• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou says Rockets are after ZazA

NJHAWK

"Now that Gortat is off the board my spies tell me the Rocket are targeting Zaza. Hawks better be careful that they don’t miss out on all the quality bigs".

He also says Chills is still in MIl and they have mutual interest. Bibby is going to be taken care of. Its on page 4 of this blog.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2009/07/02/chil...age-4/#comments

Edited by NJHAWK

"Now that Gortat is off the board my spies tell me the Rocket are targeting Zaza. Hawks better be careful that they don’t miss out on all the quality bigs".

He also says Chills is still in MIl and they have mutual interest. Bibby is going to be taken care of. Its on page 4 of this blog.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2009/07/02/chil...age-4/#comments

i hope we get him back and quick plus i agree with sekou when he said "I think Zaza has to return and you have to grab another one (McDyess, Wilcox, Frye, Bass or whoever) to fortify the group"

• Premium Member

I love Sekou but he tends to just put stuff out before checking. No problem for message board people but not good for a pro.

Remember this is Sekou. Also remember that Houston has no cap space or exceptions to sign Z. They used their MLE on Ariza. I don't know what Sekou's spies are talking about, only thing would be a SNT and in that case we get something in return.

Sekou is almost 100% correct on the spy type issues. His problems come when its time to do cap laws and math.

Edited by NJHAWK

Sekou is almost 100% correct on the spy type issues. His problems come when its time to do cap laws and math.

Doesn't surprise me that Houston may or may not be looking at Zaza. With Yao's career in jeopardy, my assumption is that Houston would be targeting any and all bigs that may be available.

Also remember that Houston has no cap space or exceptions to sign Z.

if yao's out for the season, possibly longer, wouldn't they have insurance to cover ~80% of his salary like we did with speedy? that would be a nice chunk of change to work with. not sure how long it would take for all the paperwork on that to go through, but hopefully it would tie them up long enough for the hawks to resign him first.

I can't wait until Zaza is out of Atlanta... He's worthless. However, i don't wanna see that happening until we get another big man.

this is probably Antonio McDyess. lol

It would be nice to have a big man who can rebound and block shots. Zaza can rebound but the Hawks need a shot blocker also.Can the Hawks get one player to do both?

Not in the free agency. There are options to get a center like that via trade. One center that comes to mind when you say those things is Marcus Camby (10.3 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 2.1 BPG). I also hear the Hornets are shopping Tyson Chandler again.

Am I in the minority thinking that ZaZa has been really underrated/underappreciated player these past few years and it will be a huge loss if the Hawks lose him? He probably now for the 1st time is getting the recognitition he deserves. As much as I would like to see the Hawks sign more great FA's I am thinking it is more important to be resigning their own FA's (ZaZa, Bibby, Williams, Jones, Murray, etc.). It would be nice to see the Hawks sign a 7' Center who can rebound and block shots but I am not sure that players exists in this FA group?