• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So why haven't we signed a "big" yet?

Blunt91

I hope if we take a big man out of this camp it is at the expense of Morris. I think he is never going to be anything more then a 12th man. I wish we went after Kwame last year instead of him.

Well we did work out Kwame at about the same time we worked out Morris but the fact Kwame signed for 4mil per with the Piston's as opposed to Morris' 800k is probably why we didn't bring him in.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Well we did work out Kwame at about the same time we worked out Morris but the fact Kwame signed for 4mil per with the Piston's as opposed to Morris' 800k is probably why we didn't bring him in.

...true but Kwame can contribute in a game and Morris can not.

that does not concern me if the offense is coming from somewhere else. Just as long as they are rebounding, doing the little things and playing d I am happy.

It concerns me because it is obvious where we need to make an improvement at; and also where we get beat at offensively on a regular basis. No big we can sign is going to stop a healthy Garnett, Howard, or now Shaq and Ilgauskas, Toronto and Bosh I think will be much improved as well. My point is if you cannot stop them; lets at least try and be respectable with our low post scoring.

I think a offensive minded C/PF would help us more than a defensive minded one. That is really all I am saying. Just hope whoever it is that becomes our 3rd option at the 4/5 has some offensive game.

Edited by Buzzard

...true but Kwame can contribute in a game and Morris can not.

We were pushing luxury tax as it was last season I doubt adding Kwame at 4 million would have been worth the extra expense to management. He would have helped but not enough to justify paying out close to 6 million for him when we already had a back up C making 4mill.

• Admin

We were pushing luxury tax as it was last season I doubt adding Kwame at 4 million would have been worth the extra expense to management. He would have helped but not enough to justify paying out close to 6 million for him when we already had a back up C making 4mill.

True. Although I guess Morris was a waste of money too.

It concerns me because it is obvious where need to make an improvement at; and also where we get beat at offensively on a regular basis. No big we can sign is going to stop a healthy Garnett, Howard, or now Shaq and Ilgauskas, Toronto and Bosh I think will be much improved as well. My point is if you cannot stop them; lets at least try and be respectable with our low post scoring.

I think a offensive minded C/PF would help us more than a defensive minded one. That is really all I am saying. Just hope whoever it is that becomes our 3rd option at the 4/5 has some offensive game.

Agreed. Post scoring is very valuable to an offense and only allows us more options against defenses, this is why I hope Diogu gets the nod. He has an advanced post game and enough length and girth to flex at the C position.

• Admin

Agreed. Post scoring is very valuable to an offense and only allows us more options against defenses, this is why I hope Diogu gets the nod. He has an advanced post game and enough length and girth to flex at the C position.

I have no problem with Diogu if he can stay healthy and as long as we get a defensive c/pf too.

A lot things have to be discussed such as playing time ,money ,YEARS and dont forget you are usually in competition with the other playoff teams so its important to get the right fit and to make sure you dont overpay for someone who is not.

I've been trying to tell you guys what is up. One of the bigs is probably going to be Solo . . . the other, a free agent scrub. When Sund decided to trade Speedy and Law for Crawford instead of a quality big, it pretty much limited us to scrub-like big men.

And Sund isnt willing to overpay for a scrub big man.

Might as well tell Marvin and Josh to hit the weight room. They just need to start playing tougher.

• Premium Member

I've done a 180 on Sund in less than a month. What has he done really? We've been giving him too credit for trading for an unwanted player in Crawford and signing all of BK's talent. When you look at it objectively you have to say the man has yet to make a move that makes this team better than the team BK left.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I've done a 180 on Sund in less than a month. What has he done really? We've been giving him too credit for trading for an unwanted player in Crawford and signing all of BK's talent. When you look at it objectively blindly you have to say the man has yet to make a move that makes this team better than when BK left.

Fixed

If you were to truly look at his moves objectively you'd see that he has re-signed "BK's talent" to extremely cap friendly contracts while adding ancillary pieces in Mo and Flip that were a large reason why we won 47 games last year and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I expect that this year will be no different and we'll find bargain basement players with something to prove and I also expect that the fans here will be impatient about it (myself included) and come next season we'll be praising his low dollar acquisitions.

Hawks expecting a veteran (big man) visitor tomorrow that will upstage the mini-camp gathering. Details to come shortly.

32 minutes ago from web

from sekou smith's twitter

let's see what happens

Hawks expecting a veteran (big man) visitor tomorrow that will upstage the mini-camp gathering. Details to come shortly.

32 minutes ago from web

from sekou smith's twitter

let's see what happens

Awesome !

Who could it be ?

I am hearing Rasho like Toronto and Toronto like him.

Skinner ? J. Smith ? B. Wallace ? J. Magloire ?

Awesome !

Who could it be ?

I am hearing Rasho like Toronto and Toronto like him.

Skinner ? J. Smith ? B. Wallace ? J. Magloire ?

Hmm let's see ... Aaron Gray, Josh McRoberts, Mikki Moore, Shelden Williams, Theo? Any other scrubs that fit the category of "we're going to be disappointed" that I'm leaving out?

I'm hoping for maybe Joe Smith, Drew Gooden, Big Ben from the "big names". Joel Anthony would have been nice but he re-signed with the Heat. I'd be okay with Mags or Skinner.