"Lets be honest Coach Woodson never respected my game." straight from Acie

Cwell

Acie is right. Woodson never respected "his game."

By the way, "respect my game" is the stupidest phrase for a professional basketball player to use. It's a team game.

I don't know why you went out of your way to bash Acie for that comment, because that's obviously not what he meant. He meant his personal ability to contribute to the team. Saying "my game" is just a quicker and easier way of saying it.

90% of the time, "respect my game" has nothing to do with the other 4 players on the court.

Nothing against Acie. It's a fairly common phrase. Still a stupid one.

yes it does. It means that the coach didn't respect the way he knew how to contribute to the team. His game helps his teammates get easier shots and have an easier time on defense not having to worry about somebody's guy running uncovered. Woodson never let Acie got out there and play HIS game the way he lets guys like Flip play HIS game. Flips stregnth is just scoring and Woodson let him do that. Acie strengths was having the ball in his hands and running the team, instead he had Acie in the corner watching Joe and Flip.

The only time Acie got to play HIS game is when he went in there with the game decided and Woody took the leesh off. And everyone of those times Acie made a big impact on the game. Anyone remember the Knicks game that we got our butts kicked in and Acie went in with like 2 minutes left and almost single handedly brought us back and made it a contest?

Edited by Cwell

90% of the time, "respect my game" has nothing to do with the other 4 players on the court.

That's just not true. Either that or you're talking about all those streetball shows or something. You clearly took it out of context and that isn't what Acie meant at all.

That's just not true. Either that or you're talking about all those streetball shows or something. You clearly took it out of context and that isn't what Acie meant at all.

exactly. pretty much every athlete says the same thing. nothing selfish about it.

Well there are good points to be made on both sides but I am going with Woodson on this one, and believe me I have issues with Woodson. But I have a really hard time believing Woody just had some personal issue with Acie and refused to play him even though he knew he could help the team. After all, Woodson has a job to do and putting the best product out there to win games will ultimately decide if he has a job or not. Why would he not play Acie unless he knew more than we know about how he looked in practice, his maturity and how he played within the system. Good luck to Acie but I don't think he ever earned his playing time.

Acie is right. Woodson never respected "his game."

By the way, "respect my game" is the stupidest phrase for a professional basketball player to use. It's a team game.

You're right H. Once again he used a poor choice of words. If he would have said Woodson never saw my contributions as helping this team, then he would have sounded more mature. Respect my game has a arrogant connotation to it no matter who says it. And certainly Acie had no room to be talking about his game until he really proved he could make the team better. Again, good luck to Acie. I'll be pulling for him to succeed in G State.

yes it does. It means that the coach didn't respect the way he knew how to contribute to the team. His game helps his teammates get easier shots and have an easier time on defense not having to worry about somebody's guy running uncovered. Woodson never let Acie got out there and play HIS game the way he lets guys like Flip play HIS game. Flips stregnth is just scoring and Woodson let him do that. Acie strengths was having the ball in his hands and running the team, instead he had Acie in the corner watching Joe and Flip.

The only time Acie got to play HIS game is when he went in there with the game decided and Woody took the leesh off. And everyone of those times Acie made a big impact on the game. Anyone remember the Knicks game that we got our butts kicked in and Acie went in with like 2 minutes left and almost single handedly brought us back and made it a contest?

Yep . . just like Salim used to do. Salim once scored 24 points in the 4th quarter alone, and almost beat the Hornets . . after the Hawks were down 26.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?g...03&period=4

Unfortunately, Salim was highly inconsistent, too small to play the 2, and not fundamentally sound enough to play and guard the 1. But we got a taller version of Salim ( Crawford ), so we'll see how that works out.

Like the others, I'll root for Acie. But it's not like Acie is the guaranteed starting PG with the Warriors. If the Warriors keep Curry, he's going to be in a similar situation with the Warriors, that he was in with Atlanta, unless he fights for playing time.

If he doesn't prove thathe should be playing, the Warriors will play Curry at the point, but trot out Ellis at the point for spot duty. He'll even have to battle C.J. Watson for the backup PG spot.

Ish, I don't know if Acie is in a better situation or not.

• Premium Member
Yep . . just like Salim used to do. Salim once scored 24 points in the 4th quarter alone, and almost beat the Hornets . . after the Hawks were down 26.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?g...03&period=4

Unfortunately, Salim was highly inconsistent, too small to play the 2, and not fundamentally sound enough to play and guard the 1. But we got a taller version of Salim ( Crawford ), so we'll see how that works out.

Like the others, I'll root for Acie. But it's not like Acie is the guaranteed starting PG with the Warriors. If the Warriors keep Curry, he's going to be in a similar situation with the Warriors, that he was in with Atlanta, unless he fights for playing time.

If he doesn't prove thathe should be playing, the Warriors will play Curry at the point, but trot out Ellis at the point for spot duty. He'll even have to battle C.J. Watson for the backup PG spot.

Ish, I don't know if Acie is in a better situation or not.

No, it's actually worse. He couldn't beat out AJ and Lue when he was 'expected" to do so here last his Rookie year. Now he has to earn a spot on a backcourt consisting of the players you mentioned above. I hope he's up to the challenge this time around. I'm actually interested to see how he does in GS.

wow some of u act like acie played major minutes and repeatedly failed to produce. i'm trying to remember one game where acie DIDN'T break down the defense and make things happen when he got his 48 secs of run. he actually tried to penetrate unlike our other guards. hope he has a great year and lights us up every time (but we win). woody u SUCK!

wow some of u act like acie played major minutes and repeatedly failed to produce. i'm trying to remember one game where acie DIDN'T break down the defense and make things happen when he got his 48 secs of run. he actually tried to penetrate unlike our other guards. hope he has a great year and lights us up every time (but we win). woody u SUCK!

yeah people make it seem like he would play 25 minutes and not do a thing. That was never the case. When he had decent minutes he made some sort of positive impact on the game. and he never got good minutes the next game after having a great performance.

Edited by Cwell

yeah people make it seem like he would play 25 minutes and not do a thing. That was never the case. When he had decent minutes he made some sort of positive impact on the game. and he never got good minutes the next game after having a great performance.

what about there was a game against the cavs in cleveland? i remember he played pretty good in the 4th.

when you are a first round lottery pick. you should automatically warrant some play time like a blowout game with either winning or losing by 20. acie didn't get any. why? i still don't get it. does acie really that suck? i do not think so.

what about there was a game against the cavs in cleveland? i remember he played pretty good in the 4th.

when you are a first round lottery pick. you should automatically warrant some play time like a blowout game with either winning or losing by 20. acie didn't get any. why? i still don't get it. does acie really that suck? i do not think so.

Well for one thing we had very few blowouts either way during the regular season last year if I remember correctly. But I do agree that he should have gotten more PT which leads me to believe that it was an issue with the way that he handled himself off the court that Woodson didn't like and caused him to live in the proverbial "doghouse".

I think that if Acie hadn't gotten hurt early his rookie year he probably would have ended up as our starting PG and who knows where he and the Hawks might be now but I'm glad that it worked out this way since we made the playoffs twice and now we have a pretty solid backcourt.

Good luck to Acie though I have hope for him, just very little expectation.

Well for one thing we had very few blowouts either way during the regular season last year if I remember correctly. But I do agree that he should have gotten more PT which leads me to believe that it was an issue with the way that he handled himself off the court that Woodson didn't like and caused him to live in the proverbial "doghouse".

a few guys in the past that acted that way ended up in his doghouse, salim, acie, even veteran anthony johnson, or maybe even joel przybilla. josh smith is having some kind of an issue, lucky he's good enough and a fan favor. i guess in real life if you talk to your boss saying i'm right and you're wrong even when it's reallly you are right and he's really wrong. you'll end up like that. and boy don't i learn that in real life :sad: