• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anansi puts on the GM hat

Anansi

Hey folks, I know I'm new to this board but I've been reading here for a while. I see everybody posting what they would do to "fix" the Hawks. IMO a 47 win team doesn't need much fixing. If anything it needs tweaking of course the best way to do that would be to fire Woodson but since that isn't happening I would:

Let Bibby walk, I hate to say it but he is a defensive liability out there.

Resign Zaza and Flip Murray.

Sign Reymond Felton or Jarrett Jack

Draft BJ Mullens at number 19 and Emir Preldzic at 49

The question now becomes do we resign Marvin? Assuming we can resign him at a FAIR price your Atlanta Hawks are now:

Felton, Law

Johnson, Murray

Williams, Evans, Preldzic

Smith, Horford

Horford, Za Za, BJ Mullens,

Or we can always try to swing a trade with Memphis for Mike Conely considering the fact that they may take Ricky Rubio.

• Moderators

Welcome to the board!

When I saw the draft lottery results, my first thought was that I would definitely be on the phone with Memphis to see if I could get Conley or Rubio.

• Premium Member
Hey folks, I know I'm new to this board but I've been reading here for a while. I see everybody posting what they would do to "fix" the Hawks. IMO a 47 win team doesn't need much fixing. If anything it needs tweaking of course the best way to do that would be to fire Woodson but since that isn't happening I would:

The question now becomes do we resign Marvin? Assuming we can resign him at a FAIR price your Atlanta Hawks are now:

Felton, Law

Johnson, Murray

Smith, Horford

Or we can always try to swing a trade with Memphis for Mike Conely considering the fact that they may take Ricky Rubio.

Welcome to Hawksquawk.

Just a few things here. Memphis would not go for Marvin seeing that they have Gay. I think they would go for Smoove or Horf in a major way, but I don't think we would give them Smoove or Horf for Conley. It does bring a question though... Would we be willing to give them Horf for Rubio? Just imagine both teams for a second:

They would have:

Conley, Mayo, Gay, Horf and Gasol as their starters.

We would have:

Rubio, JJ, Williams, Smoove, and Center tobe named later as our starting 5.

I guess the real question is: Do you think Rubio is that good? The second question is are we willing to give up on Horf?

As far as Center to be named later... there are plenty.

Off the top: Heywood or Dalembert would probably be available for Speedy... and Speedy and Resigned Chillz could prolly get us Dampiere... Finally, we haven't said a thing about LAC. They may take Chillz for Camby... And they definitely would consider giving us Kaman for Chillz/Speedy.

Welcome to Hawksquawk.

Off the top: Heywood or Dalembert would probably be available for Speedy... and Speedy and Resigned Chillz could prolly get us Dampiere... Finally, we haven't said a thing about LAC. They may take Chillz for Camby... And they definitely would consider giving us Kaman for Chillz/Speedy.

Speedy for Heywood would be sweet.

We would need to add some serious salary Dalembert for Speedy swap. Not sure the 76ers are looking to dump his salary just yet buit if they are I would like to have him.

No thanks on Dampier. He is finished and over payed.

• Premium Member
Speedy for Heywood would be sweet.

We would need to add some serious salary Dalembert for Speedy swap. Not sure the 76ers are looking to dump his salary just yet buit if they are I would like to have him.

No thanks on Dampier. He is finished and over payed.

Yeah, somebody got to go in Washington. My guess is that they will move Heywood and let Blatche and McVale play it out.

I wouldn't mind Blatche if we could get him.

The only question about Heywood is how bad is he injured? If he comes back close to 100%, then Sund needs to be on the phone getting this deal done. Washington is too far over the cap this year and agent Zero, Butler, and Jamison are going to murder their cap next year.

Welcome to Hawksquawk.

Just a few things here. Memphis would not go for Marvin seeing that they have Gay. I think they would go for Smoove or Horf in a major way, but I don't think we would give them Smoove or Horf for Conley. It does bring a question though... Would we be willing to give them Horf for Rubio? Just imagine both teams for a second:

They would have:

We would have:

I guess the real question is: Do you think Rubio is that good? The second question is are we willing to give up on Horf?

i would love to get rubio here more than any other player, but no way does memphis trade him for horf. they want more size than that, and would probably rather take thabeet and keep conley than trade for horf. since they were the only team to semi-seriously look at smoove last year, maybe they would trade rubio for josh, but i'd bet they'd be asking for more than that just to offset the year they would've missed by not getting him last year. smoove is really the one player i would want to see the most play alongside rubio, though. i'd just about trade any one player for him to see rubio-smoove alley oops everynight.

Could we trade Chilz rights and Speedy to the Clippers for either Camby or Caman? They are going to be so overloaded in the front court (assuming they draft Griffin) that they are going to have to move somebody. Camby could be had for probably a 2nd round pick again (that what it took to pry him from Denver) if we could get under the cap.

Felton, Law

Johnson, Murray

Smith, Horford

No. Please. No.

Could we trade Chilz rights and Speedy to the Clippers for either Camby or Caman? They are going to be so overloaded in the front court (assuming they draft Griffin) that they are going to have to move somebody. Camby could be had for probably a 2nd round pick again (that what it took to pry him from Denver) if we could get under the cap.

I think that's the route we need to go. I believe it will take more than what LA gave for Camby, but we've got the players to make something happen. You have to look at what they've got and what they'll need though.

PG-Baron Davis

SG-Eric Gordon

SF-Al Thornton

PF-Zack Randolph

C-Chris Kaman (if they deal us Marcus Camby)

That's a pretty decent offfensive 5. A little weak defensively. Add Blake Griffin to that team and you've got 6 deep rotation. Jordan looks like a legit big man. I think they may be more interested in dealing Kaman than Camby. We could probably get Kaman for Speedy and Mo. That would still leave us the flexibility of dealing Marvin in a S&T or Smoove or Horford.

They wouldn't give us Kaman, but Camby? That might be workable. They may go a little while and see if a frontline rotation of Kaman, Griffin, and Camby would work ( which it probably will ). If it didn't, Camby would probably become trade bait at the trading deadline. I know if I were the Clips, I wouldn't trade Camby until I saw how he meshed with Grif and Kaman.

• Moderators
I wouldnt trade Al Horford for Rubio and Conley. Why do we need 2 more bench pg's? We already have Acie and Speedy.

Do you see Conley as being similar to Rondo? I remember you were not very high on Rondo either and both have some of the same strengths and weaknesses.

• Premium Member
i would love to get rubio here more than any other player, but no way does memphis trade him for horf. they want more size than that, and would probably rather take thabeet and keep conley than trade for horf. since they were the only team to semi-seriously look at smoove last year, maybe they would trade rubio for josh, but i'd bet they'd be asking for more than that just to offset the year they would've missed by not getting him last year. smoove is really the one player i would want to see the most play alongside rubio, though. i'd just about trade any one player for him to see rubio-smoove alley oops everynight.

They have Gasol. Horf goes in as a PF. Believe me, they'd know how to use him.

Gasol, Horf, Gay, Mayo, MCJ...

That's a pretty strong squad!

Horf is better than any big coming out save dude from OU.

Do you see Conley as being similar to Rondo? I remember you were not very high on Rondo either and both have some of the same strengths and weaknesses.

I dont recall talking about Rondo before the draft because he wasnt really on our radar at pick #5. I know I wanted no part of Conley at pick 3 and still would not trade Horford for him. All my rips on Rondo have come since the C's got the big 3 together. I feel that he is a product of them and is overated. If your asking if Rondo or Conley switched teams right now if Conley could be the same type of player on Boston thats a tough ? Rondo is a defender and I dont think Conley is anywhere close to him there. Im not sure what Conley would be capable of on offense if he went virtually unguarded because he was playing with 3 all pro players. If it helps you know how I feel I would not trade Horford for Rondo either, no way. While Rondo would make us all forgte about Bibbys defense we would quickly remember we used to have a guy that could knock down the open shots when JJ gets doubled.

• Premium Member
I dont recall talking about Rondo before the draft because he wasnt really on our radar at pick #5. I know I wanted no part of Conley at pick 3 and still would not trade Horford for him. All my rips on Rondo have come since the C's got the big 3 together. I feel that he is a product of them and is overated. If your asking if Rondo or Conley switched teams right now if Conley could be the same type of player on Boston thats a tough ? Rondo is a defender and I dont think Conley is anywhere close to him there. Im not sure what Conley would be capable of on offense if he went virtually unguarded because he was playing with 3 all pro players. If it helps you know how I feel I would not trade Horford for Rondo either, no way. While Rondo would make us all forgte about Bibbys defense we would quickly remember we used to have a guy that could knock down the open shots when JJ gets doubled.

hmmm... He carried Boston over Chicago and averaged 17 points 10 rebounds and 10 assists per game in the playoffs... I don't know how you can disregard his play by saying he is a product of the big "three" since he put up those numbers on a team without Kevin Garnett a Ray Allen that shot 403% and a Pierce that shot 43%... Non of this takes into account his defense which is All NBA first team caliber.

yeah, and he is only 23.

Rondo is on another stratosphere compared to Bibby... And is definitely a better player than Horford... In fact there is probably not a single player on our team that we could trade for Rondo straight up.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Welcome to the board!

When I saw the draft lottery results, my first thought was that I would definitely be on the phone with Memphis to see if I could get Conley or Rubio.

That's what I was thinking also, Memphis is in a strange spot. They have a good young point guard and really don't need help at center with Marc Gasol coming off of a very solid rookie season and Darko as his back up. They really need a PF but is Jordan Hill really worth that spot in the draft?

Welcome to Hawksquawk.

They would have:

We would have:

You are correct that is the real question, a Horford for Rubio trade makes sense for both teams however Horford seems to be the heart and soul of the hawks team and I'm not sure it would be in our best interest to part with him for Rubio. Then again I wouldn't want to part with Josh Smith and as already been noted they don't have a need for Marvin.

Decent shot at making the makeover. I'd go for Felton. Not sure about the center in the draft. Welcome.

Thanks, I'm not a fan of BJ Mullens to be honest but I do know that at the spot we are picking at he may be the only big worth picking up. We already tried the rookie point guard route and seen that Mike Woodson is not going to develop one properly so we almost have no choice but to go after a big in the draft.