• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks make offer, Andersen rejects it.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Yeah, good call, DrR.

Budinger -for- Andersen's rights makes sense for both teams. The Rockets don't have room for Budinger at the 3 anyway.

In Atlanta, he'd be a cheap role player. A good shooter who can run the floor. You have Marvin, Evans, and Joe for defense at the 3.

From El Mundo Deportivo

It says that the Hawks have made an offer to Anderson (yes, they too spelled it wrong), but he has found it "insufficient" (too low an offer). They are speculating that this is likely the Hawks' best offer because of the money they already committed to Zaza and Bibby.

So, AndersEn has asked the Hawks to trade his rights to another team that has the money and interest. It specifically mentions the Rockets as a probability.

Okay I know I don't keep up to much with players overseas. If David Anderson was that good he would be in the NBA by now plz give me a break. Prove yourself over here first, I mean first Rubio now this dude go eat a huge slice of Humble PIE

• Like 1

How about just cash. How much could we get and then we could use it to sign a FA? Better than nothing?

that sounds good to me, don't really think anyone is going to give us any player of substance for a european who has never played in the NBA and is pushing it in the age department. Money seems like our best option rite now!

Yeah, good call, DrR.

Budinger -for- Andersen's rights makes sense for both teams. The Rockets don't have room for Budinger at the 3 anyway.

In Atlanta, he'd be a cheap role player. A good shooter who can run the floor. You have Marvin, Evans, and Joe for defense at the 3.

Do salaries work? If so, I think that's the best option we have with Houston. I actually thought Budinger was gonna be a 1st round pick but he fell to the 2nd round. I'd like to get him, he's an exciting player to watch. Getting him would really really make us THE HIGHLIGHT FACTORY. :super:

We definetly need Budinger, Indiana is whopping our butts by cornering the market on white American ball players. He could be a win-win for us, just last year he was considered a lottery pick and it'll be beyond fun watching him and Smoove trade flashy dunks at the end of blowout wins :super:

Do salaries work? If so, I think that's the best option we have with Houston. I actually thought Budinger was gonna be a 1st round pick but he fell to the 2nd round. I'd like to get him, he's an exciting player to watch. Getting him would really really make us THE HIGHLIGHT FACTORY. :super:

Yeah he reminds me of a young Brent Barry. An absolute steal if Sund can pull this off. He will be that guy off the bench.

But again we need to be at least Top 10 in pace this year. All of our players (except Zaza, and possibly Bibby but maybe he stop skipping as much) are athletic.

We can't be 24th in pace this year.

Edited by GameTime

How about a s-n-t of Childress/Andersen/2nd rd pick for Battier/Landry?

I'm not a cap expert but even I know that is an impossible trade. Battier and Landry are making 9 million together and I know for fact that we'd only be able to take back close to half of whatever contract Chills signs once it's eligibile for BYC.

I'm not a cap expert but even I know that is an impossible trade. Battier and Landry are making 9 million together and I know for fact that we'd only be able to take back close to half of whatever contract Chills signs once it's eligibile for BYC.

That's not necessarily true. MrH and HF please forgive me as it's 1am and I'm not going to look this up but there is a dollar amount that Childress can make without becoming BYC. Add that to a signed by the Hawks Andersen and I'm pretty sure we could make that deal if you're right that Battier/Landry are making 9 million (which I also didn't look up).

It's disappointing that Andersen turned us down but this might not be our final offer. I am VERY HAPPY to hear that we did make an offer though so that's positive news.

We have got to do something with Andersen and I really do hope that we get to trade him somewhere this offseason. If Houston is a choice, how about Shane Battier?

Mo Evans + David Andersen (3-4 Million contract) for Shane Battier?

Shane Battier is the way way way better version of Mo Evans. He was in my opinion the defensive player of the year last year, adding him into our mix would be amazing.

WANT!!! :laugh:

Edited by ZanarkandStarAEast

Does anyone know how much the offer was for? I mean how much does he expect being an unproven talent.

DA's not unproven! He has proven himself in Europe for so many times, wining Euro League (Euro version of the NBA) several times... He played for 3-4 top teams and he's got more experience than most of Hawks players (except Bibby and JJ maybe)...

P.S. I would also like to know what was the offer? Then I would comment further on this subject.

Old posters on Hawksquawk know from ancient history, my favorite non Hawk player

in the NBA is Battier and I have wished ever since he entered the league that there

would be some way we could get him here.

Chills + Andersen + Evans = Battier + whoever it takes to balance it out.

That would be great with me. We lose 2 players we really don't have and

get Battier for Evans. + whoever it takes to make the trade work.

Sure, they wouldn't do that, but I can dream, can't I !!!

:cool:

I think if we trade Anderson it'd be for a future 2nd , cash or a Joey Dorsey type. Morey just bought Budinger b/c he wanted him (I assume), and with McGrady out, Yao out and Artest gone the Rockets are going to rebuilding next year anyway. It makes sense for them to go for another big, but I sorely doubt they rate Andersen highly enough to give up Battier, if they did something would have already happened on this, b/c the Hawks clearly don't want Andersen that much.

I think if we trade Anderson it'd be for a future 2nd , cash or a Joey Dorsey type. Morey just bought Budinger b/c he wanted him (I assume), and with McGrady out, Yao out and Artest gone the Rockets are going to rebuilding next year anyway. It makes sense for them to go for another big, but I sorely doubt they rate Andersen highly enough to give up Battier, if they did something would have already happened on this, b/c the Hawks clearly don't want Andersen that much.

Comparing Budinger to a young Barry is a decent thought. Not sure how much pt he'd get early but if he can shoot he will stick.

Seeing this they may not want to part with him:

Vegas: Budinger Shows Promise

By: Bill Ingram Last Updated: 7/12/09 4:11 PM ET | 149 times read

Adjust font size:Chase Budinger was a far cry from being a headline-grabber on draft night, even when the Houston Rockets acquired his rights from the Detroit Pistons, who chose him with the 44th over pick in the 2009 NBA Draft. His first game of summer league was fairly non-descript, as well, with the Arizona product recording just 11 points and five rebounds in Houston's 75-69 win over the Golden State Warriors. When the Rockets' second game turned into a horse race with the Dallas Mavericks, however, Budinger really stood out.

"I think the up and down pace of the game helped me," Budinger told HOOPSWORLD after pouring in a team-high 25 points on 9-10 shooting in a 98-95 win. "That's been my style all my life, so any time we're running it's to my advantage."

It wasn't unheard of for Budinger to fill the nets at Arizona, where he averaged 15.6 points as a freshman, 17.1 as a sophomore and 18.0 as a junior. His weakness was always the defensive end of the floor, which is what the Rockets want to see him improve on while competing in the Las Vegas Summer League.

"The biggest thing the coaches have told me to do is to play hard, play tight on my man defensively all the way up the floor, and value every minute I get out on the court."