• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks reportedly shopping Smoove

txsting

Injury or no injury, Al didn't do much this season anywayz... And he sure as hell did not play good enough to trade Smoove. It wouldn't surprise me though, because the hawks owners are idiots. So Trading Smoove , a homegrown talent would be a HUGE mistake .. If the Hawks think the fans will continue to support this franchise after doing so, they are fools..

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Round out the roster" was refering to Thabeet (a true 7'3'' center) and a veteran. I also like the idea of Bynum from the Lakers that some guys have thrown out.

Bosh and Stoudemire are both young allstars who are 10 X more consistent then Smith is. If we could get one of them to sign a contract extension it would be a great deal. From the way Stoudemire talks about Atlanta all the time he may be willing to do it.

God no to Bynum and I am a Lakers fan as well. No Bosh either since he can not play the Center position. I would like to be part of the three team deal with Cavs/Suns for Amare. We get Amare and Boobie Gibson, Cavs get Shaq + fillers, and the Suns get Josh Smith and Verejao + fillers and draft picks.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

this is a mess if indeed true.

Having said that perhaps Sund could parlay Smoove for Richard Jefferson and the 10th pick, with the stipulation that another deal has been swung that sends #10 and #19 along with next year's #1 for a top 4 pick that lands Thabeet.

Thabeet

Horford

Jefferson

Joe

Bibby

Marvin is your 6th man.

Wacky I know.

this is a mess if indeed true.

Having said that perhaps Sund could parlay Smoove for Richard Jefferson and the 10th pick, with the stipulation that another deal has been swung that sends #10 and #19 along with next year's #1 for a top 4 pick that lands Thabeet.

Thabeet

Horford

Jefferson

Joe

Bibby

Marvin is your 6th man.

Wacky I know.

Why Richard Jefferson? Smith value is much higher than that. We can get an expiring All Star for Smith like Bosh and Amare. Why settle for trash, he's not Al Harrington.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Why Richard Jefferson? Smith value is much higher than that. We can get an expiring All Star for Smith like Bosh and Amare. Why settle for trash, he's not Al Harrington.

I think that lineup I quoted is probably better than the one the Hawks ran out there last year. I don't agree that the Hawks can turn Smoove into Bosh. Amare is questionable.

However, if we trade Smoove for Amare are we trading to be trading or accomplishing something?

RJ was simply a suggestion to get a player to compliment Joe and a Center with a limited offensive repertoire.

• Premium Member
Injury or no injury, Al didn't do much this season anywayz...

People say that like Smith really contributed that much more than Horford other than help defense.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/tiny.cgi?id=Rbxuq

Smith is better at getting to the line, helpside D, and steals.

Horford is better at shooting/scoring efficiently, offensive rebounds, and defensive rebounds.

They were comparable at passing efficiency, shotblocking, and turnovers. (I will leave man defense out of the discussion because it is such a subjective topic).

As long as you replace Smith's weakside shotblocking, you could actually have a better team. Why? Smith is not a good rebounder, not a smart player, and not an efficient scorer. His ability to get to the line would easily be offset by the fact that Marvin would have his hands on the ball more.

I think that lineup I quoted is probably better than the one the Hawks ran out there last year. I don't agree that the Hawks can turn Smoove into Bosh. Amare is questionable.

However, if we trade Smoove for Amare are we trading to be trading or accomplishing something?

RJ was simply a suggestion to get a player to compliment Joe and a Center with a limited offensive repertoire.

I am just going by value and importance to the team. Amare is a #1 scorer, JJ can now play his role as the #2 option and play great defense and well as be the play maker without having to be the #1 scorer as well. Horford goes to his natural position. We can sign Josh C. back to play SG if Marvin demands are too high. Just my opinion. Richard Jefferson is a role player, we have a better one named Marvin who is younger and better. That draft pick is weak for what our needs are.

Sekou seemed confident that the Hawks wouldn't be interested in Amare, but might be interested in Bosh, for what it's worth.

We will see, only time can tell... Some of the ppl I talked to during the season said there was interest in Amare but they also said that New Orleans was shopping CP3 but wasn't going to pull the trigger.

I also think that there's a great chance that any trade for Smith will have to include the other team taking Speedy so it could end up being a pretty big deal that might bring us back 2-3 veteran players plus a high lottery pick.

Also I say HELL NO to giving up future draft picks, never again unless we have multiple picks in one year as far as I am concerned.

I am just going by value and importance to the team. Amare is a #1 scorer, JJ can now play his role as the #2 option and play great defense and well as be the play maker without having to be the #1 scorer as well. Horford goes to his natural position. We can sign Josh C. back to play SG if Marvin demands are too high. Just my opinion. Richard Jefferson is a role player, we have a better one named Marvin who is younger and better. That draft pick is weak for what our needs are.

my suggestion was contingent on a draft day deal previously agreed upon that nets the Hawks a top 4 pick as well that the trigger is pulled on once that pick comes up and Thabeet is still on the board.

I do not suggest the Hawks trade Smoove for RJ and the #10 with the intentions of selecting someone at #10.

Once again - wacky idea.

my suggestion was contingent on a draft day deal previously agreed upon that nets the Hawks a top 4 pick as well that the trigger is pulled on once that pick comes up and Thabeet is still on the board.

I do not suggest the Hawks trade Smoove for RJ and the #10 with the intentions of selecting someone at #10.

Once again - wacky idea.

I agree if we were getting Thabeet but why not trade for Thabeet straight up.

Corrected. It is a pretty safe bet that it wasn't the Memphis GM that came up with the trade kicker. It was almost certainly Smiths agent who probably wasn't happy with the Hawks refusal to negotiate.

If Smith is traded the Hawks might have to include some cash to take the sting out of the trade kicker.

If they are shopping smith i seriously doubt it would be for a salary dump since his contract isn't bad relative to his production and talent.

Or, Smith could waive the trade kicker if we sent him to a team he liked. Probably just insurance against getting sent to Utah . . .

By the way, I don't believe it's anything but speculation. No way it's a salary dump, we're already one of the better positioned teams salary wise. It'd have to be for talent or it'd never happen.

Smoove can't be traded to Memphis, plus we could parlay the #19 pick and a pick in the mid 20s next year into a great compliment to Joe.

I was thinking that.. I don't know how we can get Thabeet

Or, Smith could waive the trade kicker if we sent him to a team he liked. Probably just insurance against getting sent to Utah . . .

By the way, I don't believe it's anything but speculation. No way it's a salary dump, we're already one of the better positioned teams salary wise. It'd have to be for talent or it'd never happen.

We can't waive that, his agent put that in the contract.

I also think that there's a great chance that any trade for Smith will have to include the other team taking Speedy so it could end up being a pretty big deal that might bring us back 2-3 veteran players plus a high lottery pick.

Also I say HELL NO to giving up future draft picks, never again unless we have multiple picks in one year as far as I am concerned.

For the right guys that would be sweet. Sund has said a lot of times he doens't want to get younger.

• Premium Member
Smoove for Chris Paul. You heard it here first.

my source has not confirmed that

Nothing worse than a journalist talking out of his *ss. Trading Smoove for anyone not named, Bosh, Howard, Kobe, Lebron, CP3 or Carmelo is akin to the Nique trade. We would go from drawing 15,000 a night to 10,000....even if we won 60 games. In Atlanta you have to be good AND exciting.....ask the Braves.