• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rick Sund on 790

DeacKillsaDevil

just said Mike Woodson is coming back.

They are not gonna capitalize on the maximum potential of the fanbase. After seeing mediocre coaching and non-development of talent, bench, and an offensive system...people will probably start saving their money for Falcons season tix. I know I am. I will not go see them again until I see ownership take steps to improve the team.

• Premium Member

I caught the tail end where there was more Lebron Love than you can find at a Cleveland restroom stall.

Still, the fact that Woody is coming back is financial I'm sure. The question is, will we bring in an offensive coordinator? Our ownership has to see the possibility of how good we could be if we bring in a guy designated to train our offense (Beyond Iso Joe).

I caught the tail end where there was more Lebron Love than you can find at a Cleveland restroom stall.

Still, the fact that Woody is coming back is financial I'm sure. The question is, will we bring in an offensive coordinator? Our ownership has to see the possibility of how good we could be if we bring in a guy designated to train our offense (Beyond Iso Joe).

IF... And it's a big if.... This team makes the playoffs next season, they'll just average 75PPG and struggle to win again. These owners are no better than Sterling.

They are not gonna capitalize on the maximum potential of the fanbase. After seeing mediocre coaching and non-development of talent, bench, and an offensive system...people will probably start saving their money for Falcons season tix. I know I am. I will not go see them again until I see ownership take steps to improve the team.

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read on here that the Hawks are among the tops in the league in season ticket sales for next season??? I was hoping this was true.

We all knew Woodson was coming back. It was inevitable. Not surprising news.

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read on here that the Hawks are among the tops in the league in season ticket sales for next season??? I was hoping this was true.

We all knew Woodson was coming back. It was inevitable. Not surprising news.

Let me research it, but I thought the Hawks had one of the biggest increase in ticket sales

Woodson has been the longest tenured worthless coach in my memory.

Stop spending $ on their products and maybe they will change their tune; or go broke and have to sell the team.

BOYCOTT

That's just it. Finances had to play a key role in bringing Woody back. He's cheap.

• Premium Member

They weren't going to fire him because of how cheap his contract is. They can give lip service to two playoff appearances and a fourth seed bla bla BLA but anyone watching the games can see how bad of a coach he is. We have no offensive gameplan whatsoever. I have never seen a team that with one coach over this long of a span that has NO offensive identity or gameplan. Iso this Iso that cycle passes on the perimeter to get a three point shot for someone = the entirety of Atlanta Hawks basketball.

They weren't going to fire him because of how cheap his contract is. They can give lip service to two playoff appearances and a fourth seed bla bla BLA but anyone watching the games can see how bad of a coach he is. We have no offensive gameplan whatsoever. I have never seen a team that with one coach over this long of a span that has NO offensive identity or gameplan. Iso this Iso that cycle passes on the perimeter to get a three point shot for someone = the entirety of Atlanta Hawks basketball.

Dead on. People outside the organization, media, bandwagon fans, etc. that don't see Atlanta play on a consistent basis have no clue about our ineptness offensively. They may get a taste during the playoffs...but unless you watch the Hawks consistently, people are blinded by the improving record each year, and playoff appearances. We would be burned at the stake by the media if Woodson was let go. But his shortcomings as an offensive coach are overshadowed by wins and losses in everyone's eyes but the people who sit through the games every other night....

This move just shows how inept ownership is at this point.

Now that I am starting to move into a financial position to start buying season tickets, I won't. I just can't stand the thought of watching Woodson on the sidelines for 41 games.

Oh, well. I will go to Falcons and get good seats.

Good move ASG, you cut off your nose to spite your face. :go ahead:

This move just shows how inept ownership is at this point.

Now that I am starting to move into a financial position to start buying season tickets, I won't. I just can't stand the thought of watching Woodson on the sidelines for 41 games.

Oh, well. I will go to Falcons and get good seats.

Good move ASG, you cut off your nose to spite your face. :go ahead:

"They are not gonna capitalize on the maximum potential of the fanbase. After seeing mediocre coaching and non-development of talent, bench, and an offensive system...people will probably start saving their money for Falcons season tix. I know I am. I will not go see them again until I see ownership take steps to improve the team."

I'm way ahead of you my man!!

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

I've already lost all respect for Rick Sund.

Me too!! This puts Woodson at ease and thinking that he is going about coaching the right way...management should have kept mum on the situation to put him in a hot seat so he can do some thinking outside the box and re-assess the season to see what he coulda, shoulda done differently

• Premium Member
What did you guys expect?

It was clear since he was given the two-year extensiont that he would finish it out. Woodson did what he needed to do to avoid being fired.

Exactly. Why whine about something you KNEW was going to happen? However, he could always get fired mid-season for poor performance. I'm not saying that I want to see anybody get fired, I'm just putting it out there. But I don't see Woodson's coaching as something that will stop me from supporting this team. I think we will be even better next season as our players continue to improve. Hey, Woody may even surprise us with an actual OFFENSE next season. Stranger things have happened.

Edited by hawkman

Exactly. Why whine about something you KNEW was going to happen? However, he could always get fired mid-season for poor performance. I'm not saying that I want to see anybody get fired, I'm just putting it out there. But I don't see Woodson's coaching as something that will stop me from supporting this team. I think we will be even better next season as our players continue to improve. Hey, Woody even may surprise us with an actual OFFENSE next season. Stranger things have happened.

I'm not holding my breath. Haven't seen it during his tenure, no reason to think much will change.