• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would hate if we traded Chillz for Bowen!

JTB

Im sorry but the trade talk of us getting bowen for chillz is killing me. This dude is so dirty.I really cant stand his *ss ATL he makes me so upset. I dont think some of you have seen the things he has done: check this vid out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrKIGde7Qk

I would rather keep Chillz or get kurt thomas in return than Bum *ss Bowen. I really hope we trade with another team and not the bucks to be honest!!!

Sorry for the language but I cant stand to even think about Bowen in a Hawks uni. It makes me sick to my stomach, if it does happen though i hope he dont do dirty plays but i seriously doubt it.

Why dont we want to keep chillz or go after someone else?

Bruce Bowen is a respected defender and would fill a position we need, a backup SF. He could also show Marvin how to play a little nasty too. I think he'd be a good fit here in Atlanta, especially since we need some defensive players off the bench.

Bruce Bowen is a respected defender and would fill a position we need, a backup SF. He could also show Marvin how to play a little nasty too. I think he'd be a good fit here in Atlanta, especially since we need some defensive players off the bench.

i agree. with crawford and teague added, as well as bibby returning, we def need some defensive pressence added to the team, cause no one's gonna stop opposing guards' drives. i don't like bowen's play on a personal level, i think he's a cheap shot artist, but he's one of those players that if he's on the court, you want him on your side, not the other. he's living off of cheap shots (some might call it veteran savvy), knowing he can get away with it more times than not, and it does get into opposing player's heads and give them a second thought on driving the lane knowing he might do some crazy ish if they do. there are a few tricks (not neccessaryily the flagrent crap he does) that marvin and others could pick up from him. it's often all about what you can get away with, within the rules and outside of the rules. unfortunately, boyscouts don't always win in the league. there's plenty of stretching of the boarders, whether it's holding/tugging on jerseys, taking 3 steps instead of 2 1/2 to the basket, lebron's crab dribble, whatever. but until the league enforces the rules on a stricter and blind justice manner, there are going to be guys like bowen playing and lebron bulldozing defenders and getting the and 1.

chillz doesn't want to be here, bowen will help us out (even if only for a few minutes a game). bring em in.

i agree. with crawford and teague added, as well as bibby returning, we def need some defensive pressence added to the team, cause no one's gonna stop opposing guards' drives. i don't like bowen's play on a personal level, i think he's a cheap shot artist, but he's one of those players that if he's on the court, you want him on your side, not the other. he's living off of cheap shots (some might call it veteran savvy), knowing he can get away with it more times than not, and it does get into opposing player's heads and give them a second thought on driving the lane knowing he might do some crazy ish if they do. there are a few tricks (not neccessaryily the flagrent crap he does) that marvin and others could pick up from him. it's often all about what you can get away with, within the rules and outside of the rules. unfortunately, boyscouts don't always win in the league. there's plenty of stretching of the boarders, whether it's holding/tugging on jerseys, taking 3 steps instead of 2 1/2 to the basket, lebron's crab dribble, whatever. but until the league enforces the rules on a stricter and blind justice manner, there are going to be guys like bowen playing and lebron bulldozing defenders and getting the and 1.

chillz doesn't want to be here, bowen will help us out (even if only for a few minutes a game). bring em in.

Couldn't agree more!

While I am a fan a Bruce Bowen and he brings a toughness to this team. Wait til' the Bucks waive him and get someone else for Childress if we have to let Chill go.

Give him Mo's minutes and put him on D with any star (guard-forward) player. Bowen is much better defensively than Mo and he is a better shooter than Mo. it is a win-win.

Edited by GameTime

H e would be good to retaliate vs Lebrons dirty ayss. Other than that we havent much need for a cheap player like that. He would wind up pizzen somebody off and they would take it out on somebody like JJ and get him hurt.

H e would be good to retaliate vs Lebrons dirty ayss. Other than that we havent much need for a cheap player like that. He would wind up pizzen somebody off and they would take it out on somebody like JJ and get him hurt.

Most likely the guy he pisses off will be the other teams best player and I doubt they'd take the chance of getting a flagrant or suspended trying to hurt a 240 pounder.

We need more intensity. Bowen gets under player's skin and pushes them over that limit. Chill isn't coming back. I doubt he signs a contract with another team just because he fears the Hawks would match it. Bowen would give us a good defensive backup at the 3.

Why dont we want to keep chillz or go after someone else?

We have no room under the cap to sign other team's free agents except for the MLE and that MLE is likely going toward a big like Gooden or Wilcox.

Chillz is the one who does not want to be here. The Hawks made him a reasonable offer last year to stay..........no other NBA team has made him an offer in either of the last 2 off seasons but the Hawks. (Weak sign and trade offers, like the Bowen offer, are ridiculous. )

Chillz'z head appears to be as big as his fro. He wants 4 X more money then Mo Evans........problem is he is not 4 X better then Mo Evans.

He can stay in Greece for all I care. The Hawks have moved on without him. He made his bed in Greece.......time for him to go back and sleep in it. He has no reason to hold this grudge against the Hawks.

Edited by coachx

I never realized he was that much of a scumbag. If I was commish and I saw the way he was intentinally trying to hurt people all the time I would be giving him Ron Artest type suspensions and eventually ban him from the league. I cant believe he wasnt suspended for the season with that kick to Wally Z's face. Somebody on Wallys team should have put Bowen's face into the court Todd Bertuzzi style.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member
I never realized he was that much of a scumbag. If I was commish and I saw the way he was intentinally trying to hurt people all the time I would be giving him Ron Artest type suspensions and eventually ban him from the league. I cant believe he wasnt suspended for the season with that kick to Wally Z's face. Somebody on Wallys team should have put his face into the court Todd Bertuzzi style.

Keep Bowen away from this team. He's as dirty as they come on the court. That's NOT the kind of basketball I want to see and that's NOT a good example for the young players on this team.

I think he's a great example for the team.

After all he's got more championship rings by himself than the entire Hawks roster combined.

In fact has anyone on the Hawks roster won a title? Bowen has been there and done that, and he can guard the opposing team's best player.

After watching that youtube clip I want Bowen even more.

He's smart. He kicked his leg out after defending the Jumper because it gets in guy's heads. All of his plays outside of the one he kicked Chris Paul in the chest on an argument can be made that he was playing fiesty basketball.

Oh and yeah, Chris Paul got called for an offensive foul on the play that Bowen kicked him in the chest.

I want that guy.

He no longer can guard the other teams best scorer. He is washed up like Kevin Willis was washed up when we signed him a few years back. Id rather have Mario West. Bowen has rings but they are tag along rings, its not like he was going to win without tagging along with Timmy, Manu, Parker, Wade and Shaq.

I think he's a great example for the team.

After all he's got more championship rings by himself than the entire Hawks roster combined.

In fact has anyone on the Hawks roster won a title? Bowen has been there and done that, and he can guard the opposing team's best player.

We traded away our only championship veteran in Mr. Craig Claxton, we have a hole now on our bench that can only be replaced by championship experience......

Bowen is that championship experience....... *dramatic thunder*

lol at some comments on this board.... WHo the f*** cares if Bowen is dirty or not, as long as he is on our team... Bowen is a warrior on defensive end at least he used to be, i would gladly welcome him to this team if he still has some of that...