• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking for a guard.

Diesel

free agent Point guard... that we can get.  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give up Acie Law and Speedy's contract for Kirk Hinrich.

I mean, if that's possible, you do it. You then let Bibby walk and have a ton of cap space to use for a JJ extension, a Marvin contract, or a FA signing.

I have to think the Bulls can get more than that tho (they'd want our 1st).

As I said before, outside of Rubio and Jennings it will take three seasons before these PG's can make an impact. We're no longer in rebuilding mode, we need players who can build on our success model. We do not need players who it will take awhile for them to come around. Sessions is a tricky player, he reminds me of the PG in Toronto (Jose C.), talented but not quite a starter. I believe Felton could be a real sound pickup for the Hawks. If we can sign him and Marvin for under 15 million per combine, I will be a happy camper.

Jarrett Jack

Rajon Rondo

Jamal Tinsley

Tony Parker

Kyle Lowry

Jordan Farmer

Aaron Brooks

Mario Chalmers

These point guards were doing their thing in his rookie season or by their first. Maynor, Lawson, or Flynn would do fine with significant minutes.

As the executive scout, I thought you would have known this.

I'd give up Acie Law and Speedy's contract for Kirk Hinrich.

I'm not sure we go ahead and give up on Acie just yet. The guy was a high draft choice and we haven't seen enough of him to make the determination that he is not needed. We pick late in the draft and I don't think there would be any PG at that position that would offer more potential than Acie. We could just as easily make this deal work with Mo Evans' contract in place of Acie's.

Bringing on Hinrich could do wonders for Acie and his confidence as he'd be tutoring under a Vet with a similar skill set that would not be looking for a new contract considering he is under a long term deal. I'm not saying that Bibby was not receptive towards Acie but it is not unheard of to have veterans in contract years not be too willing to train their eventual replacements. I would much rather pay Hinrich a proven Vet the 9 mill average (that decreases over the course) than Ramone Sessions or Ray Felton 6 mill.

As stated by another poster on here, that I would have to go back and edit in his props later, Hinrich can effectively play and defend the 2 guard position allowing for possible lineup stretches with him and Acie sharing the court. This has an added benefit because if Flip prices himself out of our range we'd at least have options at the 1 and 2. Our draft pick could then be spent on a taller guard or (I know the unsexy idea) SF which we'd have much better value at 19. Our MLE can now then be spent on getting a valuable vet big and we can throw the vets minimum at a backup PG just to add depth.

I believe Chicago would be willing to do this trade because after his playoff performance it would be very unpopular to not resign Gordon considering that he is the team's best scorer and clutch performer. This trade would give the Bulls some cap savings on this season to give Gordon a slightly richer contract and they would add two veterans to a very young team that have expiring contracts in the all important 2010 free agency

Chicago could have a lineup of

Rose/Gordon/Speedy

Salmons/Gordon/Evans

Deng/Salmons/Evans

Thomas/Noah

Noah/Miller/Gray

Atlanta could have a lineup of

Hinrich/Law/ Anthony Carter? Travis Diener?

Johnson/Hinrich/ #19=Terrence Williams? Sam Young?

Marvin/#19

Smoove/Wilcox? Bass? Gooden? Wallace?

Horf/Zaza/Mihm? Foyle?Nesterovic? Magloire (Ha!)? Wallace?

Jarrett Jack

Rajon Rondo

Jamal Tinsley

Tony Parker

Kyle Lowry

Jordan Farmer

Aaron Brooks

Mario Chalmers

These point guards were doing their thing in his rookie season or by their first. Maynor, Lawson, or Flynn would do fine with significant minutes.

As the executive scout, I thought you would have known this.

None of them as rookies could be serious starters on a playoff team is my point.

Jack is a RFA and I think we could entice Indiana to let him go by offering Acie Law and a pick in 2010 draft.

Its funny we could have given Potland the 11th pick (the pick used to get Law) for Jack back in 2007.

We elected to keep the pick. Oh well ! Whats done is done.

No way I give up Law and a future 1st for Jack.

I would however give up Law and Speedy's expiring deal in a sign and trade for Jack. Doubt that interest the Pacers at all though.

Maybe we can trade them Woody for Jack........he is an Indiana guy and all.... :brick wall:

Our best bet would be getting TJ Ford (2 years left under contract)on the cheap so they can resign Jack. Their salary situation in all screwed up. We could give them 2 expiring contracts in Speedy and Morris (2 useless pieces) if they want salary cap relief. I don't really like Ford but I would take him if all we have to give are the 13th and 14th men off our roster.

For us to make an offer to Jack we would have to burn the bridge (resend our rights) with our current free agents. That seems extremely risky since Indy can match any offer with RFA rights.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators
For us to make an offer to Jack we would have to burn the bridge (resend our rights) with our current free agents. That seems extremely risky since Indy can match any offer with RFA rights.

Can't we use an exception or part of an exception if we want?

• Moderators
The MLE is only about 5mil plus, using it would preclude us from resigning Flip or other FAs but I'm sure the Pacers can match it regardless.

No doubt that the Pacers can match regardless of what form our $$ is in. I just wanted to get an idea whether we could sign Jack without renouncing players using an exception.

No doubt that the Pacers can match regardless of what form our $$ is in. I just wanted to get an idea whether we could sign Jack without renouncing players using an exception.

I believe the answer is yes.

However, it would seem pointless if the MLE is only $5 mill.

For us to make a realistic offer to Jack we would have to burn the bridge (resend our rights) with our current free agents. That seems extremely risky since Indy can match any offer with RFA rights

Fixed my previous post above.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators
I believe the answer is yes.

However, it would seem pointless if the MLE is only $5 mill.

How much money per year do you think Jack is going to get? I wouldn't be surprised if his deal starts around 5M - wouldn't shock me if it was less than 5M.

How much money per year do you think Jack is going to get? I wouldn't be surprised if his deal starts around 5M - wouldn't shock me if it was less than 5M.

I would hope JJack's fair cost would be around $5M....and I'd love to see him here...but I'm not married to that move.

Hinrich might be better. Man....I hope Sund is smart. :Nail Biting:

I'd love to see what this starting lineup could do

C - Amare Stoudemire

PF - Al Horford

SF - Smoove

SG - JJ

PG - Kirk Hinrich

RUN RUN RUN.........................................

Edited by DJlaysitup

In order for the Hawks to be legit contenders they will have to be an elite defensive team. Boston was last year and the Cavs are now.

Hinrich is known as a tough defender. He is one of the few guys who can give Wade problems man to man. He also had a higher EFG% on his jumpers than Bibby. He has plenty of experience and would probably benefit greatly by playing next to JJ. Most likely he is the best pg we can get.

I don't think we're smart enough to get him. If we were, we would have drafted guys like him. He doesn't have enough "game" as the idiots say.