• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody is a loser. Plain and simple.

Dsinner

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/07/13/hawks.bibby.ap/index.html

"Cleveland is trying to win it all," said Woodson of the Cavaliers, who have added Shaquille O'Neal as the new complement to LeBron James.

"Orlando, they're going to be there and Boston has just taken it to another level, I think."

Orlando has added Vince Carter and Brandon Bass. Boston signed Rasheed Wallace.

So where does that leave Atlanta?

"I sure hope right there at that fourth spot," Woodson said Monday.

Well that's where we'll be. 4th spot. L-O-S-E-R

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/07/13/hawks.bibby.ap/index.html

"Cleveland is trying to win it all," said Woodson of the Cavaliers, who have added Shaquille O'Neal as the new complement to LeBron James.

"Orlando, they're going to be there and Boston has just taken it to another level, I think."

ahahahaha

it's amazing this guy still has a job

Edited by thefloydian

What's so funny is that he doesn't even realize another 4th place finish and he probably won't have one.

Lol, I sure as heck hope that's what happens!!!!!!

Haha that's funny, for once the guy doesn't sound like a square. He's just speaking the truth about the top three. Be happy you're pretty much in a lock for the playoffs Hawks fan. Geez, you're pretty much right behind the big 3, what's wrong with that? Start winning road games. Plain and simple.

Truth or not, you don't want to hear you coach hope for the 4th seed in July. Especially coming off a season where you finished 4th and made it to the 2nd round. It might be different if we were the Knicks or something.

But just another example of Woodson being unqualified for the position.

What's so funny is that he doesn't even realize another 4th place finish and he probably won't have one.

I think the 4th seed would be good for the Hawks. I'm looking more towards how they compete in the playoffs. Playing VERY poorly in 3 games against an inferior opponent and getting swept in the 2nd round again won't cut it.

that statement really isn't much to work on if you want to call someone a loser. who in their right mind sees us as better than cleveland and boston when they both could have won 60 games before getting better. it's not like they imploded at the beginning of the offseason. our best case scenerio is that orlando has chemistry issues and that's where can catch them.

I wonder, if this team was able to win 58-60 games next season yet were still a 4th seed, would people still be bitching? We obviously improved but are still a 4th seed so does that make the season a failure? What if, say we duplicate our same record and seed next season but make it to the ECF. Is that considered failure?

I wonder, if this team was able to win 58-60 games next season yet were still a 4th seed, would people still be bitching? We obviously improved but are still a 4th seed so does that make the season a failure? What if, say we duplicate our same record and seed next season but make it to the ECF. Is that considered failure?

I don't mind being the 4 seed, but I am annoyed that the coach is saying he hopes we stay there in public.

Dude... This team is going to have to massively suck this year for him to lose his job. While I see something abouts of a 43-39 record this year... That will NOT get Woody fired. The rest of the east has made so many improvement while this team has not. This team has no shot of hitting 50 wins this year. The improvements other teams have made will cause the Hawks to lose a game here and there that they pulled out last season. At the end of the year, this team will have a worse record than last year.

It's not even all the Hawks fault. Largely, if guys like Sheed just want to sit on Boston's bench, what can you do?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I don't mind being the 4 seed, but I am annoyed that the coach is saying he hopes we stay there in public.

Well hate to reintroduce this to you but Woody clings to, and this team thrives on, being the underdog and quite frankly it's working. National media continues to not recognize us as a legitimate threat in the east so I can say that Woody is just mirroring their sentiments while using that as our motivation. I mean come on they called us "Peter Pans" in that we never want to grow up but guess what? When we flying around these muther****ers next season will they still not believe?

Dude... This team is going to have to massively suck this year for him to lose his job. While I see something abouts of a 43-39 record this year... That will NOT get Woody fired. The rest of the east has made so many improvement while this team has not. This team has no shot of hitting 50 wins this year. The improvements other teams have made will cause the Hawks to lose a game here and there that they pulled out last season. At the end of the year, this team will have a worse record than last year.

It's not even all the Hawks fault. Largely, if guys like Sheed just want to sit on Boston's bench, what can you do?

i think that alot of people are looking at the lack of moves atlanta's making as signs that we are gonna fall, but the reason people are making moves is because they are seeing the major flaws that they have in their teams and are trying to improve that way. boston might lose their backup power forward, they have to sign wallace. orlando is about to lose their starting small forward, they have to trade half their bench for carter. meanwhile the hawks are set at pretty much every position. who is realistically gonna improve on bibby, johnson, williams, smith, and horford that is readily available (free agents) or isn't going to cost the team half their roster (trades) with all the moves that other teams (not including the big three) are making, i still don't see how they beat an atlanta team that's basically been playing together for 2-5 yrs now during the season. if anything the chemistry that the team is making is getting us closer to the cleveland, boston, and orlando teams since they are having to exchange parts and are getting past the primes of the majority of their key players careers. atlanta has the youngest improving squad in the eastern conference. we don't have to make changes. the team is naturally getting better as time goes on. the longer they stay together, the better they will be.

Edited by lunar

i think that alot of people are looking at the lack of moves atlanta's making as signs that we are gonna fall, but the reason people are making moves is because they are seeing the major flaws that they have in their teams and are trying to improve that way. boston might lose their backup power forward, they have to sign wallace. orlando is about to lose their starting small forward, they have to trade half their bench for carter. meanwhile the hawks are set at pretty much every position. who is realistically gonna improve on bibby, johnson, williams, smith, and horford that is readily available (free agents) or isn't going to cost the team half their roster (trades) with all the moves that other teams (not including the big three) are making, i still don't see how they beat an atlanta team that's basically been playing together for 2-5 yrs now during the season. if anything the chemistry that the team is making is getting us closer to the cleveland, boston, and orlando teams since they are having to exchange parts and are getting past the primes of the majority of their key players careers. atlanta has the youngest improving squad in the eastern conference. we don't have to make changes. the team is naturally getting better as time goes on. the longer they stay together, the better they will be.

The lack of big men is the problem. A lot of it's coaching also. These were weaknesses last year and likely neither will be fixed. This team often wins playing a poor brand of basketball. Due to the way this team plays, they often find themselves on the brink of losing to even some of the most mediocre teams. Take Washington... 3 out of the 4 wins against them were decided by 4 points or less. And that's the worst team in the east a year ago. With some trades and Gilbert A being back, sweeping them isn't anywhere near as likely. The changes the east has made will take away a few wins here and there. But it adds up at the end.

This team doesn't have good chemistry. They only pass the ball out of necessity. Josh and Woody can't stand each other. This team has won because of it's athletic ability and decent talent to go along with the weak east. We shall not forget that Orlando and Cleveland had like 14 wins more last year. They can actually afford to slip some. I don't think they will. Lebron is actually a pass first guy... More so than Kobe or Wade. So I don't see how they would really be effected on the negative side. Orlando kept their big man that Dallas was trying to get. They lost Turk, but he didn't actually have that great of a year last year. At worst, they suffer just a little bit I think.

For the record, I never said I wouldn't be happy with a 4 seed. What I am saying is you don't want your coach telling the world that, at your best, you're the 4th best team IN THE EAST. That's absolutely rediculous for a HC to say such a thing. Last year I kinda thought it was odd to say it, but this year I'd at least want him to strive for a 3 seed. He HAS to expect an improvement if he wants to get improved results. Saying he's playing the underdog role is pure BS. Even Bibby and Zaza talked about winning a championship. Obviously you guys don't understand goal setting and it's effects on one's mentality. Only LOSERS are content with tredding water.

Think about it. Championship teams have their players playing up to their potential and beyond. Their role players have career years and their backups play out of their minds as well. Why?? Coaching. The good coaches are good at getting the most out of their players. You can't do that if you set the bar low and instil mediocrity into their heads from the beginning. Our main issues are that our young players don't play up to their potential and our backups never seem to contribue. It's kinda hard to expect that out of them when you're already letting them know they can't do it.

Edited by Dsinner

• Premium Member

Woody tells the truth and youse want him to lie.

Hoping for 4th is an indication that he believes that this team is no better than 4th. Realism or whatever you want to call it, it's bad leadership. Good leadership goes hand in hand with optimism.

A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don't ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren't blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.

Tom Brady

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.

Vince Lombardi

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Vince Lombardi

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game and that is first place.

Vince Lombardi

Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.

Joe Paterno

You need to play with supreme confidence, or else you'll lose again, and then losing becomes a habit.

Joe Paterno

Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit.

Bear Bryant

Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy.

Mike Ditka

Hoping for 4th is an indication that he believes that this team is no better than 4th. Realism or whatever you want to call it, it's bad leadership. Good leadership goes hand in hand with optimism.

Tom Brady

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.

Vince Lombardi

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Vince Lombardi

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game and that is first place.

Vince Lombardi

Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.

Joe Paterno

You need to play with supreme confidence, or else you'll lose again, and then losing becomes a habit.

Joe Paterno

Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit.

Bear Bryant

Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy.

Mike Ditka

Big thumbs up here.

• Like 1