• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks Trade Rights to Andersen

Theeyo

He is going to get every chance with the Rockets given their current injuries to the FC. I was perfectly fine with keeping Andersen overseas. We know soon as he has one good game. We are going to be hearing it from everyone whether we want to hear it or not blasting the Hawks for letting him go for nothing.

Andersen’s 29 and longtime pro of consequence in Europe. He’s hardly prepared to surrender his ability to earn more money in Europe for a situation in the NBA that won’t allow him to recoup his losses in a situation to his liking. With the Hawks he would have been stuck behind Zaza Pachulia in the rotation, his only real opening for playing time coming if someone else suffered a serious injury (I don’t know about you, but that doesn’t sound like an ideal set up to me).

How exactly would there not be minutes sans injury with Zaza the ONLY backup we have for the 4 or 5 spot? There are plenty of minutes available for us to play someone off the bench at the 4 so I don't buy this as a valid excuse to trade him.

oh no but how do u put a post in a diffrent catergory

I have no idea how you posted this in the test forum but it's moved to the right forum now.

I'm not sure what have happened... This is the first bad deal this off-season!

Anyway, I'll give Sund the benefit of the doubt and conclude that Hawks realy weren't able to swing a better deal for whatever reason...

It sounds like DA realy didn't want to be a Hawk. I don't believe it was just the issue of money, but perhaps playing time (DA perhaps wanted guarentee of 20 mpg.)...

Overall, I'm just dissapointed, 'cause we lost a veteran player who could have contributed and make our front-court better for sure...

P.S. DA will do very well in Houston under Adelman...

In return, the Hawks snagged not only a future second-round draft pick to replace Andersen, they also collect cash believed to be in the amount of $2 million, which comes in handy as this summer goes on (and they continue to scour the free agent landscape for big man help).

This could be significant as we turn to FA.

Hoopshype is reporting that DA got a 2-year contract with an option for a third at $2.5M annually. Not as much dough as he probably wanted, but as people have already said, he should get a decent amount of PT in Houston. At best, he would've only gotten 15-20 min behind Josh at PF.

Yea, not a bad move. Anderson wanted more money than we were willing to pay. It will be interesting to see if the Rockets bring him over and for how much.

I guess we won't see too many David Anderson threads next year... aww hell :-P

• Premium Member

Yea, not a bad move. Anderson wanted more money than we were willing to pay. It will be interesting to see if the Rockets bring him over and for how much.

I guess we won't see too many David Anderson threads next year... aww hell :-P

I bet the hawks will use that pick to draft another player that doesn't want to be here.

Hoopshype is reporting that DA got a 2-year contract with an option for a third at $2.5M annually. Not as much dough as he probably wanted, but as people have already said, he should get a decent amount of PT in Houston. At best, he would've only gotten 15-20 min behind Josh at PF.

Yea he did say he wouldn't sacrifice both money and PT just to come to the NBA. He wouldn't of even seen many minutes at PF considering that Marvin (hopefully) flexes at that position too, and would be doing more of that this year considering Crawesome's addition. Best of luck to him, he's going to have plenty of opportunities to prove his salt in this league but I'm already penciling Houston in as one of the 20 road wins we are going to see this season. :lock:

I don't like the trade but it seemed as though he pushed to go to the Rockets for whatever reason and I don't think it all has to do with minutes. He looks like a bonafide scorer and I think he could be a decent player. We still need a decent backup PF so hopefully we sign Diougu.

I think I was right then. The cash makes up for the difference for this year of the Crawford for Law and Speedy trade. The 2 mill almost perfectly makes up the 2 mill extra they have to pay Crawford this year as opposed to Speedy and Acie. Yes I know they have to give Crawford 10 mill next year but they will work another cost cutting move out for that.

You may be right, but I find it hard to believe Sund would do the Law/Speedy trade without knowing how he was going to make up the 2million dollar difference. It's not like there was a guareentee that we could get money by moving David Anderson. Back when the law trade was made we still hadn't made up our mind whether we wanted to bring him over or not or keep him overseas again.

Edited by Blunt91

You may be right, but I find it hard to believe Sund would do the Law/Speedy trade without knowing how he was going to make up the 2million dollar difference. It's not like there was a guareentee that we could get money by moving David Anderson. Back when the law trade was made we still hadn't made up our mind whether we wanted to bring him over or not or keep him overseas again.

The 2 million difference was from Flip since Crawford was brought in to replace him. The salaries work out pretty evenly with Speedy/Acie/Flip compared to Jamal.

so again, what the hell does "future considerations" mean? we get the 2nd round pick, cash and this magical future considerations....i see this alot but have never understood it.

It's possible that they will get something like another 2nd or more cash if Anderson does well... not sure I'd hope for more than that...

I have no problem with this deal. If it was so obvious this guy was an NBA talent than other teams would have made offers for his rights in previous years in order to get him. Houston is a little desperate right now. Not sure how we could have got a better offer than this. Like others have said this could be a high 2nd round pick with Houston essentially rebuilding.

What percentage of 2nd round picks, foreign or not, actually stick in the NBA? People are acting like we totally blew the Andersen pick and the Cenk Akyol pick. I'm ecstatic we got anything for Andersen. Akyol was one of the last two picks in his draft, and he had some potential but doesn't sound like it fully realized. Everyone thinks of the Monta Ellis type players, but usually 2nd round picks are lucky to be role players and stay in the league.

According to a question asked by "ProtonPill" on Sekou's twitter about how much the Hawks offered Andersen to play for us, Sekou answered

"half of what Houston offered, if that.". According to some sources the Houston deal for Andersen is a 2 year deal with a team option for the 3rd at 2.5mill per year. If this is true then I'm even more on Andersen's side because coming over to the NBA to be the 3rd string Center on a team for 1.25mill or less a year is not exactly an ideal situation.