• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin may get his extension, but will he be shipped out very soon...?

HAWKS1986

..." Williams’ contract looks as though it will be five years for $40 million dollars, which breaks down to around eight million dollars a season (though the details of the contract have not been released..."

The quicker the Hawks come to an agreement with Marvin, the sooner this team can explore their options in trying to upgrade the small forward position. Many believe that Marvin will primed for a breakout year and that he is only 23, but the reality is that he is more likely to become this decade's version of Alan Henderson or a clone of Boris Diaw.

Marvin has an skillset, but he is not a leader on the floor and really doesn't desire to be one. Marvin is no Carmelo Anthony or even a Kevin Durant or Danny Granger. The Hawks have to cut their losses NOW while some teams think Marvin has potential.

Teams in the Eastern Conference are getting better, but Marvin isn't likely to take that next step and become a legitimate, consistent impact player for this Hawks team.

Alan Henderson teased with his skillset and team-first attitude, but he was injury prone and once he signed his big contract, he became an albatross for the Hawks and ended up trading him.

Marvin also resembles Boris Diaw who teased Hawks fans with his skillset, but he and Marvin have no desire to be an impact player and show up when their team needs them the most....but just do enough to get their contract extension THAT'S IT...

Sign Marvin and find a team that will take him off our hands.

Edited by HAWKS1986

..." Williams’ contract looks as though it will be five years for $40 million dollars, which breaks down to around eight million dollars a season (though the details of the contract have not been released..."

The quicker the Hawks come to an agreement with Marvin, the sooner this team can explore their options in trying to upgrade the small forward position. Many believe that Marvin will primed for a breakout year and that he is only 23, but the reality is that he is more likely to become this decade's version of Alan Henderson or a clone of Boris Diaw.

Marvin has an skillset, but he is not a leader on the floor and really doesn't desire to be one. Marvin is no Carmelo Anthony or even a Kevin Durant or Danny Granger. The Hawks have to cut their losses NOW while some teams think Marvin has potential.

Teams in the Eastern Conference are getting better, but Marvin isn't likely to take that next step and become a legitimate, consistent impact player for this Hawks team.

Alan Henderson teased with his skillset and team-first attitude, but he was injury prone and once he signed his big contract, he became an albatross for the Hawks and ended up trading him.

Marvin also resembles Boris Diaw who teased Hawks fans with his skillset, but he and Marvin have no desire to be an impact player and show up when their team needs them the most....but just do enough to get their contract extension THAT'S IT...

And the award for the dumbest post of the year goes to..................

Well, it's all true. But who the f*** are we able to get other than Marv....

well maybe if we run some offense through him he can explode. Look at the shot attempts from Marvin compared to whom was named.

ok...............................................anywho!!!!!!!!

Damn that was a stupid post. I mean really stupid.

It would be stupid to keep Marvin and give him an undeserved extension... Many were saying letting Chillz go would hurt, but the team didn't miss him at all...same thing goes for Marvin...

Even if I were to agree with you about Marvin, which I don't, it's hard to judge any player on this team offensively because of how awful the system is.

In all due respect, it doesn't really matter what kind of system Marvin is in. He will underperform, and he has no desire to be the best or be a team leader, but just to fit in.

Other teams are getting better, the Hawks are stagnating if they extend Marvin and keep him.. He has had four years to show what he can do and can't do, especially during the playoffs...

Youth had been a reliable excuse, now its that he was injured last year... It's time to cut ties with young injury-prone, excuse-ridden Marvin Williams.

• Premium Member

He has had four years to show what he can do and can't do, especially during the playoffs...

That's just it. There are many of us who are fine with the improvements Marvin has made in his game on both sides of the ball over the past four years, especially when you consider how bad this team was at the beginning of his career and how underutilized he is on offense.

He is going to be paid at a rate slightly above the league average salary. You're going to have a hard time arguing that a player this young who is a team player and a hard worker isn't going to be worth that salary.

• Premium Member

I agree with you 100%. It makes no sense to lock Marvin up so early. What has he done to deserve such treatment? If Sund is smart he'll let him play out this last year on the court. Now that is assuming that Marvin doesn't get another offer. If he gets another offer I would match but not a dollar over 5/40.

• Premium Member

I agree with you that business makes it necessary for us to sign Marvin even if we have to hold him until we can find a dealing partner.

The harder part will be finding a trading partner. The Sf position is a dime a dozen position. Anybody can play it. Given the PT, any Sf can put up the numbers that Marvin puts up. So, for other teams, Marvin is not that big of a deal. IF we give Marvin 8 per, then we're probably looking at him in a Hawks Jersey for the next 4 years. It's going to suck. We're going to be frozen in cap situations worst than Speedy froze us. It will be a lesson we will have to suffer through again. The good news is that by the time he's 28-29, I doubt that the "he's 23 crowd" would dare open their mouths to defend the albatross.

I agree with you 100%. It makes no sense to lock Marvin up so early. What has he done to deserve such treatment? If Sund is smart he'll let him play out this last year on the court. Now that is assuming that Marvin doesn't get another offer. If he gets another offer I would match but not a dollar over 5/40.

And what if marvin has a breakout year, that makes it that much harder to sign him next year. I'm not saying that that is guaranteed to happen but you never know, he's signing for just about the league average and I'll say he deserves that. Go ahead and lock him up and just take all the what ifs out of it. He fits the team well and comes at a cheap price, I don't see the problem with this.

In all due respect, it doesn't really matter what kind of system Marvin is in. He will underperform, and he has no desire to be the best or be a team leader, but just to fit in.

Other teams are getting better, the Hawks are stagnating if they extend Marvin and keep him.. He has had four years to show what he can do and can't do, especially during the playoffs...

Youth had been a reliable excuse, now its that he was injured last year... It's time to cut ties with young injury-prone, excuse-ridden Marvin Williams.

I guess we should get rid of that guy Zaza Pachulia. He just wants to "fit in" and do whatever is best for the team.

We really should get rid of those types of players..you know, the "team first" and "fit in" guys.

What a joke of a post.