• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Please tell me this is only a rumor

thefloydian

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/07/12/it8217s_time_to_cut_minutes/

Free agent guard Stephon Marbury, who played the end of last season for the Celtics, would prefer to be in an NBA uniform again next season. After receiving calls from Miami and Atlanta, the two-time All-Star is optimistic he will get his wish in a process he doesn’t expect to be resolved soon.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/07/12/it8217s_time_to_cut_minutes/

Free agent guard Stephon Marbury, who played the end of last season for the Celtics, would prefer to be in an NBA uniform again next season. After receiving calls from Miami and Atlanta, the two-time All-Star is optimistic he will get his wish in a process he doesn’t expect to be resolved soon.

The Hawks stupidity would have to be off the charts to sign him.

Sure hope not. Seriously doubt it, I mean I think we are kinda getting overloaded here with guards, then again we do have a lot of tweeners. We would be dumb as nails to sign him. The amount we would gain with signing him would be minimal, amount we'd lose detrimental.

Marbury behaved himself in Boston, he knows he has to control himself to make anymore money in this league. And I dont see the idea that we have too many shooters, considering that JJ is constantly doubled, Marvin is still coming into his own, Bibby is streaky, and Crawford is more known for driving. I'll take anyone with talent right now...its our only chance to close the gap between us and the top 3.

• Moderators

Marbury behaved himself in Boston, he knows he has to control himself to make anymore money in this league. And I dont see the idea that we have too many shooters, considering that JJ is constantly doubled, Marvin is still coming into his own, Bibby is streaky, and Crawford is more known for driving. I'll take anyone with talent right now...its our only chance to close the gap between us and the top 3.

Anyone who thinks his attitude is fine needs to address his play. Did you know he put up a historically bad sub-6 PER last season in both the regular and post-seasons? How bad is that? Phenomenally bad for someone who should be a mature veteran.

• 2 weeks later...

that would never happen... i would much rather keep flip

i've checked out his webcam thing off and on all day.....dude has issues....i'm glad that he's gotten a lot more low-key after the new york thing now and he seemed to grow up a bit...but still-

he's been dancing in front of a webcam off an on all day...singing to the webcam, preaching, complaining about the media.......still has that me against the world attitude.......if you say you've decided not to listen to the haters of the world anymore, why even talk about them? why even think about them? if you want to help a team and truly be a team player, why are you doing this starbury tv thing?...does this help? i don't get him, seems like he has some mental issues.