• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JUST HAVE TO VENT

I know this will probably get moved but Brett Favre gets on my DAMN NERVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY IS T.O. A DIVA BUT BRETT COUNTRY BUMPKIN, WRANGLER WEARING ,LAWN MOWING RIDING FAVRE JUST COMPETITIVE I DONT GET IT I KNOW HE IS A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER BUT GOODNESS GRACIOUS HE AINT JESUS!!!!! Whew I had to get off my chest sorry for yelling. :shake_puter:

• Premium Member

I know this will probably get moved but Brett Favre gets on my DAMN NERVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY IS T.O. A DIVA BUT BRETT COUNTRY BUMPKIN, WRANGLER WEARING ,LAWN MOWING RIDING FAVRE JUST COMPETITIVE I DONT GET IT I KNOW HE IS A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER BUT GOODNESS GRACIOUS HE AINT JESUS!!!!! Whew I had to get off my chest sorry for yelling. :shake_puter:

Finally, the brett situation is put to bed!!!

Don't hate him cause he's white.

agree completely. Sometimes I wish Brett Favre would jump off a cliff,i've been sick of his games for the last 5 years or so.

Edited by Cwell

Don't hate him cause he's white.

Are u serious? this has nothing to do with his race. Its about the media love affair with certain players regardless of race. The fact of the matter is Brett has not been that good the last few years, he has 1 superbowl ring not 10. I mean he is not Tom Brady, or Ben R.(NO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL HIS LAST NAME) but anyway the point is the media critiscize other players for doing the same thing Brett has done. I just call a spade a spade.

Are u serious? this has nothing to do with his race. Its about the media love affair with certain players regardless of race. The fact of the matter is Brett has not been that good the last few years, he has 1 superbowl ring not 10. I mean he is not Tom Brady, or Ben R.(NO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL HIS LAST NAME) but anyway the point is the media critiscize other players for doing the same thing Brett has done. I just call a spade a spade.

When you call him a tractor riding, bumpkin, or whatever you called him...it had to do with his race. Whether you meant it or not, it's racial.

However, I agree with your opinions on the media, and blowing it up...but it's the off season, they look for anything

I don't hate him, he just loves football. Now it was the media, mainly ESPN every other hour saying "A source close to Favre" blah blah blah "Brad Childress is flying to Mississppi" blah blah. And I wouldn't say that it's over, around weeks 8-10 rumors will come out that he wants to come out of retirement.

When you call him a tractor riding, bumpkin, or whatever you called him...it had to do with his race. Whether you meant it or not, it's racial.

However, I agree with your opinions on the media, and blowing it up...but it's the off season, they look for anything

Well I didn't mean for the country bumpkin statement to be racist I have been called that. but anyway thats just how I feel about Brett I hope he stays away!

I don't hate him, he just loves football. Now it was the media, mainly ESPN every other hour saying "A source close to Favre" blah blah blah "Brad Childress is flying to Mississppi" blah blah. And I wouldn't say that it's over, around weeks 8-10 rumors will come out that he wants to come out of retirement.

There is nothing wrong with loving the sport and he probably will always love it. I think he enjoys playing the game of will I retire or won't I retire its like this is the only way he can get attention or something. Espn does worship him but to me he does nothing to diffuse these situations, he acts as if the NFL owes him something or if he is MR. NFL. I THINK NOT!!

Like they say in the business-- "Dance or get off the stage". I think this applies to Brett in every way especially cause the act is ancient and has been done by him many more times than i care to remember.

Wow. This is just way too sensitive. While I think those statements may stereotype Favre, I don't think it's necessarily racial. I don't think words like hillbilly or bumpkin, though condescending, insulting, stereotyping and somewhat inflammatory are inherently racist. If they were, you wouldn't see so many white people calling each other by those names. Was "The Beverly Hillbillies" a racist show/movie? And don't blacks and hispanics ride tractors, too?

I agree that country bumpkin can apply to any race. Growing up in the south and playing sports I'm sure many of us have heard coaches (primarily football in my case) call white, black, and mexican kids bumpkins.

And I too am extremely tired of hearing about Favre.

• Moderators

I'll cosign that Brett is a diva who won't even commit to training with the team like the rest of his teammates. If he was there for the love of the game, he would not want all the extra perks and play the games he does. Retire for good this time, Brett, or pick a team. Just move on.

Well Mrs. Joe I feel both are divas in their own way. I don't get how he's singled out for having "fun" getting piggy back rides, or whatever, and the lame announcers keep talking about he's such a kid at heart out there. Well if you're making plays and scoring td''s, of course you re gonna be happy and enthused.