

I agree, after watching lakers vs houston i realized not even kobe is getting the type of touch fouls that james is getting. I don't think james is as great as some think. for instance put wade on the cavilers and lebron on miami and you get same results.

I used to think James is not better than Wade, but he has improved tremendously it's ridiculous.

Honestly, LBJ is the best player in the NBA. Even if he didn't get the calls, he'd still be dominating. I guess it's time to realize that the guy wearing 23 for the wine and gold really is our generation's Jordan.

I do agree with the fact that Kobe gets little-to-no help from the refs, and that's why I definitely appreciate his ability. He doesn't wait for refs to bail him out like Wade, the guy is legitimately great.

Can't complain too much. LeBron is the best player in the league, and he's showing it nightly now..

Some want to say Kobe is still the best, but he can't handle and attack this well, and he doesn't put this type of pressure on a defense.

LeBron is not only the best player in the league, but he's clearly the best leader.. He literally walked into Phillips, put his team on his back, and carried them to where they needed to go.. A combination of inside play, outside shooting, attacking to get to the line, and defense.

He's the total package.

Did you hear Brown talk about how he has had points/rebounds four times already that has only been done by Oscar Robinson. Think that iswhat he said. He could be better than Jordan?

I dunno Doc - I still think Stern is fixing this thing against us - I just can't figure out how he manages to guide in those three point shots. Probably the result of some NASA/CIA project that makes one guy score threes while the other team goes 4-19 early - maybe a magnetic/force field deal. You never can tell about those CIA spooks.

Personally I think all Hawks fans should bring magnets to the next game to mess up the "force"...then we will have a level playing field with these Cleveland game riggers. ....or maybe we should fire Woody and get a real NBA offense instead of this AAU shoot-around ISO junk.

Anyway - vacation next week :blink: .....off to Roswell!!

Edited by DJlaysitup

Touch fouls?... I must have been watching a different game 3 than you... James certainly did get to the foul line plenty in game 3, but I seem to remember the vast majority of those trips came after near-tackle type fouls, where the Hawks were simply trying to put James on the line as opposed to giving up another easy layup/slam. You can keep making excuses for the Hawks losing by claiming that the games are fixed and James gets all the calls and..., but at this point, it just sounds like a bunch of whining from sore losers.

Honestly, LBJ is the best player in the NBA. Even if he didn't get the calls, he'd still be dominating. I guess it's time to realize that the guy wearing 23 for the wine and gold really is our generation's Jordan.

He is already better than Jordan. I despise the star treatment he gets but Jordan got the same...for at least a decade. LBJ would still dominate OFFENSIVELY without the calls. However when he is getting away with murder out there the Cavs are untouchable.

Unfortunately I think our players give up when things (calls) repeatedly go against us game after game...year after year...morale is way too low, way too often. We need an Extreme Makeover.

• Premium Member
Touch fouls?... I must have been watching a different game 3 than you... James certainly did get to the foul line plenty in game 3, but I seem to remember the vast majority of those trips came after near-tackle type fouls, where the Hawks were simply trying to put James on the line as opposed to giving up another easy layup/slam. You can keep making excuses for the Hawks losing by claiming that the games are fixed and James gets all the calls and..., but at this point, it just sounds like a bunch of whining from sore losers.

The Hawks don't loose because of the calls... The games are uncompetitive at halftime because of the calls. The thing is, there is no freaking reason for it. The cavs would still win in a fairly officiated game... so why the heck can't they just officiate fairly?

If you think Lebron didn't get away with murder in game 2, then you are crazy. He had at least three extremely obvious, no doubt about it, fouls that weren't called and god knows how many "touch" fouls that would have been called on anyone guarding him. Lebron has averaged less fouls than any other star in the playoffs despite playing 5 times more physically than any player. That is fact, and it is blatant to anyone watching the games who isn't a Cavs fan or a Lebron fan.

Foul or no foul Lebron gets to the line every time he drives. Even when defensive players are leaning away intentionally the dude gets the calls. It's stupid, and it ruins the game... A few delusional fans may be claiming we are loosing because of the calls, but the rest of the Hawks fans are just frustrated that the refs have to add insult to injury. It's a slap to the face, as a fan of the league, and it does nothing for Lebron or the Cavs.

Edited by Atlantaholic

He is already better than Jordan. I despise the star treatment he gets but Jordan got the same...for at least a decade. LBJ would still dominate OFFENSIVELY without the calls. However when he is getting away with murder out there the Cavs are untouchable.

Unfortunately I think our players give up when things (calls) repeatedly go against us game after game...year after year...morale is way too low, way too often. We need an Extreme Makeover.

Better than Jordan??? You have to be kidding me. The NBA was much better in the 80s and 90s. The difference now is the game is officiated toward perimeter players. I wouldn't even put lebron in top 10 yet as a player. Is he talented yes but until lebron wins 6 rings im not giving him that. I mean lets be serious here Jordan was beating JOHN STOCKTON and KARL MALONE in finals. He got his first NBA chapionship agaisnt who? MAGIC JOHNSON and the Lakers. Right now in the nba the closest talent we have is Kobe! The point im making is Jordan was leading the bulls to wins agaisnt great players and great teams. To sit her and make the statement that lebron is better than jordan, you must not have been old enough to see those games

Better than Jordan??? You have to be kidding me. The NBA was much better in the 80s and 90s. The difference now is the game is officiated toward perimeter players. I wouldn't even put lebron in top 10 yet as a player. Is he talented yes but until lebron wins 6 rings im not giving him that. I mean lets be serious here Jordan was beating JOHN STOCKTON and KARL MALONE in finals. He got his first NBA chapionship agaisnt who? MAGIC JOHNSON and the Lakers. Right now in the nba the closest talent we have is Kobe! The point im making is Jordan was leading the bulls to wins agaisnt great players and great teams. To sit her and make the statement that lebron is better than jordan, you must not have been old enough to see those games

I agree 100%

Six rings? Isn't that a bit much? I agree that LeBron isn't at the level of Jordan and it will take a while for him to get there but you can't completely judge a player by his rings. Some of the best all time weren't able to win rings (if so, maybe 1 or 2). Magic, Kareem, and MJ were lucky enough to get on a dynasty and be surrounded with several other all star players.

A lot of players could never live up to that billing.. Wilt only won 2, Oscar Robertson only won 1, Kobe only has 1. I think the key is that LeBron took a nothing team and has them atop the league and deep into the playoffs consistently. A player's ability to have all-stars alongside him is completely out of his control.

Jordan was a fantastic player but to base your argument on rings (teammate-dependent) is objectionable.

• Moderators
Six rings? Isn't that a bit much? I agree that LeBron isn't at the level of Jordan and it will take a while for him to get there but you can't completely judge a player by his rings. Some of the best all time weren't able to win rings (if so, maybe 1 or 2). Magic, Kareem, and MJ were lucky enough to get on a dynasty and be surrounded with several other all star players.

A lot of players could never live up to that billing.. Wilt only won 2, Oscar Robertson only won 1, Kobe only has 1. I think the key is that LeBron took a nothing team and has them atop the league and deep into the playoffs consistently. A player's ability to have all-stars alongside him is completely out of his control.

Jordan was a fantastic player but to base your argument on rings (teammate-dependent) is objectionable.

Kobe has 3 rings.

To your point, I agree that demanding 6 rings before comparing MJ and Lebron is asking too much. Team success is reflective of individual play but if Scottie Pippen blows out his knee in the early 90's then MJ doesn't get 6 rings.

To the earlier point about the shift to emphasize perimeter offense, I completely agree with that. MJ in his prime would destroy the league today far more than Lebron or Kobe does, IMO. Jordan got mugged in the 90's compared to the contact allowed today. Wade or Lebron get legitimately fouled but they also get a ton of calls that would not have ever been made prior to the handchecking rules. Lebron still has plenty of time to catch up if he is the GOAT so let's just wait and see before getting ahead of ourselves.