• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby vs Allen Iverson

Deeman

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know alot of people don't like AI, but I still think he can get it done. Bibby is the better shooter and he is more of a pass first PG. AI is a undersized SG that plays PG. If Bibby would have left the team this summer I wouldn't have a problem sighning A.I to take his place. He could help take the load off JJ and gets to the foul line alot. A.I had a bad season last year but I still think he can play.

Mike's stats

PPG 14.9

RPG 3.5

APG 5.0

SPG 1.2

BPG 0.1

FG% 0.435

FT% 0.789

3P% 0.390

MPG 34.7

A.I stats

2008-09 Statistics

PPG 17.5

RPG 3.0

APG 5.0

SPG 1.5

BPG 0.1

FG% 0.417

FT% 0.781

3P% 0.283

MPG 36.7

Iverson never learned to be a team player. For a guy his size, we all knew he would have to eventually learn PG skills to play past his early 30's.

A.I.'s ego will not allow him to be a team player..........evidence of that is the Detroit tragedy.

Little men often retire early and have quick drop offs. That is especially true for little men who are not excellent shootersand rely on quickness. Even the great Isiah Thomas retired early once his quicks left him. Guys like Tim Hardaway and John Stockton played forever, on one leg, b/c they could shoot the hell out the ball and be a true PG.

Bibby's ability to shoot and play within a team concept with a positive attitude will allow him to play into his 30's.

I know alot of people don't like AI, but I still think he can get it done. Bibby is the better shooter and he is more of a pass first PG. AI is a undersized SG that plays PG. If Bibby would have left the team this summer I wouldn't have a problem sighning A.I to take his place. He could help take the load off JJ and gets to the foul line alot. A.I had a bad season last year but I still think he can play.

Mike's stats

PPG 14.9

RPG 3.5

APG 5.0

SPG 1.2

BPG 0.1

FG% 0.435

FT% 0.789

3P% 0.390

MPG 34.7

A.I stats

2008-09 Statistics

PPG 17.5

RPG 3.0

APG 5.0

SPG 1.5

BPG 0.1

FG% 0.417

FT% 0.781

3P% 0.283

MPG 36.7

AI really helped Detroit didn't he? Ivy is a dinosaur of a player in a league that has improved as a team game the last few years while he has stayed THE SAME.

AI is the better player, Bibby is more valuable to the Hawks.

Agreed. When you measure careers, talent, individual accomplishments, AI clearly has been a better player. But, now 2009-10, Mike Bibby is much more valuable to the Hawks looking at the whole landscape of the team. We have enough guys that can score, which what Iverson hangs his hat on. Bibby has been here, knows Woodson's style, and he has the full support of his younger teammates as someone to look up to and listen to. For two players winding down their careers, Bibby is much more sensible for trying to win games.

agree with what everyone else has said, AI is better but Bibby is better for us

first, i was an iverson fan. he was really great with the sixers in the late90s and early 2000. he won a game himself in the finals. and bibby, i never like him enough. of course what's done is done. just a few thoughts that i have. 1)we don't have a system and we still don't have a pure point guard(maybe pure point guard don't exist anymore once jason kidd and steve nash retire). 2)he didn't miss any practice with the nuggets or the pistons. bad teammate? i don't remember anyone saying he would hate to play with iverson. of course on the other hand, i read people like bibby. 3)for the last shot, iverson can create his own shot, you know the crossover dribble and going left to right then shoot or just get a pass and shoot, what about bibby? 4)defenively, bibby is known as a weak defensive player. iverson, same basically except he gamble a lot for steals. does that make it better, maybe but not to me.

• Premium Member

AI is the better player, Bibby is more valuable to the Hawks.

Exactly, the facts that AI is a drive and score guy.. and that he plays some defense, makes him a better player. Bibby just fits what we need because he is a PG who can hit an outside shot.

Agreed. When you measure careers, talent, individual accomplishments, AI clearly has been a better player. But, now 2009-10, Mike Bibby is much more valuable to the Hawks looking at the whole landscape of the team. We have enough guys that can score, which what Iverson hangs his hat on. Bibby has been here, knows Woodson's style, and he has the full support of his younger teammates as someone to look up to and listen to. For two players winding down their careers, Bibby is much more sensible for trying to win games.

The question asked is not who was the better player.

The question was not who had the best career or most individual accomplishments either.

The question was who is the best player.................is not was...............as in right now / present tense.

A.I. showed that he was through last year. He is a scorer who hogs the ball and shoots 40%. The same thing happened with Dominique. When your a scorer who relies on athletic ability your career usually comes to a quick stop. The only feelers he got were from rebuilding clubs like the Grizz and Bobcats.

Is there a playoff team out there that Allen Iverson would start for ? Heck they could have had him for the MLE on a 1 year contract............less then Bibby but there were no takers.

I was a huge A.I. fan............just as I was a huige fan of Nique but I can see when a player is washed up.

You don't have to take my word for it. Look at every GM's actions this year regarding A.I.

Edited by coachx

I thought this was "who would you rather have" so I voted Bibby. But I also don't think AI is much better at all. Bibby is better at getting others involved and at their advanced ages I think he has an easier time scoring as a shooter.

A.I. is the better player, but Bibby is a better fit. There's no arguing that. You put them both on bottom feeder teams, and A.I. will shine more than Bibby.

I guess it comes down to how you define a player.

To me, a start stuffer on a losing team, who can no longer play for a winning team is worthless.

A player with stats that may not be as good, but is essential to his team winning 50 games is the better player when compared to a stat stuffer on team that wins 30 games but loses 52.

Measuring a player based on how they may perform on a bad team does not mean they are better player at all. Heck, A.I. on a losing team last year and his stats were not as good as Bibby's.

I guess it comes down to how you define a player.

To me, a start stuffer on a losing team, who can no longer play for a winning team is worthless.

A player with stats that may not be as good, but is essential to his team winning 50 games is the better player when compared to a stat stuffer on team that wins 30 games but loses 52.

Measuring a player based on how they may perform on a bad team does not mean they are better player at all. Heck, A.I. on a losing team last year and his stats were not as good as Bibby's.

I think if A.I. had a big PG (like Penny big) playing next to him, he would shine again. It's just harder to find a fit for an undersized SG than for a player like Bibby. A.I. is the better overall player, though.

• Moderators

The question asked is not who was the better player.

The question was not who had the best career or most individual accomplishments either.

The question was who is the best player.................is not was...............as in right now / present tense.

A.I. showed that he was through last year. He is a scorer who hogs the ball and shoots 40%. The same thing happened with Dominique. When your a scorer who relies on athletic ability your career usually comes to a quick stop. The only feelers he got were from rebuilding clubs like the Grizz and Bobcats.

Is there a playoff team out there that Allen Iverson would start for ? Heck they could have had him for the MLE on a 1 year contract............less then Bibby but there were no takers.

I was a huge A.I. fan............just as I was a huige fan of Nique but I can see when a player is washed up.

You don't have to take my word for it. Look at every GM's actions this year regarding A.I.

My sentiments exactly.

AI for the career. Bibby for 2009-10. AI's time as a player who adds wins to a decent team is probably up at this point. Bibby can still improve a decent team. I voted Bibby > AI for their present value. The complete disinterest from any winning team in AI speaks volumes, IMO.