• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Apparently Acie sucking so far for Golden State..

TheDude

Acie has to show he has the ability to take games over offensively. And he can't be afraid to fail. Golden State brought him there because they believed that he could have an impact. Acie needs to maintain a positive attitude ON THE COURT. If his shot isn't falling, play great defense, pile up the assists, but keep being aggressive and showing your coaches 'positive' on-court body language.

This, along with the injuries, is the reason why he didn't play much in Atlanta. But it's always easier for some Hawks fans to blame "Mean Ol' Woody" when a player plays poorly, or doesn't play up to his potential.

LOL @ saying that the Warriors traded for him, because they believed he could make an impact. No they didn't.

They traded for him . . . .to get rid of Crawford.

Because the only thing AC could do was penetrate. He couldn't finish and really couldn't shoot. Even though he could penetrate, whenever he got the ball, he'd pass it. I so wish we could have got Calderon for that 11th pick. It's a nice fantasy..

Not good. Lacking confidence? Where have I heard that before?

Speaking of shape, per Sekou, Bibby, Horford, Solomon, Randy all putting in some work today. Just another reason why I wanted Bibby back here. He just signed a 6 million dollar contract, but two days later, he out working with teammates.

Maybe this this is stupid question, but who is Randy? The only Randy I know that is affiliated with the Hawks is Randy Whitman from the 80s.

This, along with the injuries, is the reason why he didn't play much in Atlanta. But it's always easier for some Hawks fans to blame "Mean Ol' Woody" when a player plays poorly, or doesn't play up to his potential.

LOL @ saying that the Warriors traded for him, because they believed he could make an impact. No they didn't.

They traded for him . . . .to get rid of Crawford.

This is exactly what I was thinking on both points. Also, I want for one person to name another rookie that Woodson "didn't play" and therefore ruined their confidence. I thought this was the NBA. You have to be a man to make yourself anyways.

i've seen a few of their games and although he's made a few good plays he's still playing timid and needs to fix that asap if he wants to stay in the NBA. It's summer league you're almost required to be a ball hog,especially when playing with Randolph,who's just like Smoove except with handle which means he doesn't like to give it to the guard in transition and Curry their prized lotto pick. He needs to step it up asap. He's hit a good amount of shots he's taken he just needs to be more agressive with the ball.

Really makes me wish we'd grabbed either Rodney Stuckey or Thaddeus Young a few years back with the #11 that we used to snag Law IV... <br><br>

Thad would've only ended up stuck in our glut of SF's but Stuckey would've been awesome. Can't say I knew too much about him coming out of college; I'm not very well versed on Eastern Washington basketball, but he's certainly been a decent player for the Pistons'.

• Premium Member

Really makes me wish we'd grabbed either Rodney Stuckey or Thaddeus Young a few years back with the #11 that we used to snag Law IV... <br><br>

Thad would've only ended up stuck in our glut of SF's but Stuckey would've been awesome. Can't say I knew too much about him coming out of college; I'm not very well versed on Eastern Washington basketball, but he's certainly been a decent player for the Pistons'.

Speaking of which, we may have dodged a bullet on our 2009 draft pick. Lawson ain't looking so hot right now.

i've seen a few of their games and although he's made a few good plays he's still playing timid and needs to fix that asap if he wants to stay in the NBA. It's summer league you're almost required to be a ball hog,especially when playing with Randolph,who's just like Smoove except with handle which means he doesn't like to give it to the guard in transition and Curry their prized lotto pick. He needs to step it up asap. He's hit a good amount of shots he's taken he just needs to be more agressive with the ball.

I think Acie has some talent but his timid play was always my biggest issue with him when he was here. It's almost like he equates missing a shot with failure even if taking the shot was the right thing to do. He needs to develop the mentality that no matter how many shots he misses, he KNOWS the next one is going in. He should go hang out with Antoine Walker for a while.

I think Acie has some talent but his timid play was always my biggest issue with him when he was here. It's almost like he equates missing a shot with failure even if taking the shot was the right thing to do. He needs to develop the mentality that no matter how many shots he misses, he KNOWS the next one is going in. He should go hang out with Antoine Walker for a while.

he had a decent game yesterday against the Hornets. His shots have been going in when he's taken them. He made a long jumper in transition and a nice turnaround jumper out of the paint as well as a reverse layup and one. These are the type of plays he only made in one game as a Hawk,which was the Bobcats game before the all star break when we got Bibby.

Edited by Cwell

Hey man.....

I was pumped when we signed Acie. I figured since he was a prolific scorer and had a knack for knocking down game winning shots in collie that he would do it in the ATL, too.

Man, homeboy's game got ghost like Speedy Claxton. Anthony Johnson got run over him.......A.J. Got traded and Bibby took over and that was it.

Woody would rather have Flip run point than Acie.....................Do I need to repeat that, or do y'all remember last year.

I won't feel bad for homie, though. He makes like 20x what I do catchin splinters........